De_Forest Released

Show off your finished maps, models and other creations. Screen shots are a must!

Postby oomomo on Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:31 am

wow i think a good benchmark on how good this map is that it won't run smoothly on my system hahaha! poor me
oomomo
Regular
Regular

Postby ampnetwork on Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:51 am

kikiuchimoji wrote:wow i think a good benchmark on how good this map is that it won't run smoothly on my system hahaha! poor me

I got 10>40 FPS with 6 Bots on this map on the following system specs and settings so if your system is lower that this then you should really upgrade on january(w00t QUAD CORE FTW).

Intel Pentium 4 2.26GHz(Northwood)
768MB RAM
Inno3D FX 5500 256MB DDR 128bit

CSS Settings:
DirectX Level:8
Resolution 800x600
Model Detail:High
Texture Detail:Medium
Shader:Low
Water Reflection:Simple reflection(thought you really can't see the water)
AA:None
AF:None
Color Correction:None(I don't know why this option is blacked out while you can change the HDR settings,wtf?)
HDR:None(Card doesn't support this)

----------------------------------------------

Also i already have an idea on what map should i do now the only thing i need is a layout and the texture sets(plus a card that supports HDR)

Also thank you brisck1 for allowing us to use your teh leet materials and i cannot forgot you name on the credits list and the easter egg(w00t),but i still need those nova prospekt textures for this map that am talking about cause that dream about the map layout of this map are haunting me(why is that guerilla just standing there?) :?
Inactive as of October 07 2011 / Last Development activity is Third Quarter of 2009

ampnetwork | sovietsteel
Gaming: Partially Inactive
Mapping: HIATUS
ampnetwork
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Shred on Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:04 am

Holy christ. I honestly thought I was Rambo. Like someone else said, playing this map is like playing a whole new game. I was actually scared to die because I was so immersed, scared to move.
When life gives you lemons make lemonade, take a piss in it, and serve it to the people that you hate.
Shred
Regular
Regular

Postby Kubata on Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:32 am

Yeah Shred said he thought it was Rambo but I said it reminded me of the movie "The Hunted".

Great map regardless. Because your vision is a bit distracted / blocked by all the foliage, it makes the map feel more tense...with all the ambience it's harder to hear the enemy, with all the foliage it's harder to see the enemy, it's definitely an interesting twist that works well.
"You can have all the cool effects and the latest technology, but if you don't nail that 30 seconds of fun, you're not gonna have a great game." - Jaime Griesemer
Kubata
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby hollowPOINT2007 on Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:56 pm

ooh when i get my new pc im installing css and downloading this.

looks like it should be made an official map or something
hollowPOINT2007

Postby Kaneth on Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:25 pm

quick post on this map.

admittedly I havent read all 5 pages of posts but firstly

Wonderful looking map

However optimisation is where its at now

Looking at a rock I get 30 fps...

I have a q6600 clocked at 3.6Ghz, overclocked 8800gtx and 4gb of pc6400 ram... so theres got to be something that can be done to improve things, but from an aestetic point of view its gorgeous.

(All settings on highest)
Kaneth
Regular
Regular

Postby Sathor on Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:57 pm

Seems something is wrong with your system, I get above 40 fps the whole time, even with a few bots. And my system has less power than yours.
Sathor

Postby Kaneth on Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:20 pm

settings my friend

all in game settings highest and all global settings highest also

G card control panel settings affect in game things too ;)

Kaneth
Regular
Regular

Postby Sathor on Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:28 pm

Then it is quite amazing you still get 30 fps. 30 fps is perfectly playable, as the eye will not notice the difference between 30 and 100 fps.

And I think it is perfect rubbish to play a map on settings like that, but that is just my opinion of course (I use highest ingame settings, apart from AA).
Sathor

Postby Kaneth on Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:39 pm

LOL

maybe between 60 and 100 but there is certainly a difference between 30 and 100

and I dont understand a perfect rubbish??!?
Kaneth
Regular
Regular

Postby Sathor on Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:58 pm

Nopes, as far as I know, there can't be a difference above 30 fps. Of course, the tolerance if the fps DROP is less. My source is the German wikipedia article about "Bildfrequenz" (image frequency, fps), which claims:

Das menschliche Auge verarbeitet ab ca. 18 Bilder pro Sekunde aufeinanderfolgende Bilder als bewegte Szene, weswegen die heute gebräuchliche Bildfrequenz bei Kinofilmen o.ä. bei 24, bei den älteren Stummfilmen dagegen bei 16 oder 18 Bildern pro Sekunde liegt.

In short: the human eye sees 18 frames per second as a fluid scene.
Movies use 24 frames per second.
I assume 30 fps and above will make no real difference - a CONSTANT 30 fps with no drop.

That was just my opinion, because I think in a multiplayer game, highest settings in graphics, if they turn out to slow the game, are rubbish. It would not look any less good if you tuned down the settings a bit.
Sathor

Postby MercX on Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:14 pm

Try playing instagib in UT at 30 fps and then 100, then come back here and tell me there's no difference.

Anyway, at low-ish settings this map runs great on mine. No significant lag or anything.
Age of Chivalry Dev Team.
MercX
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Kaneth on Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:22 pm

fps_max 18 here I come

Ive looked it up and am shocked to find out that my eyes are so crap.

Nah the map is playable in the highest settings, jus certain areas could have some optimisation applied to them as pointed out by my screenshot.
Kaneth
Regular
Regular

Postby Cardboard on Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:51 pm

Sathor wrote:Nopes, as far as I know, there can't be a difference above 30 fps. Of course, the tolerance if the fps DROP is less. My source is the German wikipedia article about "Bildfrequenz" (image frequency, fps), which claims:

Das menschliche Auge verarbeitet ab ca. 18 Bilder pro Sekunde aufeinanderfolgende Bilder als bewegte Szene, weswegen die heute gebräuchliche Bildfrequenz bei Kinofilmen o.ä. bei 24, bei den älteren Stummfilmen dagegen bei 16 oder 18 Bildern pro Sekunde liegt.

In short: the human eye sees 18 frames per second as a fluid scene.
Movies use 24 frames per second.
I assume 30 fps and above will make no real difference - a CONSTANT 30 fps with no drop.

That was just my opinion, because I think in a multiplayer game, highest settings in graphics, if they turn out to slow the game, are rubbish. It would not look any less good if you tuned down the settings a bit.

This is a common misconception. In reality it´s more complicated than that and percieving something as running smoothly requires several factors. It´s got to do with FPS, frequency and motion blur for example. Here´s a pretty good article on the whole matter:

http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frames_c ... ns_see.htm
Das schlimmste ist, wenn das Bier alle ist.
Cardboard
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Sathor on Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:51 am

Thank you, I am happy to learn of course.

But I think we can all agree the map runs very well while looking very nice *g*
Sathor

PreviousNext

Return to Showcase