Interloper's Composers Index

Ambient sounds, game effects and music creation.

Interloper's Composers Index

Postby ghost12332 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:56 pm

After seeing the idea for the large index of video game composers, I figure why not do the same for all of the composers on Loper's? I know of a couple, but I'm anxious to see how many of us there are.

Reply with the following format and I'll add you to the list

Name(Real or Lopers)
Open For Work
Contact Info
Main Styles You Compose For
Biggest Influences
Misc. Description
Link to Portfolio if you have one

I'll start it off!
-----------------------------------------------------

Name: Ryan K A.K.A Ghost
Open for Work: Yes
Styles: Orchestral, Dark Ambient, Rock & Heavy Metal
Biggest Influences: Arch Enemy, Godsmack, Alice in Chains

I have been exposed to music for almost my entire life from when I started banging at my keyboard from 3, and have now been playing Piano for almost 10 years, Electric Bass for 3, Electric Guitar for 3, and various synths and orchestrals for around 2 years.

My main style of composing would have to be Orchestral Mock-Ups using East West Symphonic Orchestra, hands down the best orchestral plugin you'll ever find. My next style would be an electronica-dark ambiance blend using a super secret package of awesome VSTi's.

Portfolio: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?so ... 029&T=9027 (Approx. Half my songs are up. Just ask to see more.)

---------------------------------------------------

Name:Nubblecakes (Or Nub for short)

Open For Work:Not really open for work right now.

Styles:Electronica, Down Tempo, Break Beat

Influences:Metroid Prime series, The Rain Crow, Mirrors Edge, Half Life series

I started making music when I was about 13. I looked up Fruity Loops Studio when it was still in version 6, and I ended up catching on to the program quickly and learning one thing after another and soon I was able to make full songs. Since then I've been trying to improve my music daily.

Portfolio: Check my Myspace, or Acid Planet

----------------------------------------------------

Name: Daniel R ( Ankhsethamon )
Open for Work: No
Styles: Piano Improvisation
Biggest Influences: mmm.. none.

I started playing the piano when I was 12 years old.. ( well, the truth is that I started earlier, but nothing really official... at 12 I entered a school ) and studied for 5 or 6 years... Now I play by myself... ( no teaching, I mean)...

At the beginning, I started playing existing melodies and pieces, but now I like the improvisation. I started composing a couple of years ago, but I haven't write anything yet ( I have all in my head for now XD) ...

Portfolio: Sangre en las Teclas (sorry.. it's in spanish... ^^)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Name(Real or Lopers): Marek d'Fordewin

Open For Work: I suppose, doubt anyone would be interested though any way.

Contact Info: Email Steam Profile

Main Styles You Compose: Down-Tempo, Dark Electronica, Trip Hop (The British kind not the American kind), Acoustic/Folk, Experimental Music, Noise, Synthobient (Coined by AQi Fzono, a Japanese composer. The term really fits though), Progressive Rock and occasionally Synthpop, Trance, Blues and Metal. Heh, I like to fool around a lot with styles.

Biggest Influences: Bandwise it would have to be Covenant and Celldweller. Other wise it's usually Dystopian-related things like: Brave New World, Neuromancer, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, Children of Men, Avalon, etc. As well as philosophy, mythology, just anything really.

Misc. Description: Thought this would make a good first post, so hello
I've been composing for roughly four or so years, started playing guitar two years ago, bass not so long just bought a new fretless jazz bass a few months ago. I also play keyboards and sing.

Name: Jethro A.K.A Jister
Open for Work: 1/2
Styles: Orchestral, experimental, Rock, blues, jazz,...
Biggest Influences: Danny Elfman

Portfolio: http://www.myspace.com/elguapostuntteam and http://www.myspace.com/theelectrifyingbeefbrothers

not really portfolio's more band pages.

Name: Poisonic

Open For Work: Open for Work
Contact: My mail adres for contacting is Poisonic@@hotmai.com
Styles: electronica,trance,dance,harcore,terror,speedcore
influences: Jean Michael Jarre,Vangellis,u2,etc.....

For the dutch guys ho here http://poisonic.hyves.nl/
People from outside NL http://www.myspace.com/poisonicmusic

------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by ghost12332 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:54 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Ryder: i see ghost as a evil scientest who wants to kill everyone for the good of humanity
ghost12332

Re: Interloper's Composers Index

Postby nub on Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:59 am

Nubblecakes (Or Nub for short)

Not really open for work right now.

Contact me at nubblecakes@gmail.com

Electronica, Down Tempo, Break Beat

Metroid Prime series, The Rain Crow, Mirrors Edge, Half Life series

I started making music when I was about 13. I looked up Fruity Loops Studio when it was still in version 6, and I ended up catching on to the program quickly and learning one thing after another and soon I was able to make full songs. Since then I've been trying to improve my music daily.

Myspace, or Acid Planet
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ankhsethamon on Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:37 am

Name: Daniel R ( Ankhsethamon )
Open for Work: No
Styles: Piano Improvisation
Biggest Influences: mmm.. none.

I started playing the piano when I was 12 years old.. ( well, the truth is that I started earlier, but nothing really official... at 12 I entered a school ) and studied for 5 or 6 years... Now I play by myself... ( no teaching, I mean)...

At the beginning, I started playing existing melodies and pieces, but now I like the improvisation. I started composing a couple of years ago, but I haven't write anything yet ( I have all in my head for now XD) ...

Portfolio: Sangre en las Teclas (sorry.. it's in spanish... ^^)
ankhsethamon
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Acheron on Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:55 am

Name(Real or Lopers): Marek d'Fordewin

Open For Work: I suppose, doubt anyone would be interested though any way.

Contact Info: Email Steam Profile

Main Styles You Compose: Down-Tempo, Dark Electronica, Trip Hop (The British kind not the American kind), Acoustic/Folk, Experimental Music, Noise, Synthobient (Coined by AQi Fzono, a Japanese composer. The term really fits though), Progressive Rock and occasionally Synthpop, Trance, Blues and Metal. Heh, I like to fool around a lot with styles.

Biggest Influences: Bandwise it would have to be Covenant and Celldweller. Other wise it's usually Dystopian-related things like: Brave New World, Neuromancer, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, Children of Men, Avalon, etc. As well as philosophy, mythology, just anything really.

Misc. Description: Thought this would make a good first post, so hello :)
I've been composing for roughly four or so years, started playing guitar two years ago, bass not so long just bought a new fretless jazz bass a few months ago. I also play keyboards and sing.
Acheron
Regular
Regular

Postby jister on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:33 am

Name: Jethro A.K.A Jister
Open for Work: 1/2
Styles: Orchestral, experimental, Rock, blues, jazz,...
Biggest Influences: Danny Elfman

Portfolio: www.myspace.com/elguapostuntteam and www.myspace.com/theelectrifyingbeefbrothers

not really portfolio's more band pages.

jister
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby poisonic on Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:17 am

Hello my name is poisonic and is one of my musical alter ego's

Im open for work but i have a job too
My mail adres for contacting is Poisonic@@hotmai.com
Styles:electronica,trance,dance,harcore,terror,speedcore
influences:Jean Michael Jarre,Vangellis,u2,etc.....

For the dutch guys ho here http://poisonic.hyves.nl/
People from outside NL http://www.myspace.com/poisonicmusic
[img:400]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/poisonic.png[/img]
poisonic
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby ghost12332 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:52 pm

Wow guys, thanks for posting! This thread is always a pretty big success now.

Updated Original Post. If one of the mods could also sticky this, that would be great.
Ryder: i see ghost as a evil scientest who wants to kill everyone for the good of humanity
ghost12332

Postby Mess on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:59 pm

Name: Mess

Open For Work: If the project is attractive

Styles: I do all styles of music but mainly focus on Grime, Hip-Hop, Electro, Dubstep, DnB. Also do acoustic guitar music.

Influences: Gustavo Santaolalla, Jake Gosling, DJ Hazard, DJ Format, Cut Chemist

I am a professional songwriter/producer/remixer, working at Sticky Studios. Work with a broad spectrum of artists from acoustic singer-songwriters to world-famous rappers requiring beats. I work in Cubase.

Portfolio: Under construction
Mess
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Mess on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:12 am

finally sorted out my myspace, i've put a bunch of electro-pop backing tracks up because that's my current focus of work but you get the idea

www.myspace.com/adamcoltman
Mess
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Hollow on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:21 am

Brilliant thread idea!

Name: Arran Seaton
Open for Work: Not really right now!
Styles: hardcore punk, post metal, electro, ambient
Biggest Influences: Have Heart, Verse, Champion, NIN, Genghis Tron, BTBAM, No Made Sense, Johnny truant

Portfolio: I've been in lots of bands, mainly metal related

DEAD:
http://www.myspace.com/penancestarerocks
mad crazy band. basically a college idea. mix of thrash, death metal...but with a jazz drummer. Yeah. I did lead vocals. It was just a bit of fun, i know its a bit shit :P

Was in another hard rock/metal band called Pariah..very good musicians. It was like 4 years ago. We have a myspace, but no songs on there any more. But I might plan to re-record them, as they really were good.

CURRENT:

After I got tired of failing bands, I took up guitar and decided to make my own project. Called: The Hollow Night. Intended to be small. Have now ended up with an album finished instrumentally in demo form, but no vocals. Demos up on my page
http://www.myspace.com/thehollownightversion2
the production is far better, simply because it's done by me! :-D. I wouldn't decline the offer of someone doing vocals, if anyone's interested. PM me for that. No, seriously.

My other current project, soon to become band is The Last Premise. Just started this up. A progressive hardcore punk outfit. current demo's are all me but, i have found other musicians now! stay tuned for that!
http://www.myspace.com/thelastpremise

both these projects hopefully have the potential to go places, as I know guitarist of bristol metal band Evita,(http://www.myspace.com/evitaband who offered to forward my songs to their label Basick Records once vocals were done. They have just broke up but, he's a nice dude, I'm sure he hasn't lost the contacts :smt023

Also have a electro project going under The Hollow Night monikor. I will upload some of those tracks tomorrow.

Finally, I am contributing musical ideas to peegee's S.T.T.& R. mod concept, though I'm assuming this will remain under wraps till whenever the time comes!

OTHER INFO:

I can also do artwork if requested, but not for free anymore. got ripped off by a local band i did an EP layout for, so I have guide prices on my page. Also one of my designs was actually stolen by a small US deathcore band, no joke. Couldn't do anything as i was young and hadn't copywrited my work. They are shit, so who cares. See old stuff here:
http://www.myspace.com/epicartworks

I play guitar/bass/drums, have experience with MIDI/Keyboard programming and do vocals (of the harsh variety)
Equipment:
Artic White Vintage Les Paul copy
Legacy Bass (rubbish)
ESP guitar
Carillon MIDI keyboard
t.c. electronic Audio Interface
AKG c1000s condenser mic
Mic PopShield

Software:
REAPER workstation
Guitar Rig 3
Lots of random plugins

Cheers, and hope you find something of interest! :D
Hollow
Ubisoft/Monothetic

Postby Dr.Boo on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:31 pm

I'm probably going to ask someone to help me make some creepy / eerie music for Left 4 Dead 2. This list might be useful.
Can I suggest we actually sticky this thread?
Dr.Boo

Postby vasko on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:59 am

Name - Mark Wallbridge - Vasko the Pig
Open For Work - Yup
Contact Info - mark_wallbridge@hotmail.com
Main Styles You Compose For - Industrial - Drone - Ambient - Wall-of-sound-guitars
Biggest Influences - NIN, Orbital, Chemical Brothers, My Bloody Valentine, Curve, Aphex Twin.
Misc. Description - In bands for over twnety years, I started with the computrer music solo stuff five circa 2005, same time as Hammer... the music won ;)
Three solo EPs out on Fwonk.com net label
Plus one with Dean Garcia of Curve
Link to Portfolio if you have one
Vasko the Pig
Inkraktare
Viejos Hombres de Abejón
vaskothepig.com *under construction*
"They mostly come out at night, mostly"
vasko
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby stoopdapoop on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:17 am

now we need an "interlopers voice talent index"
I'm Brown
stoopdapoop
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Zipfinator on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:21 am

Vasko, I might actually need some of your music soon. I haven't listened to anything of yours but from what I've read it's great and if you're influenced by NIN then I'm sure I'll like it. I already have one composer for my mod but you could take a shot. Can always use more music.
|Pipe Dream|City 17: Episode 1|
Zipfinator
Veteran
Veteran

Postby vasko on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:14 am

Zipfinator wrote:Vasko, I might actually need some of your music soon. I haven't listened to anything of yours but from what I've read it's great and if you're influenced by NIN then I'm sure I'll like it. I already have one composer for my mod but you could take a shot. Can always use more music.

Sound good mate,
Just sling me an e-mail with details and I'll have a look :smt023
"They mostly come out at night, mostly"
vasko
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Next

Return to Audio