Keys: A HL2 Modification - [Released]

Discuss modifications and also recruit team members.

Re: Keys: A HL2 Modification - [Released]

Postby jimonions on Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:42 am

I admit I've never been any good with those kind of puzzles. I usually stop before getting too frustrated or succumbing to boredom of constant flip switching.
jimonions
Regular
Regular

Postby Major Banter on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:35 am

Before I write up a review, did I receive an ending?

Highlight to read:
It's difficult to tell when there's no 'menu' to be booted back to.

I walked up to a woman who wasn't pitch black outside of a large, modernist building, and fade to black. Nothing else happened. GG, or error?
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MaK on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:03 pm

Major Banter: Yes that is the ending

Plague: Nice video but that's not the way I do it.
Highlight to read:
You literally just put it in the first one, and then the one on the left. It's that easy, not really the greatest puzzle. I get you were probably doing it the long way just to show people the process of figuring it out. I think it's definitely true that most people would look for more batteries, I know I certainly did at first. Then you realize there's nothing else so that's the only option left. But being stuck there for 20 minutes sounds kinda nuts, I guess Arma should've done more playtesting!!
MaK

Postby Plague on Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:13 am

MaK wrote:Plague: Nice video but that's not the way I do it.
Highlight to read:
You literally just put it in the first one, and then the one on the left. It's that easy, not really the greatest puzzle. I get you were probably doing it the long way just to show people the process of figuring it out. I think it's definitely true that most people would look for more batteries, I know I certainly did at first. Then you realize there's nothing else so that's the only option left. But being stuck there for 20 minutes sounds kinda nuts, I guess Arma should've done more playtesting!!

Highlight to read:
That's not meant to show shit, that was my first time playing and I just clipped the video.
Contact. The EU welcomes the pain free. That's emotional impact.
I actually think limitation is good for creativity. If we had an engine that could do everything, we would be in trouble. It gives us focus. ~~ Randy Lundeen
Plague
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sathor on Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:38 pm

It is hard to give a fair and objective rating of any kind to something like Keys. I didn't really follow the mod while Arma worked on it, so I basically only knew one or two screenshots and that it was something along the lines fo Dear Esther, perhaps.

What the mod managed was to impress me. It made me ask for the creator's intentions of placing certain stuff in some places. For example, in the otherwise - intentionally - empty enviroment, why have a wall socket for a lamp? Perhaps Arma did not even want me to think about stuff like that, but that is what kind of made it special for me. I love to discover small details.

In several places I had goose bumps - I guess owed to the fantastic soundtrack, too, but also the composition of the rooms.

The mod was short enough to be enjoyable till the end, and I was taken a bit by suprise by the end, since I would have explored the end a bit more otherwise.

I did not have any problems solving the riddles, either.

Great work, Arma :smt023
Sathor

Postby Major Banter on Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:17 pm

Review.

Artsy mod means an artsy and wordy review I'm afraid - I need to practice on that front.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Previous

Return to Mod Talk