[TF2] Cp_Factory

Reveal what you have made so far and get feedback on development.

[TF2] Cp_Factory

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:15 pm

This is a little map me and Mr. Happy have been making for quite some time now, and it's finally at a state where we can really show something worth showing. Currently it's based off a new Gameplay mode, but that's a secret for now. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Added Screens from the 27th of July update.

Last edited by MrTwoVideoCards on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Re: cp_Factory

Postby PhilE on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:30 pm

What is with the very small and overly sharpened screenshots? And honestly why is everyone so secretive around here with their projects, do you honestly think it matters that much?

As much as I like this community there is a serious problem with some of the user base.
PhilE
Regular
Regular

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:37 pm

It's called Antiliasing. And this isn't exactly the thread to post about your issue with community. I made these images this size, so I wouldn't stretch the Forum. Aside that, I'm secretive mainly because this is a new gameplay mode I would not like to reveal until we get some really hard playtesting. And yes I treat my projects with care, love, and seriousness. If you don't like it then gtfo.
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby PhilE on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:42 pm

Those screenshots are sharpened and you can link the larger images with thumbnails. What does revealing a gameplay mode have to do with hard playtesting? If you tell the community we can make suggestions based on a description and you can internally playtest giving us updates on the way.

Edit- you fixed the screenshots, thank you.
Last edited by PhilE on Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
PhilE
Regular
Regular

Postby Mr. Happy on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:44 pm

MrTwoVideoCards wrote:This is a little map me and Mr. Happy have SLOWLY been making for quite some time

:lol:

I make me laugh

:(

EDIT: We don't want some idiot to make a shitty dev textured map with horrible gameplay that uses the game mode before we release and turn people off from it. Also, I told MrTwo how to post screenshots properly and he's fixing it. I don't know what's up ur bum but liughten up and comment on the map.
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby PhilE on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:47 pm

Mr. Happy wrote:Also, I told MrTwo how to post screenshots properly and he's fixing it. I don't know what's up ur bum but liughten up and comment on the map.

It looks excellent but if you guys haven't done extensive playtesting on this new gameplay mode why does the map look so far along in these screenshots?
Last edited by PhilE on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhilE
Regular
Regular

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:48 pm

PhilE wrote:Those screenshots are sharpened and you can link the larger images with thumbnails. What does revealing a gameplay mode have to do with hard playtesting? If you tell the community we can make suggestions based on a description and you can internally playtest giving us updates on the way.

Secrecy is not what a community like this is about.

Edit- you fixed the screenshots, thank you.

I really honestly can't say, it's never the same as being in the map and playing it. I've invited quite a bunch of Lopers' to playtest with us though.

Aside that, these areas are fairly small, but also yes, very far along. Mainly due to how me and Happy argue about what looks better.
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby PhilE on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:58 pm

Mr. Happy wrote:EDIT: We don't want some idiot to make a shitty dev textured map with horrible gameplay that uses the game mode before we release and turn people off from it.

That logic doesn't make sense to me. The TF2 community will play quality maps even if awful ones with the same mode are released.

Anyway, it looks excellent and I hope it will play just as well. I look forward to seeing more progress.
PhilE
Regular
Regular

Postby Zipfinator on Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:03 pm

Looks great! Some of the displacements inside the tunnels looks a bit overdone, and in some spots the brushwork looks a bit rushed, but it's early in development. Is there Color Correction outside?
|Pipe Dream|City 17: Episode 1|
Zipfinator
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:05 pm

No, no color correction as of yet. Brushwork being rushed, lol. We've been so slow that rushing is something we maybe like to do now.
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby cypher543 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:12 pm

That logic doesn't make sense to me. The TF2 community will play quality maps even if awful ones with the same mode are released.

What doesn't make sense to me is why you're making such a big deal out of it. Let Mr. Happy and MrTwo do whatever they like. It's really none of your business how their development process operates.

All of that aside, the map looks fantastic. I don't play TF2, but if I did, I would certainly want to run around in this little gem of a map.
cypher543
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Zipfinator on Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:00 am

MrTwoVideoCards wrote:No, no color correction as of yet. Brushwork being rushed, lol. We've been so slow that rushing is something we maybe like to do now.

It was only in like 2 spots out of the entire post of screenshots, and it doesn't look bad I shouldn't have mentioned it :?

It looks like there's CC in that last picture! Did you edit the textures then? Something is different...
|Pipe Dream|City 17: Episode 1|
Zipfinator
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:28 am

It could be partly due to the camera being in the shade, and the HDR contrasting.
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby theblahman on Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:56 am

Those lights in the first shot are doing all kinds of awesome things to me :lol: :lol:

I think you may want to look at those rocks on the train tracks because the tracks go through the rocks. I'd suggest that you either have the rocks as a trim between the walls and the floor or no rocks at all.

Nice job, looking forward to playing it when it's released.
I design (v4.1 released 23/2) and Tweet.
theblahman
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Spas12 on Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:38 am

Looks excellent. The only things i dont like is that it looks too detailed, which doesnt look good in TF2. I would also lower the lightmaps of those walls in the first pic, they are too detailed as well. And add some detail to that roof, it shouldn't just be flat like that.

Looks great otherwise.
Past Treyarch Level Designer

Portfolio
Spas12
Veteran
Veteran

Next

Return to Under Construction