City 17: Episode One Media Frenzy

Comment on the news articles here.

Re: City 17: Episode One Media Frenzy

Postby Armageddon on Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:38 am

trcc wrote:Nice lighting effects but all of this were shown in previous tech trailers?! I fail to see what new this trailer brings to the table tbh!

Seriously? First off you're seeing it in motion, second off everything looks like previous screenshots because it's C17, the most boring, repetitive place in the entire HL2 universe, at least they made it look pretty. :|
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Knights on Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:38 pm

So they remade ep1 to look crappier? :jingle: I see too much overblown HDR which I hate... The shotgun animations are pretty awful as well.
Random gallery... Knights_Stuff.
Home page --> http://www.knights.interlopers.net/
Knights
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby nub on Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:07 pm

I have to admit that I think the music choice was really unfitting for the trailer. As far as the editing goes, it's better than a lot of other mod trailers I've seen out there.

Anyway, it's looking amazing as always. I can't wait for it to come out.

@Shirik

Seriously dude?
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Shirik on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:02 pm

I'm so sorry
Shirik
Regular
Regular

Postby Jangalomph on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:37 pm

Beggars can't be choosers.
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Hollow on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:09 pm

I think this mod deinitely has some brilliant tech for the engine, and kudos to Mr. Two and the team for managing to implement all of it and to release it to the community.....but, It's nothing more than that, a tech demo. There isn't anything else that stands to reason to play it other than coo and dribble at fancy effects. Trailer was unusual as well, in terms of music choice, it didn't fit that well, but at least it was different to the typical over-the-top dramatic music.

I hope they use this new source code and apply all these effects to a worthwhile project with substance. They definitely have the talent for it.
Hollow
Ubisoft/Monothetic

Postby source-maps on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:46 pm

I thought the music was a fresh choice, maybe not super fitting but I like'd the contrast in music and footage
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Hellraz0r on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:03 am

hahaha fuck theres never pleasing you guys here at interlopers. "Oh nah musics not the one, ohhh shotgun animation is shit nah won't play it".

Pfft stop being so picky this looks like a well made mod and something to enjoy. Stop being fussy.
Hellraz0r
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby source-maps on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:13 am

Hellraz0r wrote:hahaha fuck theres never pleasing you guys here at interlopers. "Oh nah musics not the one, ohhh shotgun animation is shit nah won't play it".

Pfft stop being so picky this looks like a well made mod and something to enjoy. Stop being fussy.

if mod makers don't want criticism their moms should be their target audience
it's the internet, deal with it
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby darkpivot on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:09 am

I love the shotgun animation, and I thought the music was pretty nice. I'm really looking forward to this mod.
darkpivot
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Hollow on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:55 am

Hellraz0r wrote:hahaha fuck theres never pleasing you guys here at interlopers. "Oh nah musics not the one, ohhh shotgun animation is shit nah won't play it".

If you never get your work critiqued by a fresh pair of eyes i.e, the community, you'll never gauge how much progress you are making to achieving your goal or fine-tuning your skills. Be it, a solid release for a mod, a portfolio site or a chance to work at a studio.
Criticism helps. And sometimes letting people almost seemingly tear your treasured work apart is the best thing that can happen & definitely prepares you for gunning for an industry job, which any of the C17 team could land due to this mod.
Hollow
Ubisoft/Monothetic

Postby Gary on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:45 am

darkpivot wrote:I love the shotgun animation, and I thought the music was pretty nice. I'm really looking forward to this mod.

The music did feel out of place for such a mod, but a third through the video, I started to like it.

I like the shotgun animation, it's not how I reload a shotgun, but still, nothing wrong with it. Oh and I bet it's still better then CS:GO's shotgun animations.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Armageddon on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:50 am

So I guess you all hated the HL2 gameplay huh?
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:11 pm

Hollow wrote:I think this mod deinitely has some brilliant tech for the engine, and kudos to Mr. Two and the team for managing to implement all of it and to release it to the community.....but, It's nothing more than that, a tech demo. There isn't anything else that stands to reason to play it other than coo and dribble at fancy effects. Trailer was unusual as well, in terms of music choice, it didn't fit that well, but at least it was different to the typical over-the-top dramatic music.

I hope they use this new source code and apply all these effects to a worthwhile project with substance. They definitely have the talent for it.

I totally agree with pretty much everything you brought up. I know we haven't really shown anything else but mostly engine improvements, etc etc. I would like to state though that we are trying our darnest to make a quality HL2 mod in all aspects. We've been totally aware of HL2 being pretty stale gameplay wise for a while now, so we knew we would have to really kick things up a notch.
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby Hollow on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:55 pm

MrTwoVideoCards wrote:
Hollow wrote:I think this mod deinitely has some brilliant tech for the engine, and kudos to Mr. Two and the team for managing to implement all of it and to release it to the community.....but, It's nothing more than that, a tech demo. There isn't anything else that stands to reason to play it other than coo and dribble at fancy effects. Trailer was unusual as well, in terms of music choice, it didn't fit that well, but at least it was different to the typical over-the-top dramatic music.

I totally agree with pretty much everything you brought up. I know we haven't really shown anything else but mostly engine improvements, etc etc. I would like to state though that we are trying our darnest to make a quality HL2 mod in all aspects. We've been totally aware of HL2 being pretty stale gameplay wise for a while now, so we knew we would have to really kick things up a notch.

No that's totally cool. I will definitely play it and I'm sure you've made a lot of improvements to the dynamics of the half-life world and the action. But to answer Arma, It's nothing to do with 'i didn't enjoy Half life 2 gameplay', more like, It's 7 years old and it can drag a bit when you've played it oh so many times and need something fresh.

Anyway great tech and looking forward to future projects ;-)
Hollow
Ubisoft/Monothetic

PreviousNext

Return to Site News