Steam Reviews now in beta

Comment on the news articles here.

Steam Reviews now in beta

Postby Blink on Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:43 pm

Today Valve have launched the beta of Steam reviews

Users considering a purchase on Steam may now browse reviews from friends and the community, leave comments on reviews, and indicate which reviews they found helpful.

Once a user has played a game or used a software title on Steam, they are able to write a review of that product and share their experience with everyone on Steam.

Steam Reviews is an evolution of the Recommendation system that has been a part of Steam since 2010. Over the past few years, Steam users have written over 7 million Recommendations of games and software to their friends. Those Recommendations have been upgraded to Steam Reviews. As such, users may now choose to make their past Recommendations visible as Reviews to everyone on Steam, if they wish, by visiting their list of Reviews and changing the settings accordingly.

Check out the Steam Reviews page for more.
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Re: Steam Reviews now in beta

Postby thefilthelement on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:51 pm

It took long enough, one would think that would have been added a long time ago.
thefilthelement
Regular
Regular

Postby source-maps on Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:44 pm

still a good thing tho, power to the users
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Armageddon on Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:55 pm

I hope they don't implement the numbering system.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby MaK on Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:36 pm

It says right there in the FAQ that they will Arma. If it works correctly I don't see it as a bad thing at all.
MaK

Postby nub on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:46 am

I've never liked ratings on games because it all comes down to the personal experience. I've personally enjoyed games that have a metacritic score of like 50, and disliked games that are in the 80s or 90s. But I think the fact that it's exclusively reviews by users is far better than how Metacritic does things. We won't have to worry about any bull shit paid-for 9/10 reviews by the likes of IGN on triple-A titles.

And hopefully Valve will actually let users FORMAT their reviews, unlike Metacritic, where user reviews are just a giant block of text with no double-spacing or paragraphing. Long, thorough user reviews are almost unbearable to read.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Site News