Steam GreenLight Announced

Comment on the news articles here.

Re: Steam GreenLight Announced

Postby cheesemoo0 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:27 pm

It will be interesting to see how Steam Greenlight pans out. I expect everyone to thumbs up the mods and maybe Valve will put more mods.

Right now trying to sort through the crap to find anything interesting is taking more effort than it should, but I am sure Valve will improve on it. The curated collections are a decent start. (Thanks ad_hominem for adding Recruits to your collection!)
cheesemoo0
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby SM Sith Lord on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:37 pm

Did it always cost $100 to post your game on Greenlight?
SM Sith Lord
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Dives on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:38 pm

Nope. They recently added the $100 requirement to cut down on fake submissions. All of the money goes to Child's Play.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/04/steam ... childs-pl/
Dives
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby SM Sith Lord on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:50 pm

Guess I should have gotten in before the rush then. Only held off because I don't own the right to own my Source mod, but that doesn't seem to stop people from putting them on there.
SM Sith Lord
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby nub on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:07 am

I wonder if people who aren't exactly rolling in cash and just want to get their mod up on it could email valve asking for a free pass. I mean...I get the concept behind it, but $100? Damn...
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Gary on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:17 am

100usd sounds reasonable. For an Indie, I wouldn't think that's too much. Though, for a nonprofit mod team, I wouldn't consider it very reasonable... there must be cheaper methods to check a submission's validity...
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby source-maps on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:38 am

nub wrote:I wonder if people who aren't exactly rolling in cash and just want to get their mod up on it could email valve asking for a free pass. I mean...I get the concept behind it, but $100? Damn...

if you have a really cool mod you made with a bunch of people you could all chip in.. 100 dollar is peanuts man :roll:
I mean, if you see what some people are willing to spend on bullshit these days..
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Previous

Return to Site News