The Interlopers Package V.2

Chat about various topics.

Re: The Interlopers Package V.2

Postby Noodles on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:20 am

1447 wrote:
MayheM wrote:So, I still have not seen the package.

Any ideas on when I should expect it? If memory servers me, Shed was sending it to me but that was some time ago (like months). Just trying to keep up with this thread...

You're correct, Srredfire said "I'll be sending it off today or tomorrow" exactly two months ago, on May 7th. I haven't heard from him since, but I've sent him two PM's, one a little less than a month ago, and one a few days ago. He hasn't replied to any of them, but only the one sent a few days ago is still in my Outbox, so he knows we're looking for him. He hasn't logged on since June 26th (almost two weeks ago), and I have no idea where he is or what he's doing. I'll try to email him, maybe I can get through to him that way.

He's been on Steam 'lopers chat almost permanently, if you want to contact him I'd suggest that.
'English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havershambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary Rawlinson End.'
Noodles
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby RefaelBA on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:27 pm

Noodles wrote:
1447 wrote:
MayheM wrote:So, I still have not seen the package.

Any ideas on when I should expect it? If memory servers me, Shed was sending it to me but that was some time ago (like months). Just trying to keep up with this thread...

You're correct, Srredfire said "I'll be sending it off today or tomorrow" exactly two months ago, on May 7th. I haven't heard from him since, but I've sent him two PM's, one a little less than a month ago, and one a few days ago. He hasn't replied to any of them, but only the one sent a few days ago is still in my Outbox, so he knows we're looking for him. He hasn't logged on since June 26th (almost two weeks ago), and I have no idea where he is or what he's doing. I'll try to email him, maybe I can get through to him that way.

He's been on Steam 'lopers chat almost permanently, if you want to contact him I'd suggest that.

Found him on Chat, he said the hammer was sent some two months ago... I asked him to check out 1447's PM's and he said he did. He sure was acting super-strange though. What's with 'lopers going crazy recently?

Well this doesn't look good... We might have another hammer MIA. I never knew how bad world mailing was until we started this thread.
RefaelBA

Postby Dionysos on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:47 pm

Wonder when oliilo1 gets it, I sent it a couple of days ago.
The Venus Project wrote:The most valuable, untapped resource today is human ingenuity.
Dionysos

Postby RefaelBA on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:30 pm

1447 wrote:
RefaelBA wrote:Hey 1447 did you recieve my pics?

Yes I did. I actually started writing a reply to you, but with my short attention span, I quickly ended up playing TF2, where I got a BSOD after an hour or so, and after that I forgot about it. About the images: In lack of a better word, they were awesome (especially that last one ;) ). But your avatar is kinda deceptive, I always imagined you with a long beard.

You're telling me about short attention spans? But hey I'm working on it :smt023
I'm glad you liked the photos, and just so you know, I usually don't take out my viking helmet and shiny armor (unless it's an emrgency), so why bother with the beard? :)
RefaelBA

Postby oliilo1 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Alright, got the package today. Will take a picture and send it asap, possibly on Monday.
oliilo1

Postby 904 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:33 pm

I did take some shots earlier this week, but making >10 hour workdays this week, I wasn't able to stop by the postoffice.

So I took an extra opportunity on my way home from work today to stop & take some selfportraits in a Dutch landscape (water, dikes & all flat land). I wanted to get at least a feel of that landscape, because in the end it's not only about who had the hammer, but also where it's been. It's nothing spectacular, but it's typical.

I'll just post one here, just for a glimpse, the rest will go to 1447 via PM, I'll mail the package to Penney in Nova Scotia after the weekend.
ImageStreetview location <- if you want to look around a bit.
Design Section Moderator

Postby Phott on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:06 pm

Looks like Sweden out here where I live!

Is it too late to sign up for this again?
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby 1447 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:07 am

Phott wrote:Is it too late to sign up for this again?

It's never too late. Just send me your name and address via PM and we'll take it from there.

904 wrote:I wanted to get at least a feel of that landscape, because in the end it's not only about who had the hammer, but also where it's been.

Yeah, I totally agree. It's not as fun now, seeing as this project now consists of five hammers instead of one, but still, when I received Refael's pictures, it was kinda fun to know that only a few weeks before those pictures we're taken, the hammer had been up in freezing Norway.

RefaelBA wrote:Found him on Chat, he said the hammer was sent some two months ago... I asked him to check out 1447's PM's and he said he did. He sure was acting super-strange though. What's with 'lopers going crazy recently?

Well this doesn't look good... We might have another hammer MIA. I never knew how bad world mailing was until we started this thread.

You say he was acting strange. The question is: Stranger than usual? I mean, it's srredfire we're talking about... But isn't there any way to find out what happened to the Package? Like go to the post office and say "hey, you lost my Package, fix plz" or something? I'm not familiar with the US postal system, if someone here is I'd be happy to hear about our options here. I mean, it didn't vanish into thin air... But in any case, we're prepared for this. This is why we have four hammers. We'll simply rearrange the itineraries, so that those 10 who we're supposed to receive it after Srred, will simply receive it from others instead. I'll have to look into that tomorrow, I'm too tired to even know how tired I am at the moment.
Veteran
Veteran

Postby coder0xff on Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:58 am

Tired from a long day, or tired from complications of this undertaken?
coder0xff
Veteran
Veteran

Postby 1447 on Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:01 am

coder0xff wrote:Tired from a long day, or tired from complications of this undertaken?

When I wrote my previous post, it was 6 a.m, and I had been awake for some 18 hours. So a long day would be the correct answer. I never really get tired of complicated projects, but this may be because I have an (un)fortunate tendency to spontaneously pause whatever I'm doing and start doing something else entirely. Like I said in another post, I have a rather short attention span. It took me a whole day to write this response, not because I didn't know what to write, but because I ended up playing TF2, watching a movie, watching the World Cup, and biking around the town for fun instead.
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Penney on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:21 am

at least you're in good spirits and enjoying life :D
Penney

Postby coder0xff on Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:03 am

1447 wrote:biking around the town for fun instead.

That's so adorable. :lol:
coder0xff
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Penney on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:12 pm

lol, I can't get over how close 904's local looks to mine :P
Penney

Postby 1447 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:36 pm

In today's news, a bizarre case of something this project has seen very little of, and that is luck. Yesteday I finally decided to get off my ass and PM GalantnostS and MrTwoVideoCards to get them to send me their pictures, as those were lost with the original Package. Today I woke up to Mr2's reply, where he said that he had found the original Package in perfect condition under some boxes. At first I was going to reply and say "I just need your pictures, do whatever you want with the Package", but then it hit me: We can use the original hammer to replace the one missing in action in California right now! It's perfect!

I will PM MayheM and tell him his new hammer is on the way.
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jike on Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:09 pm

that is incredawesome.

Cant wait for mine to arrive :D
-Jike
Jike
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion