Anarchy Arcade (New Video & Free Game Giveaway)

Chat about various topics.

Anarchy Arcade (New Video & Free Game Giveaway)

Postby SM Sith Lord on Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:34 pm

Today I will be talking to you about all the excellent non-gaming uses of Anarchy Arcade, but first I have some big gaming news to announce about this Wednesday:

FREE GAME GIVEAWAY
I will be giving away FREE GAMES EVERY HOUR for the entire 24 hour LIVE Anarchy Arcade Kickstarter Marathon to take place this Wednesday, broadcast LIVE via Twitch.tv! Come join the fun, participate in the chat, get FREE games, and see Anarchy Arcade's prototype in action.

This is the prize bank. Every game you see in this arcade will be handed out during the LIVE 24 hour pledge drive. You'll notice there's more than 24 games here, that's because I have more games to give away than there are hours in the day! That means that this Video Day is going to be the biggest yet! It will have a special starting time of 12 midnight PST and run a full 24 hours until 12 midnight the following day! It's going down ALL DAY this Wednesday so bring a friend and let's have a blast!

Anarchy Arcade Twitch Channel:
Twitch.tv/AnarchyArcade

The Game List:
(Shout out to HaXoR and BuTTuRz for donating these games for the pledge drive!)
Blue Toad Murder Files: The Mysteries of Little Riddle, Bumbledore, Capsized, Crysis 2 - Maximum Edition, Dear Esther, Driftmoon, English Country Tune, Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~, Gunman Clive, Heli Heroes, Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising, Humanity Asset, Intrusion 2, Little Inferno, Major Mayhem, Medal Of Honor, Mirror's Edge, Mutant Storm Reloaded, N.P.P.D. RUSH - The milk of Ultraviolet, Oil Rush, Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, Shattered Haven, Supreme Commander, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, Thief: Gold, Thomas Was Alone, Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers, Shank, Shank 2, Takedown: Red Sabre, Velvet Assassin

Anarchy Arcade is MORE Than Just Games

In Anarchy Arcade you start off in a 3D representation of your personal computer. You see your pictures, your games, your files, and you can launch everything you see just like a 3D desktop. But that's just the beginning. From there you can venture out into a virtual 3D representation of the internet itself. The possibilities are limitless.

Explore the Web in VR!
Imagine if websites weren't pages, but 3D buildings you walk around in with your friends. Imagine if links were physical objects, and images were hung right on the wall in picture frames. Imagine if news articles and forum posts were housed in elaborate display cases and organized in a 3D world.

Anarchy Arcade makes ALL of this possible, and infinitely more. It unifies everything you do on your computer into a virtual 3D multiplayer world.

Facebook + Oculus Rift: Why Wait?
Recently Facebook purchased Oculus Rift for around $2 billion. One can assume that Facebook's next move is to create a 3D representation of Facebook that you can explore in VR. That's cool, except there's more to life than Facebook. Thankfully Anarchy Arcade here is to do things right.

Imagine a 3D photo gallery room that you can walk around, with your friends, in completely immersive VR while browsing your Facebook images. You can point things out to your friends, voice chat, use non-verbal communication via the Oculus Rift, and so much more.

Then you could all mosey on over to the Facebook Game Room and get some new animals for your Farmville or candies for you to Candy Crush, or what ever you do in those Facebook games.

Anarchy Arcade is so open-ended that it can be used to generate this type of 3D virtual reality representation for almost ANY website or service; not just Facebook.

Are You Ready To... Learn?
Last Wednesday the viewers of the weekly 24 Hour Kickstarter Marathon got their first taste of what it's like to LEARN while in Anarchy Arcade. Just before we moved into the Vietnam segment to play some Bad Company 2 and other war games of the era, we took a brief detour and watched some historical documentaries about the REAL Vietnam war and the men who served the country in it. Video documentaries, e-books, articles, news feeds, discussions, and even online quizzes can all find a place in Anarchy Arcade; for those who are so inclined. And it's all presented in such an immersive way that it can attract and keep the attention of you and your friends. To top it all off, it's actually fun & entertaining!

Imagine walking around a 3d representation of a historical battlefield that is filled with limitless information about what took place there. All of this is possible in Anarchy Arcade, and so much more! I actually learned modern physics through e-books, YouTube lectures, and course websites that I had placed in my personal arcade! You can imagine how fun "break time" was. :)

Socialize Over Great Distances
Do you have a friend or sibling that you used to hang out with, but is now a great distance away? Maybe even over-seas in a different country? With Anarchy Arcade you and your friend can be hanging out once again, watching movies, listening to music, sharing photos, and talking to each other all in an immersive 3D virtual world. Make use of Anarchy Arcade's excellent Oculus Rift support to take this virtual meetup to the next level and it will literally feel like you and your friend are standing together in the same room again. The perfect escape if your duty puts you in places you'd rather not be.

3D Multiplayer YouTube Channels
Do you subscribe to any YouTube channels? Maybe you run a channel yourself? With Anarchy Arcade you can turn your YouTube channels into 3D worlds where your subscribers all explore your content together in VR multiplayer. All YouTube channels are automatically compatible with Anarchy Arcade, but you can take it a step further by customizing your subscribers' VR experience. How cool would it be if right next to your review video of League of Legends, you had a working arcade cabinet for League of Legends so players could jump right from your VR YouTube channel directly into the game without ever breaking immersion? And then when they are done playing, they drop right back into your VR YouTube channel to find what's next. Remember that you are not limited only to games and videos. Absolutely anything can be used in your customized VR YouTube channel.

VR News Decks
Stay current with the latest breaking news like never before. Browse the top stories in VR with your friends. Show them what's important to you and discuss current events. Anarchy Arcade is primarily for entertainment, but can be used for so much more! The possibilities are endless.

Virtual... Health?
Working out isn't the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of a 3D desktop. However, you can use Anarchy Arcade to organize your workout routine, track your progress, and actually launch any personal training videos that you use. You could throw a chart on the wall where everybody lists their max bench press, or you could create your own easy-to-follow workout routines using diagrams and videos that you friends can do from home!

Music
Keep the party going with music from your private collection, streamed from internet radio, or music videos right off of YouTube. Anarchy Arcade lets you group your music together and share it with your friends in the most immersive way possible. The party never stops. You can even keep the music playing in the background as you launch your other games and programs. There's nothing like having the perfect music for the game you're about to play, and with Anarchy Arcade it's as easy as putting the CD next to the game cabinet. Rumors are that music is about to hit Steam in a big way, and when that happens, Anarchy Arcade is ready for it. Anarchy Arcade is so adaptive that it is compatible with services that are not even released yet.

Kickstarter has TWO WEEKS LEFT!
There are less than two weeks left for Anarchy Arcade to raise the funds needed to license itself and jump onto Steam full-force! Be sure to pledge, tell your friends to pledge, and make sure that everybody knows about the Kickstarter because Anarchy Arcade's statistics show that all it needs to succeed is for people to see it. The concept sells itself, so help me spread the word by telling your friends.

P.S.
Mapping for Anarchy Arcade gives you a ridiculous amount of freedom. Because of how the gameplay is, pretty much ANY map (large or small) can be the perfect fit to build an arcade on. Even a single room can be a hell of a lot of fun to use in Anarchy Arcade.

Because of this, you can focus on making the map pretty. A small non-playable portfolio scene could even be adapted to provide excellent gameplay in Anarchy Arcade.

If anybody is interested in learning how to map for this, just send me a PM. After the Kickstarter I will be able to compensate artists for piece work that they contribute to the project.
Last edited by SM Sith Lord on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.
SM Sith Lord
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Re: Kickstarter for Anarchy Arcade to launch this weekend!

Postby jimonions on Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:30 pm

OOOoooh this is incredibly tempting.
I have a few ideas I would love to make into maps but just don't fit into any gameplay. This is a great chance to bring them out. I've figured out a lot of the kinks in my past scenes and figure I can make something even prettier with much better framerates.
Unfortunately I am currently slightly busy with schoolwork, but that merely slows me down a bit.
II'll send you a pm.
jimonions
Regular
Regular

Postby LordDz on Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:33 pm

It's an intressting concept, I'll give you that.
Gonna download the mod and try it out now.
LordDz
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby SM Sith Lord on Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:44 pm

Hey guys, thanks for taking a look at it.

Kosire also pointed out a few things, so I updated the Kickstarter a little. The rewards are now different, I plainly state what the budget is for, and a few other small changes.

Also, so that the campaign ends on the day of the week that I want it to, the Kickstarter will go live TOMORROW! I'll post a topic with links when it goes live, but there's still time for me to make any last minute changes if you guys notice anything. Thanks!
SM Sith Lord
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Re: Anarchy Arcade (Greenlit for Steam) Kickstarter TODAY!

Postby SM Sith Lord on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:59 am

The Kickstart is LIVE now! Woo hoo! I just updated this topic instead of making a new one, so *shameless bump*.
SM Sith Lord
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby [Steve] on Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:41 pm

Hey SM Sith Lord, good luck with the kickstarter, Always thought this was a cool mod.
[Steve]
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby nub on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:23 am

jimonions wrote:OOOoooh this is incredibly tempting.
I have a few ideas I would love to make into maps but just don't fit into any gameplay. This is a great chance to bring them out. I've figured out a lot of the kinks in my past scenes and figure I can make something even prettier with much better framerates.

Shit if you can make something for this, people will have some seriously bad-ass looking arcades.

This almost makes me want to make a map myself. I haven't touched Hammer in over a year though...
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby SM Sith Lord on Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:57 am

Since you can use maps that were compiled for CSS or TF2, I actually have arcades built on most of my old CSS maps. :P

I can only assume other map authors would enjoy using their own maps as their 3D desktops too.

By the way, de_dust2 is my home...

My AK is under my pillow.

By the way, tier 1 on the Kickstarter has been adjusted based on some feedback from players.
SM Sith Lord
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby SM Sith Lord on Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:21 am

Here's a couple new videos of me testing VR updates. Just finished and uploaded the new build right now, I'll be writing a proper article and making a video for the update tomorrow.

Watching the RiftMax Tonight Show in VR

Anarchy Arcade Extended Multiplayer Gameplay in VR
SM Sith Lord
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Re: Anarchy Arcade (Kickstarting now!) VR Update

Postby DoxC on Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:29 am

What times do you stream??
DoxC

Postby SM Sith Lord on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:16 pm

All day long on Wednesdays, until I pass out from exhaustion. Usually starts around 4am PST. A lot of random games, with Anarchy Arcade and music in between.
SM Sith Lord
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby SM Sith Lord on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:41 pm

The stream is up at http://www.twitch.tv/AnarchyArcade and also http://www.anarcast.tv/SM_Sith_Lord

Will small intermissions at crashes and smoke breaks. (I'll dust off my computer next time lol)
SM Sith Lord
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Re: Anarchy Arcade (New Website & Emulator Support)

Postby SM Sith Lord on Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:41 pm

Some news about Anarchy Arcade, only the important stuff though. You can check out the Kickstarter if you want to read all the news. I figured nobody's interested in screenshot contests here. :D On the bottom is a short article about how emulators are handled in Anarchy Arcade.

"Anarchy Arcade is built to be mainstream. It is built for comfort. And it is built for YOU!"

The Anarchy Arcade website (www.AnarchyArcade.com) has been updated and now has a lot more information about what Anarchy Arcade is and how it works. It has a link to the Steam Community discussion where you can ask questions and talk to prototype users directly. It has a News page which is an archive of all updates spanning back over 3 years! It also has a Media page where you can watch gameplay videos of the prototype, reviews, and other stuff.

The final section of the new website is a Frequently Asked Questions page that answers a lot of the questions that new players have about the concept. If you don't understand what Anarchy Arcade is, how it works, or why it's unique, then you should take a look at the FAQ section because it's jam-packed with information.

I have some more news, but to keep things organized I will post them in a separate update. And once again, thank you to all of the early backers! We're entering the final 30 days of the Kickstarter so it's time to kick it into overdrive! Be sure to tell your friends and let's get Anarchy Arcade published!

Launching your emulator games is just as easy as launching your Steam games.

You probably already know that Anarchy Arcade supports emulators, but did you know that it can support ALL emulators? This is a great feature that isn't exactly obvious to new users so I'll take a moment to explain how it works here.

Much like Nvidia's own gaming device The Shield, Anarchy Arcade is compatible with any emulator that you are able to run on your system. This means that you don't have to learn some clunky new emulator just because you want to play your games from Anarchy Arcade. You are able to continue using the programs you know and love. This is possible because all of Anarchy Arcade is designed to be flexible and adapt to how YOU use your computer.

So, Anarchy Arcade doesn't come packaged with any emulation software. However, it IS able to integrate what ever emulator you already have installed and allow you to launch your games directly from the virtual world. This very useful automation is provided through addon scripts! These simple scripts tell Anarchy Arcade how to communicate with your favorite emulator and gets you into your games with a single click; no matter what the game runs in.

The fact that emulator support is provided through simple addon scripts means that, with the help of its own community, Anarchy Arcade is able to launch virtually any emulator you will ever want.

This is just one of the powerful & expandable features that provide you uniform access to your entire media collection. Steam games, emulator games, non-Steam games, movies, pictures, music, and all other types of shortcuts are launched the exact same way; walk up to its cabinet and click PLAY!
SM Sith Lord
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Re: Anarchy Arcade (New Video & Free Game Giveaway)

Postby SM Sith Lord on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:30 pm

Updated the topic with a new video and info about free games I'll be giving away next Wednesday to promote the Kickstarter.
SM Sith Lord
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Return to General Discussion