C17 Dev Content Release

Show off your finished maps, models and other creations. Screen shots are a must!

C17 Dev Content Release

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:13 am

Hey guys! I am finally finally releasing all the c17 content that I said I'd try and release a while back. Unfortunately it's not the whole mod. This release doesn't contain any of the main content such as the sp maps or vmf's. However, it does contain a ton of shaders, particles, and materials associated to those effects! I understand this is pretty late in source's modding lifetime, but I hope people insane enough to still use source will find this helpful nonetheless.

I will try to answer any questions about the content inside the package in this thread, so ideally ask them here so others can see instead of pm'ing me.

DOWNLOADS:

CONTENTV2 -includes shaders, particles, and materials for both models and world stuff

MAPS -includes bsps and vmfs containing al the test content that ultiizes the various shaders and particle systems packaged in this release.

Note: If you plan to use these in a mod, go for it. I totally don't mind anyone using or modifiying my content in any way they see fit. Just please credit the c17 team if you do. If you plan to use any of the content in a licensed source engine game, please contact me privately. Otherwise I might call up obama and have him arrest u brah.

Note Note: I will post the hlsl stuff son, like the shaders we made not in the shader editor, but mostly everything can be done in the shader editor now, and it's easier that way.
Last edited by MrTwoVideoCards on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Re: C17 Dev Content Release

Postby HoliestCows on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:15 am

what if this happens after obama is no longer president?
HoliestCows
Regular
Regular

Postby Dr. Delta on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:28 am

My eternal .
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:30 am

HoliestCows wrote:what if this happens after obama is no longer president?

Obama will always be the president in my heart.
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby Armageddon on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:40 am

Thank you guys so much this is great.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:23 am

QUICK NOTE: source 2013 is currently broken when attempting to compile model and world shaders because valve dun goofed and forgot to ship the shader src I guess. Again. Will have to wait for volvo to fix that if you are working on source 2013.
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby Dr. Delta on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:40 am

MrTwoVideoCards wrote:QUICK NOTE: source 2013 is currently broken when attempting to compile model and world shaders because valve dun goofed and forgot to ship the shader src I guess. Again. Will have to wait for volvo to fix that if you are working on source 2013.

Yea no shit, *continues to cry*.

It seems I'm missing a bunch of models. Such as, "models/props_foliage/gear_tree_02.mdl" - Probably all models that aren't in 'props_cinematic', since that seems to be the only folder in 'models'.
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Armageddon on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:56 am

Also particles seems to bee a duplicate of the materials folder.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby SM Sith Lord on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:45 pm

Cool, I missed this C17 mod, I'll have to download it and give it a go. Looks perfectly HL2 themed. And kudos for releasing your resources! I've been trying to prepare a release of some of my projects' resources but it's taking me for EVER to package everything up nicely. :(
SM Sith Lord
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby marnamai on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:58 pm

could you make a tutorial on cinematic physics?

shame the maps aren't included, would have been cool if the mod would 've been released "as is"
marnamai
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jangalomph on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:55 pm

marnamai wrote:could you make a tutorial on cinematic physics?

shame the maps aren't included, would have been cool if the mod would 've been released "as is"

http://www.interlopers.net/tutorials/29040

Rayfire is pretty simple to use, then you just export it as an animation.
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby marnamai on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:25 pm

that tut is somewhat outdated, I can't get fragmentation to work
marnamai
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Armageddon wrote:Also particles seems to bee a duplicate of the materials folder.

Yeah, there is quite a lot of custom materials in there for fire, smoke, water and debris.

Dr. Delta wrote:
It seems I'm missing a bunch of models. Such as, "models/props_foliage/gear_tree_02.mdl" - Probably all models that aren't in 'props_cinematic', since that seems to be the only folder in 'models'.

You can input any tree model that you want for model_foliage shader. I'll update the content with the rest of the missing stuff I forgot though today.
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:34 pm

WHOOPS I realized I goofed and the particles are missing! Sorry guys. I am updating the content package right now with missing models and model materials as well. Check the op for the new download.
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby Botolf on Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:35 am

I'm still ponderously developing maps for HL2 (2013 SP atm), ears perked up at this. Much thanks, MrTwoVideoCards!
Botolf
Regular
Regular

Next

Return to Showcase