CS:GO newmap needs playtesting / feedback

Reveal what you have made so far and get feedback on development.

CS:GO newmap needs playtesting / feedback

Postby catfood on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:27 pm

I started building my new map two weeks ago and i allready did a lot of play testing, but this was only with bots.
Im looking for people who would like to help me out by playtesting the map and give feedback.
I stripped down one of my older maps de_snowcapped and started tweaking, i wanted to make a sequel to that map.
But after two days the map was completely different and you could not reconize de_snowcapped anymore.. while i was remaking the map i got tons of new ideas and decided to trow de_snowcapped over board and make a completely new map. Anyways here are some screenshots, let me know what you think!

- Catfood
Attachments
2012-09-09_00001.jpg
(178.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
2012-09-09_00004.jpg
(333.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet
2012-09-09_00002.jpg
(280.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
2012-09-09_00003.jpg
(285.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet
routes.jpg
(208.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
height_levels.jpg
(148.2 KiB) Not downloaded yet
overview.jpg
(104.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
catfood

Re: CS:GO newmap needs playtesting / feedback

Postby BubbleQ on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:43 pm

I like you architecture very much, almost gives me some quake vibbs :)

To me the green/yellow pathway between A site and B, is going to make the player move his mouse very much and that is something that could be dangerous as in that the player never choses it cuse it is a boring path.. though that is only from when I look at the overview, so I could be totaly wrong.

Anyway, as you live in Netherlands you really should talk to skoftn, he got an badass internet connection and have hosted some css servers on it in the past ;)
Last edited by BubbleQ on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------------------------------
I am a happy mapper!
Archlinux
BubbleQ
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby JRocketfingers on Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:05 pm

Hi Catfood,

I have to say on first sight, this looks really good. The dynamic looks very interesting, looks like an excellent blend between both long range and close quarters combat. I'm very curious as to how a game on this map would feel. So count me in! I'll add you on Steam, just let me know when you get enough guys together to have a decent match. :smt023
JRocketfingers
Just Joined
Just Joined

Postby Naticus on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:03 pm

Catfood,

Your layout looks fantastic!! It looks like you really took your time and concentrated on great gameplay. I'd love to participate in a playtest. I've got a CS:GO server so let me know if you need a place to host the play testing session.
Naticus
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby catfood on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:06 am

Thanks for the positive feedback guys!
BubbleQ i dont really know what you mean by players moving there mouse to much, it's a dangerous route to take but thats good because its an advantage point. if your in that corridor you can quickly move to A or B. I dont know if thats what you meant?
Sweet It would be great if the sever can be used to testplay this map, i dont think my internet connection is going to be happy when theres more than 3 guys playing the map :)
catfood

Postby Naticus on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:20 pm

Got a chance to playtest catfood's map today on my server and it was a lot of fun! The layout was beautifully complex and the encounter points made for some great action.

I would recommend significantly reducing the amount of playable area on the map and tighten up the routes. I think the area on the right side of the map with the train cars is fine for scenery but I would not let the players get over there. If it were me I would completely fence off the green area from your routes image. Also the other green area near T spawn seems unnecessary.

At times I found myself a little lost but I quickly figured out where I was. I think that after you start texturing and including more landmarks it will be easier to find your way. Looking forward to the next playtest!
Naticus
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby antie on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:29 pm

Great layout, I would have to agree with naticus that perhaps some parts are too wide / large, like the space underneath the two catwalks, or bombsite b, perhaps. The area with the trains should definitely be off access...

A few other little things like the window models should be breakable, and you should consider making the crates slightly smaller so that they can be peeked over. The route from CT spawn where you can go high, up the stairs, the crates beneath are literally just out of reach for jumping onto to break your fall. Maybe place more crates strategically like the massive one in the corner of B.
antie
Regular
Regular

Postby catfood on Sat May 25, 2013 11:31 am

Hello, since the last time i posted screenshots of my map in progress there has been a lot of changes.
We've done alot of playtesting with good results and a lot happend concerning the looks of the map.
Altough there were some long pauses in the development progress recently ive had a lot of free time to put in the map.
heres the result thus far.

here you can find the map on Steam workshop:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =147542232

and the map will run 24/7 on this server:
91.205.193.87:27015

let me know what you guys think

-catfood
Attachments
trainyard.jpg
(185.49 KiB) Not downloaded yet
bombspotA.jpg
(262.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
walkway.jpg
(199.81 KiB) Not downloaded yet
bombspotB.jpg
(155.41 KiB) Not downloaded yet
chokepointB.jpg
(267.22 KiB) Not downloaded yet
overview1.jpg
(267.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet
catfood

Postby Stormy on Sat May 25, 2013 8:38 pm

Looks very nice. Especially the external parts. Have you optimized at all? Areaportals and hint brushes and such?
Stormy
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby catfood on Sun May 26, 2013 7:58 pm

thank you, and no i havent optimized the map yet. i will do that near the end of the development process
catfood

Return to Under Construction