I'm out

Chat about various topics.

I'm out

Postby Stormy on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:51 pm

Quit mah jerb today. I have 30 grand in the bank. I am moving to Argentina in October. No bullshit.

I hope to keep modeling and modding but I have no idea what the next two years are going to be like. I thought for a while that I would quit and develop games fulltime but 30 grand in Australia won't last long enough, and I want to travel while there's wick to burn. So off to South America I go. Any lopers on that continent? I'll trade mass amounts of models for a couch to sleep on.

So like... seeyas later maybe, I dunno.
Stormy
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Re: I'm out

Postby Armageddon on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:10 am

Gosh dang. I'll have to make those frames on my own now. :P

Best of luck mate!
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Jangalomph on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:38 am

Kinda like me, I dropped out of uni yesterday. Just trying to devote my time to models and art.
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Jeeves on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:48 am

Jesus mate :shock: .How much sleep have you lost mulling this over?, lol.
Undue Punishment : 'An experimental FP Fighting game with stealth elements. ' -- TBD
Torn : 'A First Person RTS ' -- In Development as of 03/2014
Jeeves
Regular
Regular

Postby stoopdapoop on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:07 am

Jeeves wrote:Jesus mate :shock: .How much sleep have you lost mulling this over?, lol.

Right? holy shit.

Well good luck Stormy. Try to keep in contact :)

Why Argentina?
I'm Brown
stoopdapoop
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Epifire on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:19 am

Well I guess you'll be a bit closer to us Lopers in the US. Not sure why your moving all the way to Argentina but I know you have your reasons. Maybe I'll even be able to pitch in on a project if your able to get back into that kind of work in another two years. Hope your move over there goes well and that you achieve what your after in due time.
Epifire

Postby Stormy on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:37 am

Jeeves wrote:Jesus mate :shock: .How much sleep have you lost mulling this over?, lol.

Fuck all.

I had been planning to wait until this time next year before doing my big trip, but I can't last that long. I am bursting to go traveling, I can't wait any longer. Also no real reason I chose Argentina. I have wanted to learn spanish for a while now and I want to go to a place where english is not the official language so that's a part of it but mainly I just want to go to patagonia and see some fucking amazing shit. Taking just a month off to do that is never going to do it justice, so I'm going to see if I can carve out a living.

I was thinking of moving to Sweden or England too. Might do that after. THE WORLD IS MY OYSTER!
Stormy
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby srredfire on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:02 am

Ugh, no offense, but I would never live in South America. The crime rates and the poverty there is just horrible. So much horrible shit happens there. I hope you find a nice area to live, and not down in the streets where someone is going to put a knife in your back for being some punk-ass white kid.

Maybe if you tell them you're not American first it might save your life...
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jangalomph on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:38 am

Just go to Sweden. Leave the south american countries alone. You'll get killed.
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Gary on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:21 am

You're a cool guy, I hope things work out for you man.

Yeah, I really wouldn't recommend the south american countries... Sweden doesn't sound bad though.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Epifire on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:39 am

Pretty sure he's just going to Argentina so he can make that series, "Stormy's Dangerous Ventures"
Epifire

Postby Stormy on Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:39 am

Going to be tripping around the countryside mostly, the majority of the crime happens in the cities. I'm not really worried about it, I'm not going to be walking everywhere in a gucci suit with a big ass watch, I'll be donning the tried and true travelers rags.

Yeah it's a real possibility that I could get kidnapped, tortured, raped, killed etc. I can deal with it.
Stormy
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby vcool on Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:55 am

Make sure to learn tango. I wish I was good enough to go to the milongas in Buenos Aires.

Neighborhood Forum Elitist
vcool
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jangalomph on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:08 am

Well, if you die.. Thanks for teaching me to paint edges on models.
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby stoopdapoop on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:37 am

I think you guys are wimps. Most of South America isn't even that bad.

The further you get away from Central America, the better you are.
I'm Brown
stoopdapoop
Veteran
Veteran

Next

Return to General Discussion