Today I hate..

Chat about various topics.

Re: Today I hate..

Postby zombie@computer on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:39 pm

Jangalomph wrote:Withdrawing from college is such a harsh process. I still have to wait till Monday to get more signatures from professors. Ugh.

Why are you withdrawing?
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Jangalomph on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:46 pm

Feel like I'm wasting my time. Not happy at all with it. Money is low, I just need to go out and get a job, and couldn't while i was in school due to 6 classes. So that's practically all day every day within classes and studying. I also wasn't performing well on any of the tests. So i just decided to leave college/uni behind. I'm packing my shit and moving away next weekend. So wish me luck in that.
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby zombie@computer on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:03 pm

This is not the 'wish me luck'-thread I'm afraid. Any ideas about what you are going to do?
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Jangalomph on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:16 pm

Charleston, SC.
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Epifire on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Well you could always get paid to make particles for Indie games too. Sorry to hear that college isn't working out though. It's always a real kicker to have to go through that and find it's not what you wanted.
Epifire

Postby Stormy on Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:10 am

Epifire wrote:Sorry to hear that college isn't working out though. It's always a real kicker to have to go through that and find it's not what you wanted.

This is the number one reason I never went to Uni. The fact that that might happen to me scares the shit out of me. I have already wasted 8 years of my life in an industry I have no affinity for, what if I went out and spent a bunch of capital on an industry I hated? Although I am pretty confident that comp sci is going to be my course of choice, I have only come to that realisation in the last few years. Thank funk I didn't go straight into uni from school, I would have wound up being a fucking architect or some shit.

Also sucks the big one that it happened to you Janga, I hope you didn't burn too much money or get too far in debt. Keep working towards that pie in the sky though, I know my goals are the only thing that keep me breathing.

On that note, today I hate that I gave two months notice to quit my job. I JUST WANT TO GO ALREADY I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THIS SHIT.
Stormy
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Gary on Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:34 am

That's why I'm currently afraid of college. I'm not entirely sure what I want to do, but apparently I have to.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Jangalomph on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:51 pm

I have no debt, I paid it in cash and scholarships every time. But yeah, i was in computer science, wasn't my shizzle. It was also only my 2nd semester. And i had 4 more to go after.
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Gary on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:47 am

I hate that I get emotionally dependent on others... it's weird cause up until about a year ago I wasn't like this. It's not healthy and it kinda makes me feel pathetic.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Epifire on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:57 am

Find good person/peoples to be dependent on? For me it's like I just need one really close friend/family member for me to not go insane.
Epifire

Postby Gary on Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:06 am

I clearly just need a new girlfriend. That solved the problem last time. :P And it wasn't obvious to her since she loved talking to me constantly anyway.

My other friends sadly don't support me that well anymore. I can't easily talk to the one anymore and the other has other just has a personality that makes it hard to tell what they want and feel.

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Stormy on Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:10 am

Oh man Gary do not get dependent on a girl. As much as I love them, they are as reliable as a soft landing on a concrete slab. You need to find purpose for yourself, something that you strive for only for yourself. Girls are wonderful and all but they are an accessory, making your life revolve around one is like building a house on quicksand. You need a bro, bro. That or start lifting heavy ass weights. You'd be amazed at how shit tends to fall in place when you do that.
Stormy
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Gary on Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:24 am

Yeah, that was partly sarcastic, I know it's not smart to get dependent on them. Though, I don't know if I would save "revolve around them", but I know what you mean.

I think I'll get over this soon, I've just been kinda isolated when it comes to other people. Now that I'll be getting a job and going to school I think things will just get better when it comes to that stuff.

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Xyos212 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:58 pm

Jangalomph wrote:I have no debt, I paid it in cash and scholarships every time. But yeah, i was in computer science, wasn't my shizzle. It was also only my 2nd semester. And i had 4 more to go after.

Take some serious time to find out what you love to do and try to make a career out of it. Research it, find out if you can train yourself, or need schooling. I myself went from computer science degree, to working in a cubical, to going to culinary school, to becoming a chef, and then now unemployed :(

My point is that now I finally realized that what makes me happy and what I can do all day is 3d modeling and creation for games. Im trying to pursue it as a career. Try not to jump around paths like I did, take some serious time off and contemplate what makes you happy :) Dont think about the money. Honestly I was making good money as a Chef but I hated the job. Thats no way to live.

@ Stormy:
That is so true with women and weights! I went through similar hardships in my life. About 2 years ago got into weightlifting and running. Started eating healthy, it really makes a big difference on how you approach the day and your confidence. All my life I seemed to be bettering myself because of others and their perception of me, but I finally started doing it for me and me alone. Not my quote but it is so helpful:

"The only respect that matters in life is self-respect"
Avatar images are 130x130 - Please refer to the Forum Rules.
Xyos212
Regular
Regular

Postby Jeeves on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:16 pm

"Practically" sugar free drink. Fuckings to Pepsi Max. The MAX doesn't mean maximum sugar. Fucking misnomer.

Yes to high fructose corn syrup, no to Aspartame. :wink:
Undue Punishment : 'An experimental FP Fighting game with stealth elements. ' -- TBD
Torn : 'A First Person RTS ' -- In Development as of 03/2014
Jeeves
Regular
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion