De_Forest Released

Show off your finished maps, models and other creations. Screen shots are a must!

Postby Kev_Boy on Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:43 pm

Dryn wrote:Quite possibly the most original and greatest custom map I've played on. Fucking inspiring.

Uhm... I'm all for calling this a great map you know but it's not necessarily the most inspired thing in the world. Let's be honest here :)
Kev_Boy
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby CanMan on Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:35 pm

Wow, that looks amazing. I doubt I'd be able to get more then 5 FPS on it, but atleast then I get to stare at it some more.
Interlopers.net steam-chat
Come on in and ask all your level-design questions, or discuss games.
CanMan
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:09 pm

This map is the exact thing that Valve needs to do with their forest renditions! Fantastic work!
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby 1447 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:17 pm

Dude, Valve would have been proud of you. There's nothing else to say, this is one of the best maps I've ever seen. Haven't played it yet, but I must say, I'm looking forward to it.
Veteran
Veteran

Postby KILLA-COW on Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:19 pm

Kev_Boy wrote:
Dryn wrote:Quite possibly the most original and greatest custom map I've played on. Fucking inspiring.

Uhm... I'm all for calling this a great map you know but it's not necessarily the most inspired thing in the world. Let's be honest here :)

You're right, we need more maps of basic yet realistic recreations of the cardiovascular system. Inspire us people.
KILLA-COW
Veteran
Veteran

Postby marnamai on Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:23 pm

My yaw dropped on the floor, looking in awe at those screens ...
marnamai
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kubata on Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:40 pm

You've really outdone yourself...and you've also proven that the source engine is actually much more versatile in creating outdoor and expansive environments like this one!

I've been wanting to work more with nature in the source engine and I think this map is perfect inspiration, as well as getting it out there and saying "It can be done!" Wonderful job, definitely deserving of a spotlight.
"You can have all the cool effects and the latest technology, but if you don't nail that 30 seconds of fun, you're not gonna have a great game." - Jaime Griesemer
Kubata
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby CoDCriLL3 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:13 pm

Oh I came buckets over those screenshots, really sexy.
CoDCriLL3
Regular
Regular

Postby MercX on Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:02 am

KILLA-COW wrote:
Kev_Boy wrote:

You're right, we need more maps of basic yet realistic recreations of the cardiovascular system. Inspire us people.

haha nice. I'd forgotten about de_human.

This is inspiring. He managed to create a map with all the elements of a peaceful nature scene, made it look (amazingly) good, and did it in an fps friendly way. I have to say, the originality and execution are both stunning. By the way, I'm stealing that func_fishpool idea for future projects.
Age of Chivalry Dev Team.
MercX
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Sathor on Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:07 am

Yeah, I will use it to create my the Storm of the Flying Monkeys in some map ... :roll:
Sathor

Postby ampnetwork on Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:25 am

Seen this earlier on cs-maps pretty damn realistic probably good for posing ragdolls or fill the map with zombies for a bit of suspense but am not going to be able to play that much on this map(css) until i can buy a leet rig at january or december :?

also i have a FX 5500 so i might test it if it works with the crap before i replace it with a better card.

It inspire me a bit to cut the planning of the urban and indoor(military bases and damn underground maps,yeah my ideas are to dark) maps and make some forest themed maps in the future but that depends if my layout skills improve considering that i still x2 1 year(almost 2) wips to finish with the map on my sig layout 69% complete and the other 52%.
Inactive as of October 07 2011 / Last Development activity is Third Quarter of 2009

ampnetwork | sovietsteel
Gaming: Partially Inactive
Mapping: HIATUS
ampnetwork
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Kev_Boy on Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:53 am

KILLA-COW wrote:
Kev_Boy wrote:

Hahaha, you know we do! :lol:
Kev_Boy
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Mr. Happy on Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:24 am

WTF how
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Emazing on Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:26 am

Gorgeous.
Licensed to be awesome.
Emazing
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Hellraz0r on Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:27 am

You've inspired me mate, great work.

The map is amazing and you truly deserve the spotlight, I hope to map like you one day. Keep it up.
Hellraz0r
Pheropod
Pheropod

PreviousNext

Return to Showcase