Tutorials and outdated pictures

Comments & Suggestions about Interlopers.net

Tutorials and outdated pictures

Postby dewkl on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:46 am

Many of the tutorials under the tutorial section has pictures that have expired, usually from sites like "photobucket" or other time-limited sites; which i cannot grasp why anyone would use.

It would be nice if the authors were notified about their outdated tutorial, and maybe supplied with a mirror that can host these images without outdating after a short while. Right as it is now, there's tens of tutorials that are useless/worthless as explaining pictures are gone.

I appreciate the tutorials, it's nice of people putting a effort into helping others. Therefore it's also unfortunate when these efforts are rendered useless by terrible hosting sites.
dewkl
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Re: Tutorials and outdated pictures

Postby Blink on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:13 am

Are you looking in the right place?

All of our tutorials that are hosted in the Tutorials section have their images hosted on this site. The Submit Tutorials forum may be another matter, but then that is not supposed to be where you look for published tutorials.
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby Penney on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:47 am

I'll vouch that in the past atleast I've seen tut's with broken links to broken images :s though I can't point any specific ones out tonight :s
Penney

Postby Bema on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:32 pm

dewkl wrote:Many of the tutorials under the tutorial section has pictures that have expired, usually from sites like "photobucket" or other time-limited sites; which i cannot grasp why anyone would use.

It would be nice if the authors were notified about their outdated tutorial, and maybe supplied with a mirror that can host these images without outdating after a short while. Right as it is now, there's tens of tutorials that are useless/worthless as explaining pictures are gone.

I appreciate the tutorials, it's nice of people putting a effort into helping others. Therefore it's also unfortunate when these efforts are rendered useless by terrible hosting sites.

Could you provide the links to those tutorials? I've just clicked through about 15 random tuts (accross different categories) and didn't find any that weren't displaying images hosted on the Interlopers site.
Bema
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Blink on Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:07 pm

I am certain that I have never uploaded a tutorial that didn't have the images hosted from our own space. So yeah, as Bema said, some links would be very helpful.
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby BJk on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:44 pm

dewkl wrote:Many of the tutorials under the tutorial section has pictures that have expired, usually from sites like "photobucket" or other time-limited sites; which i cannot grasp why anyone would use.

Photobucket isn't time-limited, only activity or bandwidth limited. In all "missing" cases it is the users moving/deleting pics manually.
BJk
Regular
Regular

Postby Major Banter on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:56 pm

Or inactivity.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dewkl on Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:27 am

Completely forgot this thread. I was a bit ignorant on the photobucket thing, I have a grudge for expired images and bad hosts.

I was talking about the submit tutorials section on the forum. The site tutorials are great (and more expire-proof as you say), but I was looking for something specific that I couldn't find in the official section. When I went through 2-3 tutorials on the same subject where every crucial image was missing I got a bit annoyed. I've forgot what it was I looked for, I'll post them here if it should happen again. Sorry about the slow reply.
dewkl
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Mr. Happy on Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:06 am

Maybe you could try to follow the tutorials and once you know them inside and out you could rewrite them with new pix?
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Return to Feedback Corner