Belated merry Christmas but an early happy new year!

Comment on the news articles here.

Belated merry Christmas but an early happy new year!

Postby [Steve] on Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:10 pm

Seasonal greetings Interlopers! I hope you have all had a great Christmas.
There is a lot to catch up on as I have been unbelievably super busy the last few weeks and unfortunately fallen behind with posting news.
So here is a recap of everything that’s been happening just in case you have missed any of it.

Wraith-night

Dota 2’s Frostivus event was indeed cancelled but it was not replaced with the Greeviling. This year it was instead replaced with a new gamemode “Wraith-night”.
A great and prosperous time is guaranteed for the entire family with festivities like the Harvesting of Souls. The little ones will especially enjoy playing in the snow while our Great Leader watches over from his Altar.

Wraith-night is a survival holdout type mode where players must work together to fight off varying waves of creatures. This event has also seen Skeleton King replaced permanently with the Wraith King and the introduction of a new hero “Legion Commander”.

Click here for more details on Wraith-night.

Year of the Horse

Valve are inviting the community to submit art for their next Dota 2 event called “Year of the Horse”
“A new event is coming to Dota 2 at the end of January, and we are looking for submissions that draw on visual themes from the Chinese New Year, Chinese history, and springtime.”

It sounds like it will be an interesting event to design items for, I wonder what the event itself will entail?

Find out the full details including submission guidelines here.

The Winter Offensive

Counter Strike Global Offensive has received its Winter Offensive Update which brings a slew of additions.
A Gift package which comes in three different types:
“The Gift Package, which will give a random item to one random player in your match; the Pallet of Presents, which will give random items to up to nine people in your match; and the Audience Participation Parcel, which will give random items to up to 25 viewers watching your match.”

A Winter Offensive case that contains community made weapon finishes from the CS:GO workshop.
Two maps , the long awaited remake of Cobblestone and the new map Overpass.

Read the full details here.

CS:GO Blog

The Counter Strike Global Offensive blog posted a rather interesting article revealing some insight into the design process behind two of its new maps, the remake of de_cbble and its entirely new map called Overpass.
Players in the original de_cbble felt out of scale, as if they were in a “land of giants”. While the updated version is built on the same footprint, its scale has been carefully brought back to a more human level by the addition of realistic details, and breaking up large bare surfaces.

The new Overpass map looks fantastic and is another example that source is still producing some great looking maps despite its age.
The comparison shots of cobble show just how much the visual fidelity has increased from CS:S to CS:GO.

Click here to read the full blog post.

Steam machines shipped received and reviewed.

Valve’s Prototype devices have been with their lucky owners for a few weeks now. Unfortunately I didn’t receive one but there are plenty of pictures and videos online from people that did.
Reddit user Colbehr posted these pictures which show us in great detail exactly what the successful beta participants received and just how awesomely packaged and presented the steam machines came.

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Check out this article on Kotaku for more information including a pretty neat video.

Steam OS

Valve has also released a beta of their Steam OS for everyone to download and test.
We've been hard at work to deliver on our promise of a new kind of living room entertainment environment - one that is accessible, powerful and open.
In making the SteamOS Beta available to you, we're excited to take the next major step towards that goal.

For more information including download links click here.

Community Spotlight.

Oskmos has been working on this great hostage map for CS:GO called Insertion.
It is a stunning map that is oozing atmosphere, with a great well thought out layout that has come a long way since it was first revealed on the forums in early September.

ImageImageImage

Check out the thread here, and be sure to subscribe to the map on the CS:GO workshop.

There’s a lot of great maps in the works at the moment for CS:GO and I will try to more frequently feature some of the best on the front page.

Thanks for reading, and sorry for the massive delay in posting, I will try to resume my regular news posting schedule again and keep you more frequently up to date. Happy Holidays!
[Steve]
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Re: Belated merry Christmas but an early happy new year!

Postby trcc on Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:14 am

Happy new year! My wish for 2014 is to get some modding tools from Respawn Entertainment's Titanfall or an official Source 2 announcement :smt023 :smt023
trcc
Pheropod
Pheropod

Re: Belated merry Christmas but an early happy new year!

Postby Oskmos on Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:10 pm

Happy new year! :D And thanks for the kind words about my map :)
Oskmos
Regular
Regular

Return to Site News