Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Announced - 'The Passing'

Comment on the news articles here.

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Announced - 'The Passing'

Postby Phott on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:01 am

Furling wrote:I probably fancy Parish above other campaigns simply because it's a nice change of scenery. I mean, only because it's a zombie apocalypse it's not like the sun will never rise.. yet most zombie themed maps tend to skip this fact and get right to the dark and scary simply couse it's easier to get the atmosphere right :P Dark Carnival is my second fav

What intrigues me about this new DLC is how will they end it. Obviously if all 8 survivors meet up, it would make sense for them to stick together. So will they get separated somehow? or will the old 4 survivors get permanently killed? Looking forward to finding that out :)

If all 8 will be playable, then that could get really interesting, they split up but help each other on the way by doing stuff, for example opening a gate the the other group cannot open.
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby krainert on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:19 am

Francis: "I hate reunions."

EDIT: Although it's not really a reunion.
krainert
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby MayheM on Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:59 pm

Phott wrote:
Furling wrote:I probably fancy Parish above other campaigns simply because it's a nice change of scenery. I mean, only because it's a zombie apocalypse it's not like the sun will never rise.. yet most zombie themed maps tend to skip this fact and get right to the dark and scary simply couse it's easier to get the atmosphere right :P Dark Carnival is my second fav

What intrigues me about this new DLC is how will they end it. Obviously if all 8 survivors meet up, it would make sense for them to stick together. So will they get separated somehow? or will the old 4 survivors get permanently killed? Looking forward to finding that out :)

If all 8 will be playable, then that could get really interesting, they split up but help each other on the way by doing stuff, for example opening a gate the the other group cannot open.

I was trying to figure out a way for that to happen with the original game. I wanted to have two teams of 4 and they split up and have to navigate the level but in different routs. along the way they have to work together to open areas to move forward. for the most part the gameplay would be the same since it would still be two teams of 4, however it would all change once you get to the finale. That would actually be where the teams meet up again and have a showdown with a mega finale. The working together part along the way could be a lot of fun, you could have one team in an over street walkway looking down and can see the other team and see they need help and have sniper rifles up there. Also have to set an explosive that breaks something to allow the other team to get through.

Anyway, if they change it so you can have 8 survivors i am making a campaign that is like that...
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Phott on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:30 pm

MayheM wrote:I was trying to figure out a way for that to happen with the original game. I wanted to have two teams of 4 and they split up and have to navigate the level but in different routs. along the way they have to work together to open areas to move forward. for the most part the gameplay would be the same since it would still be two teams of 4, however it would all change once you get to the finale. That would actually be where the teams meet up again and have a showdown with a mega finale. The working together part along the way could be a lot of fun, you could have one team in an over street walkway looking down and can see the other team and see they need help and have sniper rifles up there. Also have to set an explosive that breaks something to allow the other team to get through.

Anyway, if they change it so you can have 8 survivors i am making a campaign that is like that...

I really like this concept. :D
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby source-maps on Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:25 pm

what if one team dies ? :P
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Phott on Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:32 pm

source-maps wrote:what if one team dies ? :P

Well maybe some kind of trigger that opens up certain paths if one team dies.
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Surfa on Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:13 pm

Louis: Hey more black people
Francis: I hate
Louis: Don't even go there

But seriously it might be interesting seeing their reactions to each other.
Surfa
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:46 am

i'm looking forward to the new weaponry more than anything else, especially if the weaponry will be present in the currently existing campaigns.

I really feel that valve is doing this as a second apology for the shit storm L4D2 caused...it's like Valve feels guilty and they owe us something more.
"Day breaks, but decay soon follows." - Ava Winona
Currently developing in radio silence... 99 Bolts
Here's another project of mine... Assault on Overwatch
Are you new to Source SDK? VDC
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MaK on Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:28 am

joe_rogers_11155 wrote:I really feel that valve is doing this as a second apology for the shit storm L4D2 caused...it's like Valve feels guilty and they owe us something more.

Nah, they would do it anyway. Just like the L4D boycott group had really no impact at all on Valve.
MaK

Postby krainert on Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:47 am

Valve is a corporation, they do whatever makes them the most money. If anything else seems to be the case, it's because you believing that is profitable. Blame capitalism, get over it.

EDIT: Just to be clear, no offends to Valve.
krainert
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:55 am

Hey guys, quick question - is the image from this blog post possibly from the new campaign coming up? I dont remember an area like this right outside any safe room, so it might be a clever image leak...

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=3441
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby trcc on Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:49 am

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/screenshots/im ... 93_002.htm

There's more at the top left on this site
trcc
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:59 am

joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby kez.ini on Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:20 am

kez.ini
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby source-maps on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:56 am

here are all the vids so far >
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1146168

there is also going to be a golf club (no footage yet) and yes there is also going to be an m60 that gibs every zombie and its the special tier
Last edited by source-maps on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

PreviousNext

Return to Site News