BlackPhoenix Team is looking for coder (ongoing project)

Discuss modifications and also recruit team members.

BlackPhoenix Team is looking for coder (ongoing project)

Postby BlackPhoenixDev on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:11 am

Hello,

I'm currently a developer working on Resurgence mod. We're currently seeking a source coder / programmer who is capable of doing some basic stuff like adding a new guns, modifying game mechanics, customizing HUD etc. aswell as couple more advanced features like Loadout menu. The game is set in the HL universe, but it takes place in different part of the world, it have it's own original storyline, including new characters, new weapons and much more.

The mod is focusing on battle of City 37 (yes 37, not C17) from perspective of a resistance member, Jack Carter. He and his team (since he is not Freeman, he's not one man army) are discovering the way Overwatch is prospering, and they start to hunt for the local administrator, to take the advantage in the war. At this point, I don't want to spoil the whole story.

The game will represent it's own style, the campaign is split onto 11 independent "missions" (or whatever you want to call it), singleplayer only. We're not planning any major changes to the game mechanics, but still there will be a couple features which are going to make this game differ from original HL2. There will be more action and cinematic moments, player will have a little bit of freedom at some points in the game, but we're also going to include HL-ish features like puzzles.

If successfull enough, we're looking forward to submit the game to Steam Greenlight.

For more actual details about the game (and short teaser trailer), please check our ModDb page http://www.moddb.com/mods/resurgence
You can also download the game presentation for developers, which might be more suitable for you http://www.mediafire.com/download/acfpppjo4srt2fn/Resurgence-DeveloperPresentation.pdf

Our team currently consists of 1 level designer, 2 model artists, 1 animator (might be 2 very soon), 7 voice actors, 2 music composers aswell as 1 sound artist. So, the only person we're really missing is in fact programmer / coder ;)
We're currently working on the Source 2013 engine branch.

If you are interested in joining us or have any questions, please send me a message blackphoenixstudiodev@gmail.com

Have a nice day!
BlackPhoenixDev
Dumpling
Dumpling

Re: BlackPhoenix Team is looking for coder (ongoing project)

Postby Major Banter on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:52 am

Y'know a lot of people called out Epic Games a few years back for using Photoshopped images in a press release. Admittedly it wasn't as brazenly obvious as that lens flare, but I've always maintained that if you have to run it through a gaussian blur your level needs some tweaks.

Anyway glhf with your project.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Re: BlackPhoenix Team is looking for coder (ongoing project)

Postby BlackPhoenixDev on Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:02 pm

Major Banter wrote:Y'know a lot of people called out Epic Games a few years back for using Photoshopped images in a press release. Admittedly it wasn't as brazenly obvious as that lens flare, but I've always maintained that if you have to run it through a gaussian blur your level needs some tweaks.

Anyway glhf with your project.

Yes, I am aware of that. Thankfully, screenshots above are taken straight from my Steam Screenshots folder, I never was editing in-game screenshots. I know it might sound lame but I'm currently using gaussian blur shader as temporary placeholder for DoF. Thanks for leaving your comment. If anybody happen to know somebody who could be potentially interested, please let me know! Have a nice day!
BlackPhoenixDev
Dumpling
Dumpling

Return to Mod Talk