DarkSoul:Level Editor/3d Modeler/Texture artist

Interlopers Portfolio section.

Portfolio rating

3.82 out of 5 (11 ratings)

You must be registered and logged in to rate a portfolio!

DarkSoul:Level Editor/3d Modeler/Texture artist

Postby Dark soul on Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Name:Kamil "Dark Soul" Muszynski
Experience with: Photoshop,Flash,Source Hammer editor, 3ds Max,mudbox,UDK
Education: Currently working on my Game Art degree at the Art Institute of Schaumburg
Contacts: i2004ckyi@aol.com Steam: Dr.Cube
Looking for a job: Yes
About myself: I’ve always been an avid gamer and I’ve always wanted to bring the joy and happiness that games give me to other people. I’m a very dedicated person and always see my projects to the end. I have been on a few mod teams such as the AVP mod team and the Project Oblivion mod team. I’m always trying to improve myself and one day hope to work for a gaming company as a 3d modeler or a level designer.
Map editor: I’ve been using the Hammer editor for about 6 years now. I have experience in porting models and textures into the editor, Creating advance architectures and lighting. I understand how to optimize and use the various entities in the program.

Dark Carnival(Full Custom map):

Ve_ Provision:

Loss:

Winter Holiday:

Modeling: I have been modeling for a few years now. I'm also taking courses in 3d modeling, and have spent a lot of time on my own trying to teach myself to model. I am able to create models efficiently and unwrap them properly. I understand how to rig models and how to animate them. I am able to port models into the source engine and the udk. I understand how to create highpoly models in mubox or 3ds max and bake them down to a low poly.
Carnival models:

Golden Knuckle Pistol :

Bunny Prisoner

Fatty

Skyboxs

Update Jan 30th 2010: Added Night Crawler
Update Feb 09th 2010: Added Clone
Update March 03th 2010: Removed Chainsword/ Added Golden Knuckle Pistol
Update March 23th 2010: Added Female Base model
Update May 5th 2010: Added Fatty/Skyboxs
Update March 20th 2011: Removed female base / Bolter pistol/ Added Bunny Prisoner
Last edited by Dark soul on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:44 am, edited 6 times in total.
Dark soul
Regular
Regular

Re: DarkSoul:Level Editor/3d Modeler/Texture artist/Flash Artist

Postby Dark soul on Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:52 am

Update Jan 30th 2010: Added Night Crawler
Update Feb 09th 2010: Added Clone
Update March 03th 2010: Removed Chainsword/ Added Golden Knuckle Pistol

Come on guys at least post and give me some criticism so I know where to improve.
Dark soul
Regular
Regular

Postby Chopium on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:58 am

Nice lighting mang!
Chopium

Postby mrfranswa on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:29 pm

You should really stray away from photoshop only 2d art. Presenting only photoshop art conveys you don't have a background in figure modeling. The maps are ok. They are a little blocky, however they have good lighting, (which is good). Your modeling is by far the strongest area of your portfolio. You should cut that nightcrawler model, because I'm seeing your having a problem with anatomical correctness, (it's in the 2d figures too). The circus models are spot on. If I had any more advice it would be to stray away from box rooms and screen-shots of close textures. They really don't tell the viewer anything, and to focus a bit more on figure modeling. Believe it or not those clay figure model classes do help a LOT.

Oh, and make some demo reels. They aren't too hard.
mrfranswa
Regular
Regular

Re: DarkSoul:Level Editor/3d Modeler/Texture artist/Flash Ar

Postby Generalvivi on Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:44 pm

just got around to rating your portfolio. I think its actually pretty sweet. the screen that stands out the most to me is the carnival one you have with all the creepy stuff going on. you should def move that higher on your portfolio (same with the carnival model shots, i would move them up 2 pictures). I would remove the art/comic though, they take up a lot of space that could be used for other things (or at least thumbnail them).

- vivi
Generalvivi
Irrational Games

Postby [JFG]Propaganda on Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:47 pm

Generalvivi wrote:just got around to rating your portfolio. I think its actually pretty sweet. the screen that stands out the most to me is the carnival one you have with all the creepy stuff going on.

+1 on the carnival stuff, nice looking props.
[JFG]Propaganda
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Armageddon on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:51 pm

The lighting is absolutely amazing in the first 3 shots.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Re: DarkSoul:Level Editor/3d Modeler/Texture artist

Postby Dark soul on Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:45 am

Thanks for all the awesome suggestions you guys !

I added a female base model to show that I can in fact do human models if I try. :P It's just the reference image I used to make the Night Crawler model didn't have the correct proportions, but it was the best one I could find.
Dark soul
Regular
Regular

Return to Portfolios