Da Future

Chat about various topics.

Postby Athlete{UK} on Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:46 pm

im not saying they all do and im not syaing they do on a regula basis. Infact i'd be surprised if a house hold computer managed it. But the fact remains they have the capacity to. You keep following our current trend of technologies they will hence problems.

*edit* notices his typing error hangs head in shame

Sorry i didnt mean to say they "get as hot" i meant to say "they hac get as hot" :oops:
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Blink on Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:55 pm

So, if the sun is like 93 million miles away and can still burn me then how could a CPU get to that temperature without melting away everything around it, including itself. Sorry but that is rubbish.

Where are you getting that from?
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby Athlete{UK} on Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:08 pm

yeah the sun can burn you. The surface of the sun alone can't. lol if it got as hot as the sun its self we would be fucked but as hot as the surface of the sun....no. I said surface of the sun not the sun. The surface of the sun is no where near as hot as the whole sun combined but its still bloody hot. If people would acctualy take in what im typing rather then seeing the word hot as and sun and then formulating their own conclusions. this might go a little better.
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Blink on Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:41 pm

Athlete{UK} wrote:"they hac get as hot"

You typed it wrong in the last two posts and then god knows what that means, so it's a little hard to understand, and there is still no way it can get as hot as anything sun related, even the surface.
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby Athlete{UK} on Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:54 pm

yeah....sure
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Blink on Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:01 pm

lol, well tell me where I can find proof and I'll believe you, like a report or experiment or something?
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby RefaelBA on Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:03 pm

Athlete{UK} wrote:yeah the sun can burn you. The surface of the sun alone can't. lol if it got as hot as the sun its self we would be fucked but as hot as the surface of the sun....no. I said surface of the sun not the sun. The surface of the sun is no where near as hot as the whole sun combined but its still bloody hot. If people would acctualy take in what im typing rather then seeing the word hot as and sun and then formulating their own conclusions. this might go a little better.

that's rubbish as well...
you see, the surface of the sun is not really a surface as you might call it. it is fire and flames, as the sun is basically a constant process of nuclear explosions.
there are layers that make the sun, when the outer one is thousands of degrees hot, and the most inner one is millions of degrees hot.
your CPU is never over 100 degrees C. a 100 degrees will have you entire PC killed, not to mention thousands of degrees...
RefaelBA

Postby Athlete{UK} on Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:08 pm

oh ffs forget it. I covered every single one of your counter arguments. You refuse to read them and asume i mean this that and the other so forget it.
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Blink on Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:12 pm

Athlete{UK} wrote:craig they reach the temperate of the surface of the sun. and yes they do get that hot.

Athlete{UK} wrote:yeah the sun can burn you. The surface of the sun alone can't. lol if it got as hot as the sun its self we would be fucked but as hot as the surface of the sun....no. I said surface of the sun not the sun. The surface of the sun is no where near as hot as the whole sun combined but its still bloody hot. If people would acctualy take in what im typing rather then seeing the word hot as and sun and then formulating their own conclusions. this might go a little better.

And from: http://www.solarviews.com/eng/sun.htm

The Sun's outer visible layer is called the photosphere and has a temperature of 6,000°C (11,000°F).
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby RefaelBA on Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:56 pm

Athlete{UK} wrote:oh ffs forget it. I covered every single one of your counter arguments. You refuse to read them and asume i mean this that and the other so forget it.

there's no need to get all angry and so on, this is just a regular argument. please, explain yourself in a way that we will understand better, and can talk on the same things. we don't mean to ignore your opinion, just try to make us realize what it is that you're trying to say.

i think blink's quotes show it pretty well, but if you meant something else - you're welcome to share.

by the way, we are way off topic.
RefaelBA

Postby snufflez on Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:30 pm

ever notice this topic is called, "da future"? now unless you're talking about the sun blowing up in the near future, i suggest you get back on topic. start a new thread for "the temp of the surface of the sun". oh and by the way, the common shop blow torch can get to the heat of the surface of the sun :roll: its just its only this big | |
Dongs.
snufflez
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby RefaelBA on Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:51 pm

yeah. well.

another thing i wanted to discuss about the future is the power of today's companies. e.g. microsoft, EA, Intel.
do you think microsoft will last as a superpower forever? every empire in the world has failed and stumbled. when will be microsoft's day? can unix save the day?

what about services such as Steam? do you think that in the future, game developers will get rid of the middleman monopoly?

in my opinion, most publishers will vanish. more and more publishers are closing their doors. i think that perhaps we will be left with a couple (or trio :D) of huge game publishers that will rule the arena. meanwhile the steam idea will get further, and more developers will sell their games directly through the net.
then tons of little dev. companies will start releasing private games, some of which will be very good and raise the bar a little higher. this reminds me of the old days, when games were made by gamers who had a lot of love for games :D
perhaps we will get to see the first on-line dedicated publishers. meaning, a publisher will release a service such as steam, and get the developers to sell their games through the publisher's service.

these are mere expectations, though.
as for microsoft, i don't know. i think they're bound to fall one day. a time will come when they'll make one mistake after another, and they will break. and then what? the world will be left to unix systems?

what do you think?
Last edited by RefaelBA on Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RefaelBA

Postby Spartan on Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:58 pm

yeah. well.

another thing i wanted to discuss about the future is the power of today's companies. e.g. microsoft, EA, Intel.
do you think microsoft will last as a superpower forever? every empire in the world has failed and stumbled. when will be microsoft's day? can unix save the day?

what about services such as Steam? do you think that in the future, game developers will get rid of the middleman monopoly?

in my opinion, most publishers will vanish. more and more publishers are closing their doors. i think that perhaps we will be left with a couple (or trio ) of huge game publishers that will rule the arena. meanwhile the steam idea will get further, and more developers will sell their games directly through the net.
then tons of little dev. companies will start releasing private games, some of which will be very good and raise the bar a little higher.
perhaps we will get to see the first on-line dedicated publishers. meaning, a publisher will release a service such as steam, and get the developers to sell their games through the publisher's service.

as for microsoft, i don't know. i think they're bound to fall one day. a time will come when they'll make one mistake after another, and they will break. and then what? the world will be left to unix systems?

what do you think?

I hope to hell not. I enjoy the days of going to best buy and picking up my game in a box (the large ones), reading through the manual and installing the game using one cd. Then playing it without having to hook up to the net.
Spartan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Deadman on Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:58 pm

microsoft will fall the day bill gates dies, (let's hope it's soon :P)

as for the steam thing, It is a very good concept so it will definitely be used more, once it becomes more stable steam will pwn

Woe Kitten wrote:I won't take a dump for less than 10 dollars :D

Unfortunately this has resulted in me being constipated and broke.
Deadman
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby RefaelBA on Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:00 pm

Spartan 34 wrote:
yeah. well.

in my opinion, most publishers will vanish. more and more publishers are closing their doors. i think that perhaps we will be left with a couple (or trio ) of huge game publishers that will rule the arena. meanwhile the steam idea will get further, and more developers will sell their games directly through the net.
then tons of little dev. companies will start releasing private games, some of which will be very good and raise the bar a little higher.

what do you think?

I hope to hell not. I enjoy the days of going to best buy and picking up my game in a box (the large ones), reading through the manual and installing the game using one cd. Then playing it without having to hook up to the net.

life sux for you then :D
it pays off a lot better to sell over the net. it is a wise economic move, like it or not
RefaelBA

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion