Valve got hacked... Again?

Comment on the news articles here.

Re: Valve got hacked... Again?

Postby nub on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Epifire wrote:People think to much that we some how own the right to push Valve around like we own the code or something (not saying you Nub but just the community in general). We have had a lot of exceptions and Valve has given us a lot of freedom in the passed, so I think it is ridiculous to think we deserve much else when they have already given so much.

To close what I was getting at, I have never thought we have the right to push Valve around and dictate how they handle their code. What I was referring to regarding the SDK was how it's been in a shoddy state for the longest time and Valve has neglected to release a proper patch to us. We don't want more accessibility to the code, we just want stability. It's not a lot to ask for, especially considering the community is the lifeblood of Valve's games. We keep Valve's games alive years after they've been released. I mean, Valve definitely play a part in keeping their games alive too (via patches and updates), but gamers and modders play a huge part in it as well

And the community knows Valve understand this, which is why the lack of support regarding the SDK has been a big issue all this time.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Valve got hacked... Again?

Postby Dman757 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:42 pm

SM Sith Lord wrote:However, it seems like you guys are intending to make NMRIH a standalone game when it comes to Steam? Is this correct? Because if it were standalone, you would (most likely) have the right to sell it and therefor it would fit with Valve's printed Greenlight requirements. It's just confusing that they say not to submit games that you don't have a right to sell in their terms, but tell you differently in person.

We just want steamworks for the distribution and perks it has to offer. Will remain a mod forever. Now if we decide to make a sequel that's something different but as a team a lot of us are tired of zombie games.
Dman757
Dumpling
Dumpling

Previous

Return to Site News