Relevant Qualifications: BSc (Hons) Games Computing 2:1 (University of Lincoln)
Looking for mod work: Yes
Looking for paid work: No
email: grantrjsykes[ at ]googlemail[ dot ]com
or PM me via Interlopers
Artistic skillset and knowledge:
- Texture creation in Photoshop for both models and maps, including diffuse, specular, and normal maps.
- Model creation in 3DS Max including UVW unwrapping, optimization, and rendering.
- Level Design and creation in the Source Engine level editor 'Hammer', including advanced architecture, lighting, and prop placement.
- Asset creation and compilation for the Source Engine, including creating and importing working models and textures from Photoshop and 3DS Max into Source.
- Experience of character design and modelling from concept to finished asset, including rigging, skinning, texturing, and animation.
- Understanding of the relevant maths and physics used in games engines.
Software skillset and knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience of core programming concepts such as Object Orientation, control structures, data types, and key software engineering methodologies.
- 1 Year's Experience of C#
- 18 months Experience of SQL
- 2 Year's Experience of Visual Studio
- 3 Months experience of SQL Server Management Studio
- 3 Months experience designing and implementing relational databases.
- 2 years experience of HTML, CSS, XHTML and web standards
- Some experience of Java, C++, and programming with TCP/IP/Multicasting functionality.
- Experience of developing games software for mobile phones.
Examples of my work:
Character Concept Art