James Bond 007: Blood Stone

Game discussion and other related chat.

Re: James Bond 007: Blood Stone

Postby no00dylan on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:51 pm

Comments like "this looks like crap" or "another shitty film movie" really piss me off, especially when one of our own is working on the game. I understand creative criticism, and this isn't it. We respect and support our people, if it's a studio released game or a simple map, we support our people, we're not Facepunch.
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Vilham on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:39 pm

Well woe, i hope the rumours are true that you are getting sold and not shut down.
Designer - Frontier Developments
Vilham
Frontier Developments

Postby Woe Kitten on Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:45 am

Not sure Vilham, it's all way above my pay grade in the lofty world of soul-less finance where that stuff get's worked out. For me I think my time with Bizarre is done either way and I'm really excited about moving on to bigger and better things.

Dylan cheers for leaping to my defence mate but don't worry about me: you don't survive long as a designer unless you have a hide thicker than a Challenger tanks ;)
Woe Kitten
BioWare

Postby ChopperDave on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:50 am

Sucks to hear man. At least you've got some solid XP under your belt. As others have said, I have no doubt you'll find work. The guys at mapcore could probably hook you up with a gig at Crytek UK.
ChopperDave
Rockstar San Diego

Postby Saxon on Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:23 am

Woe Kitten wrote:Dylan cheers for leaping to my defence

Oh yeah.. his name IS Dylan. All this time I've been reading it as "Noodly Dan". Damned dyslexia :F

If I were to give some honest feedback I think it looks like you guys did a great job visually for the world environments, though the gameplay looks a lot like a typical cover based shooter with some chase scenes thrown in. The models look well constructed, but are let down by some flat looking diffuse maps.
Regardless, I think it should be relatively easy for you to find a new job since you've had experience working on not only a commercial game title, but a major brand.
Saxon
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Vilham on Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:38 am

Woe Kitten wrote:Not sure Vilham, it's all way above my pay grade in the lofty world of soul-less finance where that stuff get's worked out. For me I think my time with Bizarre is done either way and I'm really excited about moving on to bigger and better things.

Where are you thinking of applying?
Designer - Frontier Developments
Vilham
Frontier Developments

Postby Woe Kitten on Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:42 pm

Anywhere (and potentially everywhere) that makes good games :)
Woe Kitten
BioWare

Previous

Return to Gaming Chat