[CS:GO] de_binnenhof

Reveal what you have made so far and get feedback on development.

[CS:GO] de_binnenhof

Postby Dr. Delta on Fri May 09, 2014 11:23 am

For a while Sathor and I have been working on a new CS:GO map called de_binnenhof. The defusal map sets place in the 'Binnenhof', a collection of buildings constructed in the 13th century in the city of The Hague, where the Dutch parliament is seated. You can explore building and parts of its interiors on Streetview.

The CTs start at the Mauritshuis, and have to prevent the Ts from either blowing up the Torentje {A} (lit. small tower) or the building next to the Ridderzaal {B} (lit. hall of knights).

We're doing our best to re-create the location and its atmosphere well, but sensible regarding scale, flow and balance needed for a proper CS:GO map.

New play-test:
Today (July 2nd 2014) we'll be organizing another play-test at 19:30 CEST (international timetable). Download the map. You can you join around that time using the following console command to join our very own 14 slots CSGO server:
Code: Select all
connect 195.4.107.94:27015; password binnen

Progress:
We're currently in alpha-ish stage, so things are supposed to improve a lot. Stay tuned for updates!

In-game:

Models:
Last edited by Dr. Delta on Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Re: [CS:GO] de_binnenhof

Postby skoften on Fri May 09, 2014 11:47 am

cu in jail!

Nah, nice. Epic brushwork & nice models.
skoften
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Racktash on Fri May 09, 2014 2:46 pm

Looks very well so far -- I love the railings!
Racktash
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby Syphon on Sat May 10, 2014 6:49 am

Lookin' good!
Syphon
Regular
Regular

Postby Garrador on Sat May 10, 2014 4:38 pm

Looks like shit

-ton of work. Love the progress so far, will follow it!
You click on Build or type
make (or some equivalent), and you are astonished, then mortified, as you realize that the whole world is being
recompiled and relinked!
- Scott Meyers
Garrador
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ThePain on Sun May 11, 2014 12:35 am

A long time ago for the 1985 mod I was tasked with modeling the front of that building.

I know your pain you'll be experiencing later.
It's quite simple really. I want to be a professional level designer. I want this to be my job.
ThePain
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby RawMeat3000 on Sun May 11, 2014 2:44 am

If I played CG:GO I'd be super excited, but right now I'm just normal excited. Can't wait to see this!
RawMeat3000
Modelling Challenges Moderator

Postby Dr. Delta on Sun May 11, 2014 4:01 pm

ThePain wrote:A long time ago for the 1985 mod I was tasked with modeling the front of that building.

I know your pain you'll be experiencing later.

Hah, cool to see! Did you ever finish it?

RawMeat3000 wrote:If I played CG:GO I'd be super excited, but right now I'm just normal excited. Can't wait to see this!

:-D
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sathor on Sun May 18, 2014 6:55 am

Playtest announcement:

We are planning a playtest for today, the 18th, at 23:00 CEST. We will be using our own server with 14 slots. Details and download follow later.
Sathor

[CS:GO] de_binnenhof | Update #1

Postby Dr. Delta on Sun May 18, 2014 4:34 pm

The previous play-test proved very useful, and we have improved upon a lot of the feedback we received, thanks again for that!

New play-test:
Today (May 18th 2014) we're organizing another play-test at 23:00 CEST (international timetable). Download and unpack the following file containing the map files into your CSGO directory. You can you join around that time using the following console command to join our very own 14 slots CSGO server:
connect 195.4.107.94:27015; password Qnr83X71y64I

Changes:
Changed route to A, making it easier and more 'CS-like'.

Added a brush version of the 'Mauritshuis'.

Made the stairs-route to A more clear, and changed something in the cover in this middle area.

The unnatural slanted stairs have been replaced with vertical only stairs, another layer of scaffolding is added, moving the stairs from the window away somewhere better fitted. The play area is now surrounded with railing so you can't easily fall off. The water now kills.

Roof mounted stairs allow the CTs to go onto the terrace where Ts can come from. The Ts have normal stairs, while the CTs have to climb a ladder.

The T spawn is lowered to prevent unwanted camping (and sniping B). Clips are improved.

More clear routes to A via scaffolding outside, and stairs to roof above A.

Scaffolding outside A is made more simple, some windows are blocked to provide cover.

One of the two exits of the CT B route is blocked, because it made the route unsafe (no cover), and additional scaffolding is added to allow CTs to go to B easily and safe (since it's far away).

Route to B is blocked because it made the different routes too complex, there's only the entrance at the back now left, which leads to B.

Complex room is made into a simpler and easier to navigate route to B.

Current area has 2 entrances (stairs from bridge, and door from middle courtyard), making it easier.

Left window on B is blocked to give Ts more cover, which was something that they didn't have enough on the previous version.

Route to the bridge scaffolding is simplified and nicer to navigate. You can now get on top of the car with a ladder instead of jumping on a bunch of things. Cover on the bridge windows is changed, right window now has less cover while the left one is boarded with wood.
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby wereMole on Sun May 18, 2014 6:51 pm

Vette shit. Does it have a Wilders painting texture somewhere to shoot?
wereMole
Regular
Regular

Postby Dr. Delta on Sun May 18, 2014 7:13 pm

wereMole wrote:Vette shit. Does it have a Wilders painting texture somewhere to shoot?

Iconic contemporary politicians will probably find their way into this one way or another, but that will probably be once we really start polishing this ;-)
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Knights on Sun May 18, 2014 7:39 pm

Looks great, just don't allow there to be a water hazard in the level. I've seen a lot of maps that are really good it makes no sense at all, you fall in and die? :? Isn't it fun using google maps? :-D
Random gallery... Knights_Stuff.
Home page --> http://www.knights.interlopers.net/
Knights
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Dr. Delta on Sun May 18, 2014 8:11 pm

Knights wrote:Looks great, just don't allow there to be a water hazard in the level. I've seen a lot of maps that are really good it makes no sense at all, you fall in and die? :? Isn't it fun using google maps? :-D

Sure is fun to use google maps. :smt023 We would probably rather also have water that doesn't kill, but it would allow people to camp in the water and/or it would be difficult to get back up, so for now we've decided to have hazard water, similar to other CSGO maps, but we might change that. Maybe.
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dr. Delta on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:13 am

Update #2 - 02/07/2014
We've been silent for a little while (Sathor got married! :D ), but we're happy to post our latest update and playtest!

Previous play-tests proved useful, and once again based on the feedback we've decided to change things, this time however, a little more drastic than you might expect. We've changed bombsite B, entirely.

Here's a small list of our changes:

• Moved B
  • New scaffolding at B, allows CTs to quickly enter and secure B
  • New T spawn, better readability and timing
  • New "stairway" from T spawn to "terrace", "hallway" and "courtyard"
  • New route from "stairway" to "hallway", reduces corner peeking/sniping
  • Redesigned routes to new B
  • Removed scaffolding/areas/routes, due to new B
  • Removed ladder from CT roof to T roof

This update also includes several custom props, including a fence and windows.

New play-test:
Today (Juli 2nd 2014) we'll be organizing another play-test at 19:30 CEST (international timetable). Download the map. You can you join around that time using the following console command to join our very own 14 slots CSGO server:
Code: Select all
connect 195.4.107.94:27015; password binnen

Changes:
Added custom models (windows, fence) and updated some of the aesthetics.

Changed the cover in the "courtyard", and updated the map visually.

The new B, one of the entrances via "courtyard" via the scaffolding.

The new T spawn, moved slightly back into the building. Better timing.

New route for Ts to go to either A or B. Up the stairs go to "terrace", down the stairs go to "courtyard" and "hallways", down the hall is "bridge" which goes to the new B.

The new B, outside the window is scaffolding. B has 3 entrances, one behind you (see next picture), one from the left and one through the window.

A small room behind the new B, with some peeking windows.

Updated entrance/exit for T "stairwell" to "courtyard", route to "hallways" is also changed.

Left the old overview, right the new.

Some custom windows models in-game

Showing the current modular set up of some window models.
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Next

Return to Under Construction