Orion SDK Released

Comment on the news articles here.

Orion SDK Released

Postby ad_hominem on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:48 pm

The promising looking Source multiplayer mod Orion has just released it's Developer SDK to the public. Good news for anyone interested in mapping for the upcoming game, or just wanting to get to grips with the mechanics before the full mod is released.

We are releasing the Orion Developer SDK - Release 1 early! This is a compilation of assets and references of Orion. Level Designers can get their hands on it and start messing around and making community Orion maps! We will be announcing a Level Design Competition shortly after the Public release of the game.

The Release 1 of the SDK includes a handful of level textures, world objects, vehicles, trees, our detail objects and foliage, as well as .vmf references to show how we went about and created things for our levels.

These references include:
A.) Capture the Flag demonstration ( entities and more ).
B.) Door functionality.
C.) Keypad functionality.
D.) Structure design.

You can read more about the SDK, and the mod in general, at their ModDB page, or you can download the SDK directly.
ad_hominem
Monothetic
Monothetic

Re: Orion SDK Released

Postby cdxx on Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:14 am

so it's more of a ldk (level design kit) than an sdk. I already have valve's sdk =P

nonetheless looks pretty cool, reminds me of tribes a little.
cdxx
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Re: Orion SDK Released

Postby stoopdapoop on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:22 am

Played this for a bit, it was fun and looks like it holds promise. Praz seems to be getting alot done, and even though this open beta has issues, they really appear to be cutting through them for the public release.

When it's released I think many of you guys should try it out.
I'm Brown
stoopdapoop
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Site News