Interlopers. game Server and donations.

Comments & Suggestions about Interlopers.net

Postby YokaI on Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:15 am

My ping is 140 min in euro servers so really dont mind (if its in the UK that is...)

My ping is very good, i dont understand why though :shock:

The fact is that any server will do for me, ping isnt all that matters, is it? its us being together as a comunity!

I could get a free server if i pull some strings like i did before. Though he would probably ask for something in return :s
YokaI
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Rick_D on Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:42 am

We'll all get around 140 - 150 if we are playing across the sea, tbh. And it isn't too great a ping for source imho.

Athlete, here's how we decide where the server will be:

Whichever continent donates the most money, gets to host the server.

Hopefully that will encourage people to fucking donate!

I'm happy to put in 5 quid to start (and see where we go from there).

I'd like it however, if Blink or yourself (someone trustworthy) would set up an interlopers pay-pal account that can be used to collate all the funds.

Let's get this moving, start with the PP account, next we'll look into server hosts.

ping isnt all that matters, is it? its us being together as a comunity!

You're right! But I wanna be able to kick your ass! <3
Rick_D
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Blink on Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:03 am

Can you pay for servers via PayPal?
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby Athlete{UK} on Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:22 am

Gabriel Logan wrote:We'll all get around 140 - 150 if we are playing across the sea, tbh. And it isn't too great a ping for source imho.

Athlete, here's how we decide where the server will be:

Whichever continent donates the most money, gets to host the server.

Hopefully that will encourage people to fucking donate!

I'm happy to put in 5 quid to start (and see where we go from there).

I'd like it however, if Blink or yourself (someone trustworthy) would set up an interlopers pay-pal account that can be used to collate all the funds.

Let's get this moving, start with the PP account, next we'll look into server hosts.

ping isnt all that matters, is it? its us being together as a comunity!

You're right! But I wanna be able to kick your ass! <3

Well i don't think locating a server like that is the best way to go. Anyway overseas a pink of around 90 to 120 is average which is a perfectly playable ping.

If we did end up with a server it would be up to Blink if and where he wanted to host it (and considering the vast majority of CS:S server are american i don't see why the Europeans users of lopers should be put out)

The point about community is a good one.
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby YokaI on Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:02 am

Athlete{UK} wrote:
Well i don't think locating a server like that is the best way to go. Anyway overseas a pink of around 90 to 120 is average which is a perfectly playable ping.

If we did end up with a server it would be up to Blink if and where he wanted to host it (and considering the vast majority of CS:S server are american i don't see why the Europeans users of lopers should be put out)

The point about community is a good one.

Thank you :wink: also: Yes blink, you can pay servers via Paypal!
YokaI
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Rick_D on Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:49 pm

Why should we have to give Blink even more work to do - if we sort it out amongst ourselves and simply get approval (aka blessing) for the server to wear the Interlopers tag it shouldn't really be a problem, no?

But whatever, as long as it gets done and doesn't just stop at this thread I don't have a problem at all, as long as I can donate some towards it - we need to be able to play all these custom maps somewhere!

On another note I'd prefer it if we got a company to host it, that way we have some hope of customer support and a retort if something goes tits up, as opposed to some guy just pulling the plug because he feels like it.

So, where do we go from here?
Rick_D
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Rick_D on Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:51 pm

Blink wrote:Can you pay for servers via PayPal?

As long as the Provider gets their money they don't care where it comes from. I have paid for a couple of servers using paypal; but if it isn't possible for whatever reason, then the paypal account can be transferred to a bank account and the holder of the account just uses their card.
Rick_D
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby YokaI on Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:51 pm

I could be dedicated to staying in the server, to try to get the server to peak. But i also live in the USA west coast so the times will be very different.
YokaI
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby ZenMunky on Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:08 pm

http://www.clanservers.com/

Free vent server (same number as server slots), ftp, 100 tickrate, For a 16 man server, its £33.80 debranded with 1GB map space storage.

Can heartily reccomend as its what my lot and S?U at the top of the ED prem use.

Also decent tech support.
ZenMunky
Pheropod
Pheropod

Location: Running From The Unicycling Giant Screaming Purple Bunnies of Doom...

Postby amckern on Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:26 pm

Just keep in mind the server must be in Australia, The UK or Asia - best for 3/4 of this sites members in regards to pings
NightFall Source Code - http://nightfallmod.com
amckern
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby wiggle987 on Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:58 pm

Remember folks though, it's still only on the maybe pile because let's face it, not many of you will donate even though you say you will.

When I get back into school in sept. I'm getting payed by the government to learn (god bless the ema system) and it should be enough cash to easily cover server costs, so that's a possibility.
wiggle987
Veteran
Veteran

Postby squid on Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:09 pm

Trying to get a gameserver for CS-maps, welcome to join, me casa su casa, Blink will have rcon and be able to load and test maps there.
squid

Postby Blink on Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:14 pm

Had a good game on the last one :-)
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby YokaI on Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:12 am

squid wrote:Trying to get a gameserver for CS-maps, welcome to join, me casa su casa, Blink will have rcon and be able to load and test maps there.

sounds interesting.
YokaI
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Previous

Return to Feedback Corner