Interlopers is changing hands - April Fool

Comment on the news articles here.

Postby SixThree on Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:42 pm

Sorrow wrote:Haha this is a joke honest, no way you guys @ MK thingamajig can have such a cheap site lol :wink:

That was registered on March 22nd and covered by DomainsByProxy.com
SpaceJesus wrote:Not to sound harsh, but cl_commonsense 1 please folks
SixThree
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby serpent666 on Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:44 pm

1) the mk-solutions site is way to basic
2) it contains frames to small for the text(making a scroll bar at the bottom)
3) it has no copyright information
4) the "clients" that have been linked have no info about mk-solutions... only interlopers
5)its april 1st... if there really was going to be a corporate take over it would be to un professional to have it on this day and to have it dropped on the public to suddenly

nice try blink :P
serpent666
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Persol on Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:48 pm

serpent666 wrote:its april 1st... if there really was going to be a corporate take over it would be to un professional to have it on this day and to have it dropped on the public to suddenly
And, it's a Sunday.
Persol
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Generalvivi on Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:49 pm

OMFG i was totally like wtf then i remembered it was April fools :P
Generalvivi
Irrational Games

Postby Kelikan on Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:53 pm

What? Huh! No! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAprilFools.
Kelikan
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby The Watcher on Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:53 pm

Guys, I don't think this is a joke. They've deleted 3 of the boards, locked the biggest thread here, and have their ads almost everywhere.

I'm trying to calm down about this sudden change. It took me completely by surprise. Perhaps it will turn out for the better, but it will take some getting used to...
The one and only anti-Interloper

This forum is an evil negativity-brewing hellhole, like all internet communities, and should be shut down...
The Watcher
Banned

Postby Sorrow on Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:54 pm

MK-ULTRA, here to manage you. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Greg Mayson: PR MK-Solutions
http://www.mk-solutions.org
"Perfecting Communities"

That is extremely scary btw, especially the last 2 words.
Sorrow
Veteran
Veteran

Postby SixThree on Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:56 pm

The man in the banner on the interlopers frontpage looks awfully similar to the man in R&B Web Solutions's poster, http://www.rbws4me.com/Services.html

You can also find this man by typing "business man" into Google image search, and you'll be pleasantly surprised to see that he's on the first page :P

The Watcher wrote:Guys, I don't think this is a joke. They've deleted 3 of the boards, locked the biggest thread here, and have their ads almost everywhere.

I'm trying to calm down about this sudden change. It took me completely by surprise. Perhaps it will turn out for the better, but it will take some getting used to...

They haven't deleted the boards, Blink has just hidden them from the public. And threads can easily be unlocked :P
Last edited by SixThree on Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceJesus wrote:Not to sound harsh, but cl_commonsense 1 please folks
SixThree
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby RCooper on Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:57 pm

We left it up to Simon to decide when he wanted to make the announcement, as it was his site after all.

Websites don't stop at weekends, hence us working on this project on a weekend. Part of our aim is to run our clients' websites around the clock.

Our other client websites pay us to run their site so there is no need for our company name on the actual site itself. In this case we have paid Simon to give us rights to Interlopers so we can freely advertise our company brand wherever we wish.

We purchased our advertising model photos from a website that offers such a service, it is possible an image that looks similar may show up on another website.

With regard to our company website, it is a brand new site as you've pointed out and is being updated all the time. I'll pass your feedback onto our webmaster.

Many thanks
Robert
Last edited by RCooper on Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Cooper : CEO MK-Solutions
"Here to manage you"
RCooper
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby Spas12 on Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:59 pm

The Watcher wrote:Guys, I don't think this is a joke. They've deleted 3 of the boards, locked the biggest thread here, and have their ads almost everywhere.

The deleted boards are backed up, threads can be unlocked easily, and those made up ads can be taken off in no time.

Congratulations, youve been fooled.
Past Treyarch Level Designer

Portfolio
Spas12
Veteran
Veteran

Postby The Watcher on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:02 am

Ok, that's it! I'm leaving until I know this is true or false. I'm sure it's true, but I just don't know! And I'm not going to be the laughing stock of the forum if it really is a joke, which I highly doubt! :evil:

Good day... :cry:
The one and only anti-Interloper

This forum is an evil negativity-brewing hellhole, like all internet communities, and should be shut down...
The Watcher
Banned

Postby Knights on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:18 am

Omfg SELLOUT! :-D :-D Btw you win five seconds of fame from me, I saw this Mk-solutions and really freaked out.
Last edited by Knights on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knights
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby the_irate_pirate on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:18 am

Well if this is a joke, then it's a bad joke. And the MK-Solutions website is so badly done, lol. Another thing that makes this seem as a joke is the slogan: "mk-solutions - here to manage you". Lol, that is so condescending, would any company want it as their slogan? :mrgreen:
Plus, besides the advertising space, what does this company gain by purchasing this website?
"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it."
-Mark Twain
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."
-Mark Twain
the_irate_pirate
Regular
Regular

Postby GMayson on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:36 am

What we gain is our presence on the web. Mk-Solutions is still a fairly young and new company. But by taking over and managing popular websites, we gain the ability to expand.

I.e. soon we will have the time and funding to change our company's website to a more professional stature. We will also be able to launch better looking advertisement and publicity campaigns. What you see here and on other sites are still the old advertisements from when we first started up.

But right now we are going to try and focus on getting Interlopers back into shape. When that is done, and this site is more popular than ever, we gain the option to sell the website again.

It is a risky business, but we do it with love. :-)
Greg Mayson: PR MK-Solutions
"Perfecting Communities"
GMayson
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby Meotwister on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:59 am

haha.. i love the intricacy of this to try to cover all the bases of this joke. :P
Check out my continually progressing portfolio!
http://meotwister.com - Finally up! I also blog there, too!

www.NoMoreRoomInHell.com
Meotwister
Resolute Games

PreviousNext

Return to Site News