[L4D2] Chernobyl

Reveal what you have made so far and get feedback on development.

Re: [L4D2] Chernobyl

Postby Hollow on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:48 pm

Gary wrote:I only wish it wasn't L4D2. As I don't own the game.

Gary I have a 50% off voucher if you would like. It would be £7.50 with the discount.
Hollow
Ubisoft/Monothetic

Postby Raistlin on Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:34 pm

Another sign of life of our huge project (click here to view the original size)
Visit Chernobyl on: Chernobyl-Mod.com | moddb.com | l4dmaps.com | l4dmods.com | interlopers.net | gaming-models.de | hlportal.de | Twitter | Youtube
Raistlin

Postby PhoeniX1992 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:06 pm

You can't ever have enough Chernobyl-themed games/maps. Love it. Keep it coming!
PhoeniX1992
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Fulcrum on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:49 pm

Can i recommend using non stock detail.vbsp Those forest sprites in the middle of the open map with fence don't fit in. Use of some uber low poly rock models along with sparse grass could take it a long way. Only problem would arise when they are in shadow but you could get round that.
Fulcrum

Postby Raistlin on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:44 pm

Hell yeah!

After some very cold weeks we are very excited to present you our new homepage! The new homepage is now available at chernobyl-l4d2.com and chernobyl-mod.com, also.
But that´s not all we´ve done, first ingame scenes coming to your screens, the Badlands Flythrough-Teaser.

In the past we got many positive feedback from you and we are very proud that it has so much approval. We hope we can build uppon your support in future also.
We hope that you like what you see, it will come many more like this!

Dasvidania!
The Chernobyl-Team
Visit Chernobyl on: Chernobyl-Mod.com | moddb.com | l4dmaps.com | l4dmods.com | interlopers.net | gaming-models.de | hlportal.de | Twitter | Youtube
Raistlin

Postby DonPunch on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:15 am

Badass video, who made that?

Your project looks legit, I wouldnt be surprized if this gets you somewhere.
DonPunch
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Fulcrum on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:09 am

Can i recommend some kind of cloud shadow overlay on the terrain to prehaps make the open spaces seem less barren.
Fulcrum

Postby Fuzyhead on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:47 pm

DonPunch wrote:Badass video

First of all, thanks for that.

DonPunch wrote:who made that?

I made the camera path itself (it's still a little... "edged"), Raistlin recorded the video and made the post editing.

Fulcrum wrote:an i recommend some kind of cloud shadow overlay on the terrain to prehaps make the open spaces seem less barren.

Hm, can't imagine how that works, but sounds interesting :D
Fuzyhead

Postby Raistlin on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:59 pm

Fuzyhead wrote:Hm, can't imagine how that works, but sounds interesting :D

I think he means something like this Creating detailed shadows using overlays in Half-Life 2

Only with clouds. (but I think detailed tree-shadows would be much cooler :D)
Raistlin

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:25 pm

Wow that is a very cool method of making foliage shadows. But I dont think this could really work for clouds because overlays can't move across the landscape the way that real cloud-made shadows move.
"Day breaks, but decay soon follows." - Ava Winona
Currently developing in radio silence... 99 Bolts
Here's another project of mine... Assault on Overwatch
Are you new to Source SDK? VDC
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Fulcrum on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:01 pm

If you make the texture scrolling they can move. The only problem you might find is when 2 displacements meet or when a brush face meets a displacement. Even if they are aligned then there would be no issue from it.
Fulcrum

Postby Gary on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:25 pm

They can't be received by models and might go through roofs/walls.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Raistlin on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:36 pm

Composing our own apocalypse

During the last months we´ve released a ship full of screenshots and renders, at least the Badlands-Teaser. But we did not have shown anything about our music. That´s why we very pleased to present you the main theme of Chernobyl.

It is a very fantastic theme, it will used in the campaign as the opening and in some other places maybe.
The track is composed by Evil-Dog who gave us his permission to use, thanks man!

More tracks will be done in the future like atmospheric ones, the credits-theme (which also sounds very awesome yet) and many, many other things.

Stay tuned for more!
Dasvidanya

The Chernobyl-Team
Raistlin

Postby Smurftyours on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:48 am

Great tune, also great work. I just feel as though the setting makes absolutely no sense, because in reality nobody lives near Chernobyl and therefore there would be no infected. The reason why Left for Dead even makes any sense at all (My opinion), is because it places the survivors in an area that would have crowds of people to get infected in. Last thing I would expect in a deserted nuclear wasteland would be infected peoples. It just doesn't add up. Anyways that's my two cents.
jangalomph wrote:Wise words from a wise man. ^
Smurftyours

Postby Corigami on Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:05 am

The exclusion zone is far from unpopulated. It is guarded and patrolled and has a fairly active tourist industry. It would still be unrealistic for this campaign to included hundreds and hundreds of infected, but no more so than the swamps of L4D2.
Corigami
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

PreviousNext

Return to Under Construction