What I hate about the login

Comments & Suggestions about Interlopers.net

What I hate about the login

Postby Australian Bushman on Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:22 am

What I hate about the login is that it takes you back to board index.

Say if I was reading a thread and wanted to post a message then and there, but I have to login, then I end up going around in a circles logging in, then trying to find which forum the thread was in, then finally finding it (usually by starting all over again, ie; the front page) then finally having to type the message.

God damnit. Can't the login take me back to whatever page I was viewing before I decided to visit the login page? Hell, why not just have the login fields instead of the link to the login page?
Australian Bushman
Regular
Regular

Re: What I hate about the login

Postby vcool on Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:31 am

You can use the Post Reply button. It will prompt you to log in - type in your stuff - voila, it takes you to the new message form.

Neighborhood Forum Elitist
vcool
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jman on Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:35 am

What I hate about the going to the washroom is that it takes you away from the computer.

Say if I was taking a dump and wanted to update my facebook status then and there, but I have to poop, then I end up going around in a circles updating my status, then trying to find which room the toilet was in, then finally finding it (usually by starting all over again, ie; the fiber) then finally having to pinch a chalupa.

God damnit. Can't the toilet take me back to the computer I was viewing before I decided to visit the washroom? Hell, why not just have the toilet in the same room instead of the hallway to the washroom?
Jman
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dissonance on Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:54 am

bucket, baby wipes, trash can.
done deal.
i had fun once, and it was awful.
dissonance
Veteran
Veteran

Postby serpent666 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:59 am

if you knock down all the walls in your house, you wont have this issue.
serpent666
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby ankhsethamon on Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:22 am

Should be great to have the login fields just below the title banner, so you can login with out this issue, but I think you, for now, don't need to "end up going around in circles... " ( searching the topic again..) There're a few clever options:

1.- Use that really useful button in your web browser called BACK!!.. press it twice after the login, and you'll be where you wanted to be...

2.- Also you can just copy the URL of the thread before clicking the LogIn link... and go back to it when done..

right?
ankhsethamon
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby dissonance on Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:48 am

serpent666 wrote:if you knock down all the walls in your house, you wont have this issue.
"The Interlopers Help Desk - 'It doesn't make sense to us either, but it needs to be said' (TM)"
i had fun once, and it was awful.
dissonance
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Blink on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:26 am

Why don't you just login, and tick Remember Me and then you never have to login again...
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby 904 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:31 am

^ Except when you don't accept cookies, or delete them after every session.
(you could add an exception Interlopers though)
Design Section Moderator

Postby KILLA-COW on Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:14 am

KILLA-COW
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Megadude on Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:35 pm

Just login when you first get to the site, before browsing.
Wrathborne 711 wrote:OH MY GOD.........MEXICANS!

End of Humanity - beta version 3.0 released!
Megadude
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dionysos on Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:45 pm

Well, I sometimes log in, go to the board index, and then find that Im not logged in at all. But that might be something on my end... I would actually like a log in box instead of the Login link. Like on ubuntuforums.org for instance.

Edit:
dissonance wrote:
serpent666 wrote:if you knock down all the walls in your house, you wont have this issue.
"The Interlopers Help Desk - 'It doesn't make sense to us either, but it needs to be said' (TM)"

:lol:
The Venus Project wrote:The most valuable, untapped resource today is human ingenuity.
Dionysos

Postby ankhsethamon on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:00 pm

Conclusion: this is a layer eight problem... no doubt.
ankhsethamon
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Australian Bushman on Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:08 am

vcool wrote:You can use the Post Reply button. It will prompt you to log in - type in your stuff - voila, it takes you to the new message form.

But say I wanted to quote someone, like I'm quoting you now... there's no quote button before you login. Clicking post reply doesn't help either, even though I logged in, went back a few times, it still didn't think I was logged in and therefore show me the quote button.

So again, I had to go through the login page, back to the board index yada yada...
Australian Bushman
Regular
Regular

Postby vcool on Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:47 am

Australian Bushman wrote:
vcool wrote:You can use the Post Reply button. It will prompt you to log in - type in your stuff - voila, it takes you to the new message form.

But say I wanted to quote someone, like I'm quoting you now... there's no quote button before you login. Clicking post reply doesn't help either, even though I logged in, went back a few times, it still didn't think I was logged in and therefore show me the quote button.

So again, I had to go through the login page, back to the board index yada yada...

When you click "Post Reply" and you have the posting form, if you scroll down you'll see "TOPIC REVIEW:" and all the posts before the one you are about to make. Each one has a "Quote" button. ;)

I discovered this not long ago. :P

Neighborhood Forum Elitist
vcool
Veteran
Veteran

Next

Return to Feedback Corner