Hey all. I'm starting my own portfolio thread in the hopes of getting feedback from the pros. I'm a fresh LD student soon out of Campus Ubisoft. I'm still a fairly new mapper so feel free to comment and give suggestions. I have to say, it's a little intimidating to see all these beautiful levels you guys are making. But it's quite inspiring! As you will shortly notice, I'm more of a designer/technical dude than an artist.
Name: Luis Valdivieso
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Short term goal: become a junior level designer (or a prototyper/gameplay core mechanics system designer, as it is becoming a specialty)
Mid term goal: become a senior or a lead level designer.
Long term goal: become one of the best game designers out there.
2008-2009 Campus Ubisoft (AEC)
Intensive Level Design Program
Past: diploma in Fine Arts (DEC)
- Level Design, Rational Level Design
- Advanced scripting in Source Engine
- Technical drawing, illustration, environment and character design
- Storyboarding, critical playtesting
- Valve Source Engine & Hammer Editor (advanced)
- Electron Game Engine Neverwinter Nights 2 (intermediate)
- Unreal Editor (beginner)
- 3DS max (Intermediate)
- Photoshop (advanced)
- Flash (intermediate)
- Google SketchUp! (advanced)
- Power point (advanced)
- Word/Excel (advanced)
Demo Reel: (updated march 30th 09)
First Portal map:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjSZcxv2 ... re=channel
This is a mod we are currently working on (in production). Here are some screenshots of one of my levels. The textures are temporary and some of the models, props and animations are still missing.
Neverwinter Nights 2: coming soon!
Little Big Planet:
Works (might add links and images in the near future)
- co-created Sigma Conspiracy’ GDD
- Core gameplay mechanics designer for Sigma's Conspiracy
- Prototyped a TPS camera system, an inventory system, a melee combat system with camera lock system within the Hammer Editor
- Designed the characters, enemies, maps and storyboard for Apocalypse Montreal and Time Cop (mini game projects)
- Created a Portal map pack
- Designed and build a level for the Prison Planet project
- Level Designer on Sunshine Circus (graduating project)
- Scripted entire boss fights (simulated AI on an npc and a prop dynamic)
- Made various scripting tutorials for the class
Rate this portfolio
You must be registered and logged in to rate a portfolio!
3.00 out of 5 (9 ratings)