What's your favorite CSGO map to play on?

Chat about various topics.

What's your favorite CSGO map to play on?

Postby Teh Frog on Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:14 am

Just as the title says. I've been playing a hell of a lot of comp recently and I find de_mirage to be the best map out there for CSGO. It's literally the most balanced map I can think of. Both teams have equal opportunity to both take and defend bombsites without major hassle if the team is good enough. An intense match between two good teams can come down to a 15-15 match point with how balanced this map is. I absolutely adore every inch of it. What about you guys?
Contrary to popular belief, I am not actually a frog.
Teh Frog
Regular
Regular

Re: What's your favorite CSGO map to play on?

Postby vcool on Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:41 am

cache

Neighborhood Forum Elitist
vcool
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Teh Frog on Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:10 am

Nice. Any reason? Or do you just like it? lol
Teh Frog
Regular
Regular

Postby SotaPoika on Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:41 am

Cache, Mirage and Inferno are the ultimate best! Lots of nice smoke spots, lots of different tactics, lots of awesome.
* Portfolio: http://sp0n3.carbonmade.com/
* No More Room In Hell - Level Designer
* Zombie Panic! Source - Level Designer
SotaPoika
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Teh Frog on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:26 am

SotaPoika wrote:Cache, Mirage and Inferno are the ultimate best! Lots of nice smoke spots, lots of different tactics, lots of awesome.

I can't speak for cache having only played it twice, but definitely Inferno and Mirage! Each round can feel completely new because of the variation. Those maps never get stale! :)
Teh Frog
Regular
Regular

Postby vcool on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:47 am

Cache is good because you can play it a lot of different ways. I also like it because retakes aren't impossible, if you play just right you can defo clutch 1v2 or maybe even 1v3. It rewards your pure skill and isn't entirely reliant on positional advantage.

Nuke/Inferno/Mirage/Dust2 are all good maps though.

Neighborhood Forum Elitist
vcool
Veteran
Veteran

Postby [KIRBY] on Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:28 pm

pretty much everything that is not in holy trinity of Dust, Inferno and Nuke
I have been playing since 1.5 and I am SERIOUSLY tired of everyone playing these maps

current favorites would probably be Vertigo and Assault
[KIRBY]
Regular
Regular

Postby Teh Frog on Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:28 am

[KIRBY] wrote:pretty much everything that is not in holy trinity of Dust, Inferno and Nuke
I have been playing since 1.5 and I am SERIOUSLY tired of everyone playing these maps

current favorites would probably be Vertigo and Assault

How anyone ever could like Assault is beyond me. Same thing for Vertigo. Both of those maps are stand-off horseshit maps.
Teh Frog
Regular
Regular

Postby Smurftyours on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:59 am

Just because you don't like a map doesn't mean its bad!!!!
jangalomph wrote:Wise words from a wise man. ^
Smurftyours

Postby [KIRBY] on Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:42 am

current Assault version is great, perfect mix of "are we going to camp them out?" and "lets rush these assholes!".
it just feels "right" to play.

Vertigo on the other hand is one of my favorite maps from Condition Zero, it actually requires teamwork and its really FUN to play in competitive mode.

also I wish Valve finally ported Stadium
[KIRBY]
Regular
Regular

Postby Teh Frog on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:26 am

[KIRBY] wrote:current Assault version is great, perfect mix of "are we going to camp them out?" and "lets rush these assholes!".

This is SPECIFICALLY why I hate this map. And most cs_ maps in general. I HATE drawn out campy matches that last 5ever. The action, planning, and strategy of de_ maps is just much more exhilarating than "Lets just sit here in the corner and wait em out. Wake me up when the round is over."
Teh Frog
Regular
Regular

Postby [KIRBY] on Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:06 am

campy? how about you get out of the silver rank?
last two games on office I had were REALLY fast and relied on Terro controlling map as soon as possible
CTs on the other hand had to be really careful when clearing the rooms and some tactics were used, despite fact that only one of us had actual voice communication
[KIRBY]
Regular
Regular

Postby Teh Frog on Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:54 am

[KIRBY] wrote:campy? how about you get out of the silver rank?
last two games on office I had were REALLY fast and relied on Terro controlling map as soon as possible
CTs on the other hand had to be really careful when clearing the rooms and some tactics were used, despite fact that only one of us had actual voice communication

LOL! People play those maps on competitive seriously? Is that really a thing that happens? I thought that was only for those who can't handle the good de_ maps because they can't comprehend strategies.
As for my rank, I currently have two accounts ranked at Master Guardian II. One with 11 wins or so, the other with no more than 25. ;)
Teh Frog
Regular
Regular

Postby Xyos212 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:39 pm

Hostage rescue are a good change of pace but are not competitive. T's can often rotate around the map and camp hostie rescue leading to long drawn out games that are not meant to be played that way.

I am really enjoying Mirage, its an excellent map. I am not concerned with map balance as team swaps make up for anything unbalanced about CTvT, although Mirage is pretty even. Of course dust2, Nuke, Inferno, underpass actually is very goood now after all the changes too.
Avatar images are 130x130 - Please refer to the Forum Rules.
Xyos212
Regular
Regular

Postby DerpyBlade on Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:33 pm

When I play competitive (I play the least serious out of the group. Negev and Novas), I love Vertigo. I enjoy all of the little CO-OP spots that it has so that the Terrorist team is forced to work together and separate (dat ladder). Assault has been one of my favourite maps in Counter-Strike, ever since I played CS:S, It has quite a nice risk and reward of going into the vents and either been insta-AK'd in the face or managing to get into the top vent, if you manage to do that with a Nova or Negev, you have won. Mirage is okay as well.
DerpyBlade
Dumpling
Dumpling

Return to General Discussion