Portal: First Slice Free to GeForce Users

Comment on the news articles here.

Portal: First Slice Free to GeForce Users

Postby The Wanderer on Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:57 pm

January 9, 2008, 11:52 am - Eric Twelker

The most recent Steam Hardware Survey shows more Steam gamers play on NVIDIA GeForce hardware than any other graphics platform. In an effort to further support this popular PC gaming configuration - Steam games plus NVIDIA hardware - Valve and NVIDIA have entered into an agreement to collaborate on development, distribution, events, and more.

Effective immediately, all NVIDIA gamers may receive a free copy of PortalTM: First Slice, a special version of the award-winning new game from Valve, by visiting http://www.steamgames.com/nvidia1 and "Taking the Test." Steam will then auto-detect the presence of NVIDIA hardware and make Portal: First Slice available immediately, free of charge. To make it easy for all NVIDIA customers to redeem this offer, a link to the Steam offer will also be included in all NVIDIA drivers.

"More Steam gamers, including myself, play on NVIDIA hardware than any other GPU," said Doug Lombardi, vice president of marketing at Valve. "That's a testament to the company's long history of innovation and quality. By working together with NVIDIA to expand our development, distribution, and marketing efforts, we're increasing our ability to serve the millions of NVIDIA customers logging onto Steam and help us prepare for our next generation of content."

Throughout the coming year, the companies will also be working together to support competitive gaming events for Counter-Strike® and Team Fortress® 2 and will continue to work together to define and support the breakthrough features of tomorrow's games and graphics hardware.

"Valve's endorsement of our technology and tools is yet another example of how the world's leading gaming companies are working with NVIDIA," said Roy Taylor, vice president of content relations at NVIDIA. "Portal is the hottest new, award-winning title from Valve, and we're delighted that Valve will offer First Slice exclusively to GeForce customers."

Portal: First Slice is now available to all NVIDIA customers. For more information about the offer or to take the test, please click here.
The Wanderer

Re: Portal: First Slice Free to GeForce Users

Postby Generalvivi on Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:10 pm

sweet.... but I already got the game long ago. Damn you valve for doing that shit on purpose!
Generalvivi
Irrational Games

Postby Sorrow on Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:13 pm

Portal : First Slice is just the demo version of the game.
Sorrow
Veteran
Veteran

Postby vcool on Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:19 pm

I wonder what happened between VALVe and ATi :lol:
vcool
Veteran
Veteran

Postby thefilthelement on Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:56 pm

vcool wrote:I wonder what happened between VALVe and ATi :lol:

The official word is that they are "just friends" although Valve and ATi's marriage has been on the rocks for awhile now.
thefilthelement
Regular
Regular

Postby The Wanderer on Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:05 pm

Sorrow wrote:Portal : First Slice is just the demo version of the game.

yeah but u also get HL2:DM and Lost Coast with it (looks like the full versions). Thats a great deal imho.
The Wanderer

Postby ghost12332 on Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:38 pm

I unlocked it on my account. You get Peggle Extreme(Not deluxe version), HL2:DM, Lost Coast, and portal first slice. You cant give hl2:dm away either D:
ghost12332

Postby Ryder2394 on Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:39 pm

for once having a shitty computer gets me somewhere!! wait.. i have the orange box :cry:
Ryder2394
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Blink on Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:44 pm

Based on the face that nVidia are hosting content on Steam, and my game download required me to restart it 20 times to finish - they can put my balls in their mouth and fucking suck on them.
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby RC-1290 on Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:20 am

Blink wrote:Based on the face that nVidia are hosting content on Steam, and my game download required me to restart it 20 times to finish - they can put my balls in their mouth and fucking suck on them.

They will, but you only if you have SLI.
RC-1290
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby vcool on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:12 pm

Blink wrote:Based on the face that nVidia are hosting content on Steam, and my game download required me to restart it 20 times to finish - they can put my balls in their mouth and fucking suck on them.

So I wasn't the only one with the stupid download problems then :evil:

Neighborhood Forum Elitist
vcool
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Site News