Call of Duty: MW3

Game discussion and other related chat.

Re: Call of Duty: MW3

Postby nub on Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:54 pm

joe_rogers_11155 wrote:well i stand corrected but i think brush-based worlds just "feel" better. Crysis's world, although visually impressive, feels strange. Especially the indoor areas. There is a lack of detail that I can't put my finger on. Don't get me wrong, Crysis is clearly the stronger engine but something is off about it. Maybe I haven't played enough Crysis or Cryengine games to really get a good read on it.

You should definitely play Crysis 2 then. The level design was amazing in every area of the game. Even the indoor areas. The outdoor environments in the original Crysis were the most detailed I had seen in any game when it first released, though Skyrim might be the best at open world right now due to its immense size and the sheer amount of stuff that Obsidian fit in to it.

Anyway, I tried playing MW3. I got to the third or fourth mission I think but I put the controller down. I'm not saying the game is bad, but I'm just tired of the same formula, even if it's "perfected." The game has amazing set pieces and stuff, but the only time I was interested in the game was during the cut scenes that took control of my character, like when you're in the helicopter in the first mission and you get hit by a missile and almost fall out. They might as well have just made the entire campaign out of animated sequences like that. Instead it's more like a shooting gallery, then an animated sequence; rinse and repeat. I didn't play the whole campaign, so yeah, I more than likely missed a lot of things, but whatever...I just couldn't get in to it.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:19 pm

I keep wondering again and again how the next installment of Half-Life is going to compete with these modern shooters...what will Valve bring to the table to finally slaughter this "Call of Duty" infestation that has taken root since Ep2 was released???

I keep thinking that the only reason COD has managed to root itself so deeply is the lack of an Ep3 and that scares me
"Day breaks, but decay soon follows." - Ava Winona
Currently developing in radio silence... 99 Bolts
Here's another project of mine... Assault on Overwatch
Are you new to Source SDK? VDC
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dr. Delta on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:03 pm

joe_rogers_11155 wrote:I keep wondering again and again how the next installment of Half-Life is going to compete with these modern shooters...what will Valve bring to the table to finally slaughter this "Call of Duty" infestation that has taken root since Ep2 was released???

I keep thinking that the only reason COD has managed to root itself so deeply is the lack of an Ep3 and that scares me

CoD has managed to root itself so deep is because of marketing, superficial and easily accessible gameplay.

The half life series have an epic story and atmosphere, CoD has become Micheal Bay: The Game.
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:54 pm

so, its been a few months.........how many people here have switched from cod to bf3?
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Phott on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:01 pm

One word: Origin.

They should have stuck with Steam. Either way, both are pretty generic.
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Gary on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:45 am

Halo ftw

Anyways, just because there are bunch shooters out there, doesn't mean mw3 and bf3 are generic. Bf3 has stuff a lot of fpshooters don't have, like jets. And mw3... Well... It has stuff.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Phott on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:53 am

Gary wrote:Halo ftw

Anyways, just because there are bunch shooters out there, doesn't mean mw3 and bf3 are generic. Bf3 has stuff a lot of fpshooters don't have, like jets. And mw3... Well... It has stuff.

That's not what I'm saying. BF3 is generic because it doesn't bring much new to the table compared to the other Battlefield games, in which all of them also had flying vehicles.
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:41 pm

i really think some new game modes would have made bf3 more epic. rush and conquest can both get boring after a while.
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:51 pm

mariocarner wrote:When i'm free then I'll try to playing it.
Thanks for the links uploading

yeah its a real good game with a wonderfully engine for graphics processors. and i still can't believe that it's true that story of a woman who makes $975 on the internet. it's true that story of a grandmother who made $1375 on the internet!!

you should check it out http://www.bullshit-haxor-adbots.info.biz/clearly-i-am-making-fun-of-bots.htm
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby mariocarner on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:05 pm

Thanks for links i'm big fan of
Call Of Duty MW3 :)
mariocarner
Just Joined
Just Joined

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:47 pm

mariocarner wrote:Thanks for links i'm big fan of
Call Of Duty MW3 :)

OK, am I actually have a conversation with a bot? About a link that I just made up in order to parody said bot?
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MaK on Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:56 am

He's not a bot, he's just a big fan of MW3
MaK

Previous