[CS:GO] de_investment (WORKSHOP, Update 7 Sept)

Reveal what you have made so far and get feedback on development.

Re: [CS:GO] de_investment

Postby TheUglyIgloo on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:36 pm

Perhaps you should invest in more hammer skills? This map is a little blocky and under-detailed. Perhaps place more props, func_details, and better lighting. Overall, I'd rate it 3/7. I do like how the map avoids being too linear. The fact that the map is really open changes a lot.
Last edited by TheUglyIgloo on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheUglyIgloo
Banned

Postby shadowmancer471 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:47 pm

I was under the impression he was making sure the gameplay was solid and layout was final before really detailing it up.
Personally I think it looks beautiful, even at this stage (bar one or two odd textures)

perhaps you should invest more in hammer skills...doho sick burns
I want to get off Mr.Bones Wild Ride
shadowmancer471
Regular
Regular

Postby Sathor on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:14 pm

Hallo guys,

It has been a month now. I did not really work on the map during the entire months, because I needed a break AND I didn't have enough time.

A main problem: my spare time SHOULD be really reduced, I need to study a lot more. I really should :|

Anyway, I am picking up work on the map again. I hope the gameplay is solid now, because if I ever hope to get this map finished, the last playtest was the final playtest. I will now only add art to the map and detail it. Minor changes can be done later of course, whenever I can get a playtest version done.

I hope to be able to present some updates soon.

PS: I hate it that life is going on. I really want to turn back the clock by 3 years now, really :smt021
Sathor

Re: [CS:GO] de_investment (update 01/03/13)

Postby Sathor on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:27 pm

Hallo,

Just a small update. Progress is slow, but steady. I am creating the custom props needed for the map. At the same time, I am finishing the map with details - often with placeholders or quite rough, but that way I have a good overview which props and textures I will need.

Two screenshots of my work. The first screen shows the elevator doors model. This is a "high polygon" variant, which will be used to bake the ambient occlusion of a lower polygon variant later. It has all the details, like a serrated panel at the bottom. The other model is a glass panel with fittings, and the call button for the elevator.
Everything is WIP, I will play around with font sizes, transparency settings and so on.

The second screen shows a part of the atrium that I finally "finished" (that means I worked out how I want it to look). This changed (the right wall) in comparison to the last test version (171):

Questions and suggestions are of course welcome.
Sathor

Postby MaK on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:31 pm

Looks great Sathor, I like the elevator models. My only critique is in the second picture the vent looks out of place, as everything else is so bright and clean. Maybe you're not done, but a new texture (orange etc.) on the vent could be a good idea.
MaK

Postby Epifire on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:51 pm

MaK wrote:Looks great Sathor, I like the elevator models. My only critique is in the second picture the vent looks out of place, as everything else is so bright and clean. Maybe you're not done, but a new texture (orange etc.) on the vent could be a good idea.

I think as I recall a long time back he said he was replacing the vent models. My suggestion for rounded vents didn't go over well back during that discussion but yeah that was addressed.
Epifire

Postby srredfire on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:38 pm

Please make your map into an actual real life physical object, melt it down in a liquid, inject it into your penis, and ejaculate it into my mouth.

That means I like it a lot!
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sathor on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:13 pm

Playtest - 26th/27th January 2013

I want to play the current version of my map with a few fellow interlopers again this Saturday night! Schoft has already agreed on providing his server. Everyone is welcome to join us, as long as there are enough slots on the server.

This is a playtest, yes, but the map did not change very much from the last version we tested (171). Most changes are cosmetical, but I still want to see the map played, so I might take a few notes on what could be changed or needs to be improved. And I think the map is quite a bit of fun to play, so why not?

The time will be announced, but most likely it will be between 1-2 am on SUNDAY morning (EUROPE!). That is the early evening for all American players.

Download link and all other information will be supplied on Saturday.

It would be helpful if you announce your interested in participating in this thread.
Sathor

Re: [CS:GO] de_investment (playtest, Sat. 26th, night)

Postby MaK on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:15 pm

Another playtest yay! Can you specify what time zone for the time? I'm assuming UTC+1??
MaK

Re: [CS:GO] de_investment (playtest, Sat. 26th, night)

Postby Sathor on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:53 pm

INFORMATION

The test of the current version of de_investment will start at approximately 01:30 am CET, Sunday 27th. For an easy overview which time that is for you, check out the link below. Keep in mind that for U.S. players the test begins still on Saturday!

Event Time Announcer

DOWNLOAD
A download link will be provided approximately thirty minutes before the test starts.

SCREENSHOTS
Screenshots of the current version may be provided later.
Sathor

Re: [CS:GO] de_investment (test, Sun 1.30 am CET/Sa 19.30 ES

Postby Sathor on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:13 am

Since someone had the glourious idea to start some speed modelling for my map in the interlopers Steam chat the playtest will delay at least until 2 am CET, since I am still waiting for them guys to finish. Then I have to place the objects and compile the map. If you are interested to join the playtest, join the interlopers group chat!
Sathor

Postby Sathor on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:37 am

Download:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66424987/de_inv ... est181.rar

Get into chat for access to server. I shall post the IP etc once its up.
Sathor

Postby skoften on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:16 am

skoften
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Sathor on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:14 pm

Update 27th of January, 2013
Thanks to everyone who participated in the playtest last night! We played for almost three hours and were between 10 and 12 players.

Here are some screenshots of the status quo of the map:

Bombsite B

Sofa model made by Smurft and edited by myself (proportions).

Bombsite A

Office
Sculpture prop by vcool.

Terrorist spawn

Left hall
Sculpture (foreground) by Hollow.

Atrium

I will continue creating all the props and materials needed for the map. A short list of things I plan to work on over the next few days and weeks:
- carpet textures
- marble tile floor textures
- concrete wall textures
- custom vent props
- company logo (made by Mayhem) as 3d models
- new flat screen model with a movie (sequence of the company logo)
- new stair props to replace the placeholders
Sathor

Postby Sathor on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:43 am

Mayhem has been busy for me and provided a new version of the company logo, after I felt the round one would not really fit the map. I re-designed it a bit and Mayhem was so nice to provide a clear and cleaned up variant.

I made a first test with a 3D model of it:

Sathor

PreviousNext

Return to Under Construction