Poly Limit Challenge 1 - Spaceships

Test your creative modelling skills.

Moderator: RawMeat3000

Re: Poly Limit Challenge 1 - Spaceships

Postby RawMeat3000 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:08 pm

meshed wrote:Rawmeat a couple of posts ago you said that we could post multiple renders provided that it was in one image, right? Would this be alright o' mighty overseer of the models? :D

That is correct, sir. Your entry is accepted.

Somewhat unrelated, I think I also said everyone could use colored lights (e.g. blue and orange), but I'm not sure if I still want that. Seems a bit, inconsistent to forbid having an orange material on your model, but allowing an orange light.
RawMeat3000
Modelling Challenges Moderator

Postby TicTac on Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:21 am

You also said we had to submit greyscale images, so colour of any type wouldn't matter ;)
Competent Level Designer, 3D Artist.
I don't really look like my avatar
TicTac
Veteran
Veteran

Postby meshed on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:45 am

Thx Rawmeat.
delta_nl wrote:How many tris?

Its on the screenie i posted under my entry. It says '1000 faces selected' which in max-lingo means triangles. There must be a better way to show it but i'm not really sure how.
srredfire wrote:I was thinking about MAYBE entering, but then Meshed got up in this bitch, and I was like "Aw hell yeah that's fucking cool man" and stole the show. So now I'll take all the effort I was going to put into my model and put it into my vote for him, unless someone else comes along with something even cooler, which I doubt.

sorry srred. :( I hope i didn't come across as a complete douche. If its in any consolation, i'm not entering the next one, ive had enough comps for a while.
meshed
Regular
Regular

Postby srredfire on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:31 am

meshed wrote:Thx Rawmeat.
delta_nl wrote:How many tris?

Its on the screenie i posted under my entry. It says '1000 faces selected' which in max-lingo means triangles. There must be a better way to show it but i'm not really sure how.
srredfire wrote:I was thinking about MAYBE entering, but then Meshed got up in this bitch, and I was like "Aw hell yeah that's fucking cool man" and stole the show. So now I'll take all the effort I was going to put into my model and put it into my vote for him, unless someone else comes along with something even cooler, which I doubt.

sorry srred. :( I hope i didn't come across as a complete douche. If its in any consolation, i'm not entering the next one, ive had enough comps for a while.

Hell nah, not douchey at all. I was being sincere. That's a fuckin' sick model. Especially for the fact you made it look so nice within this limit.

I likes it a lot :3

Also, poop, are you going to make anything?
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Noodles on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:52 pm

952 :)
'English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havershambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary Rawlinson End.'
Noodles
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Dr. Delta on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:03 pm

Noodles wrote:Image

952 :)

Doesn't look like a spaceship. ;o
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dr. Delta on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:06 pm

Because I was asked nicely to change my awesome render into some sh¡tty greyscale garbage render. Here it is.

Ow, and check for comparison. The red ones are way more awesome.

Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby vcool on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:08 pm

It's from Doctor Who, one of the only Brit shows I am able enjoy. :P

'Tis called TARDIS (iirc) and it's more awesome than Death Star fused with SR1 Normandy, X-wings, Tie Fighters, and nuclear bombs.

Neighborhood Forum Elitist
vcool
Veteran
Veteran

You're Right :O

Postby Dr. Delta on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:18 pm

vcool wrote:It's from Doctor Who, one of the only Brit shows I am able enjoy. :P

'Tis called TARDIS (iirc) and it's more awesome than Death Star fused with SR1 Normandy, X-wings, Tie Fighters, and nuclear bombs.

You iz correct.

Wikipedia wrote:The TARDIS[1][2] en-us-TARDIS.ogg [ˈtɑː(r)dɪs] (help·info) (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space)[3] is a time machine and spacecraft in the British science fiction television programme Doctor Who.

Never seen that television programme . But nice you made the model then. @ Noodles :)
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dissonance on Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:54 am

Oh lawd, I lol'd.
i had fun once, and it was awful.
dissonance
Veteran
Veteran

Postby RawMeat3000 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:36 pm