The Interlopers Package V.2

Chat about various topics.

Re: The Interlopers Package V.2

Postby Blink on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:29 pm

I think you're over complicating it with clothing. This is meant to be a fun and inexpensive exercise. Keep it what way
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby nub on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:12 pm

I agree, the T-shirt seems like a funner idea, but as Blink said, it's a bit too complicated.

I'd join, but I guarantee my mom would find the package and toss it out or something. She's paranoid about the internet still. If she saw a package sent from someone in Europe to me, she would freak out and toss the thing out thinking it was dangerous (no offense to anyone).
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ad_hominem on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:16 pm

That doesn't offend me, but I do find it hilarious. Hope that doesn't offend you.
ad_hominem
Monothetic
Monothetic

Postby no00dylan on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:36 pm

I'm in, someone better not decide to be funny and put a virus on the tumbdrive...

funny objec... hmmm

how about a no00dylan mask?

no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby TicTac on Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:23 pm

Count me in, man. This sounds like fun :D

[EDIT]
If we do pictures, I think my parents would be scared of you, ad. No offense, of course.
Competent Level Designer, 3D Artist.
I don't really look like my avatar
TicTac
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ziplock on Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:59 pm

(deleted)
Last edited by ziplock on Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ziplock
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Zipfinator on Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:05 pm

TicTac wrote:If we do pictures, I think my parents would be scared of you, ad. No offense, of course.

Because he's a Ginger?
|Pipe Dream|City 17: Episode 1|
Zipfinator
Veteran
Veteran

Postby TicTac on Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:15 pm

Well, obviously. But he's also a scary individual.

Oh, I live in PA, so I can send it around the east-coast, and probably get it from the UK.
Competent Level Designer, 3D Artist.
I don't really look like my avatar
TicTac
Veteran
Veteran

Postby 1447 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:51 pm

GUYS. I may have solved the what-the-hell-are-we-going-to-ship-around problem. People seemed to like Alex's idea about a t-shirt, so here's the situation: I have this t-shirt I bought in Denmark a few years back, you could get whatever you wanted printed on the front of a regular, black t-shirt for some $30, and naturally, I chose this:

Awesome, I know. And while I agree that "1337" isn't really related to Interlopers or level design itself, at least hear me out. I think it's safe to assume that everyone here are, or at least were at some point in their lifes, above averagely interested in gaming. So, everyone knows what 1337 means, and to be honest, I find the idea of a whole bunch of 'lopers from all over the world, all wearing a shirt that says "leet", to be hilarious.

I think the t-shirt will fit everyone too, as I bought it a few years back when I was somewhat... ahem, larger than I am now. The shirt weighs in at approx. 200 grams. More or less exact measurements can be found here.

This solution also eliminates this problem:

Zipfinator wrote:Also who would get the final shirt?

It's my shirt to begin with, so it's only fair that I get to keep it when we're done with this, right? Besides, I doubt any of you would want to wear it in public.

What do you guys think?

PS: I just want to add that I didn't choose to write 1337 on a t-shirt because I saw myself as some sort of elite gamer. It was, just as with my username, meant in a sarcastic way.
Veteran
Veteran

Postby KILLA-COW on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:54 pm

"we all went to interlopers and all we got was this shitty tshirt"

Oh yeah to 1447 - fuck you? One it's a BLACK tshirt, how are we all going to write on that? Two you just want us to use it so you can have it afterwards when I think someone like Blink or the person who orginally had the idea should keep it. Three 1337 is a fucking stupid saying. Four it should have something to do with interlopers on it. Five I'd rather pay for a 2 quid tshirt and write INTERLOPERS in black marker than use that shirt. Six YOU'VE FUCKING WORN IT. Seven it's black!!!!
KILLA-COW
Veteran
Veteran

Postby 1447 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:35 pm

KILLA-COW wrote:"we all went to interlopers and all we got was this shitty tshirt"

Oh yeah to 1447 - fuck you? One it's a BLACK tshirt, how are we all going to write on that? Two you just want us to use it so you can have it afterwards when I think someone like Blink or the person who orginally had the idea should keep it. Three 1337 is a fucking stupid saying. Four it should have something to do with interlopers on it. Five I'd rather pay for a 2 quid tshirt and write INTERLOPERS in black marker than use that shirt. Six YOU'VE FUCKING WORN IT. Seven it's black!!!!

1) I never said anything about writing anything on it. I realize that you can't write on a black t-shirt. I'm not retarded.
2) No, I don't care who gets it afterwards, I haven't even used it in ages. What I was trying to say is that using something that's already owned by a member reduces the chance of people getting pissed because they can't keep the object.
3) Learn to read. It's meant to be sarcastic.
4) Already explained that one.
5) See 2)
6) As I said, I haven't worn it in ages. Besides, it's not like clothes can't be washed or something.

Also, what the fuck? I was merely suggesting something, how the hell can that piss you off so bad?
Veteran
Veteran

Postby KILLA-COW on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:47 pm

I think it'd be cooler if everyone wrote a little something on there, otherwise we may as well all get a shirt and take pictures.
KILLA-COW
Veteran
Veteran

Postby oneups on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:04 am

Sounds fun.

I'm in. California.
oneups
Regular
Regular

Postby mjoeen on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:12 am

Im in, Norway!
mjoeen

Postby AlexCrafter on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:08 pm

what the hell is up with so many mappers from norway, maybe I'm just noticing them more but damn!

Also I don't actually see how a t shirt that says interlopers is either expensive or complicated, I mean if we want it easy someone (Who ever starts, I have no problem with this being me) buys a big white t-shirt and just draws it on, I used to do this all the time with friends.
AlexCrafter
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion