The Official What The Heck Are You Up To Thread

Chat about various topics.

Re: The Official What The Heck Are You Up To Thread

Postby Jangalomph on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:15 pm

Oh my damn. :|

Well i've been in that position before when i was in a motorcycle wreck going 60 mph. Hurt like hell.
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby MayheM on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:14 pm

ordering a new HDD for my work laptop. It randomly failed this morning. Which really sucks because I am pretty sure I had things on there that are not backed up.
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dr Evil on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:09 pm

Working on getting my IRC network up & running.. Being going a little over a year now, www.suprtech.net
Dr Evil
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Ereinion on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:16 am

My cell phone just unexpectedly bit the dust. The mini-USB charging port is bent all to hell and the battery is dying. Getting a new phone on Saturday when I see my sister for her birthday. Two unbearable days.
Ereinion
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby SM Sith Lord on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:04 pm

I'm working on a web site to go along with a Kickstarter campaign to contract artists to help me make a good version of my virtual arcade concept.

It uses the deferred rendering system and all its sweet dynamic lights, Swarm SDK so it can be free, it will have proper multiplayer (where anybody can spawn new cabinets during the game) and dedicated servers.

It will be able to load arcades from web addresses. For example, if Interlopers generated an arcade file and hosted it at "http://www.interlopers.net/GoodMaps.arcade" then you would be able to load the Interlopers virtual arcade by entering that URL into my mod.

There will also be something similar to the Steam Workshop built-in for users to host their customized arcade scripts. And of course, you don't need to host your arcade on the net if you just host a live multiplayer server instead.

Its virtual gaming community will be bought even closer together by special maps like Headquarters and the Mall, which periodically change to showcase user arcades, fresh downloadable content, and connect like-minded users on virtual message boards.

Assuming I can succeed in raising the budget to pay the development team I have standing by, this should be a shit ton of a lot of fun. Kickstarter campaign launching once I finish the website and make the video.

Anarchy Arcade - http://www.anarchyarcade.com
SM Sith Lord
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Stormy on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:50 am

I'm going to be in LA this saturday all day and then Miami for the week following. Sith_lord, beer? Gary, beer? Anyone else? Beer?

Beer?
Stormy
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby ad_hominem on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:32 am

Hey, my comic is now available from Amazon US, UK and most EU derivatives! Can I start calling myself a published author now?

It's also apparently 10% off on the UK one for some reason.
ad_hominem
Monothetic
Monothetic

Postby Bema on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:17 am

Just getting back into Hammer after....3 years+ ??
Bema
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Armageddon on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:18 am

That signature... I miss that banner image.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Marbledemon on Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:00 am

Today's the last day of my practical training for a design and marketing company, and in the three remaining holiday weeks I'm planning to focus on mapping for the HL2 Enhancement Mod, as well as trying to get a bit into Environment texturing.
Gonna do some sketches this evening, as well as browsing steam for some cheap games :)
- Member of the Half Life 2: Enhancement Mod Team -
Marbledemon
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby no00dylan on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:16 am

Making silly and not silly games:
A god simulator for Athiests:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/519 ... GodSim.zip

A game about delivering newspapers and having hallucinations (Paper Thin):
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby no00dylan on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:17 am

(The second game isn't out yet due to it not being done and such)
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Xyos212 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:33 pm

I was a full time Executive Chef, but was recently let go, so right now Im on unemployment.

Im using the free time to try to attempt to change careers and get into the games industry doing digital art. I have always done it as a hobby throughout my life since 2004 from Source, to Unreal Ed 3, to the UDK, xsi, etc. Im trying to learn it completely and start putting out more professional work.

My current project is a short HL2 single player mod that will try to showcase all I know from texturing, to modeling, animation, and level design.

I wish you guys luck on your projects and hope you see them to completion :)
Avatar images are 130x130 - Please refer to the Forum Rules.
Xyos212
Regular
Regular

Postby dreamaurua on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:36 am

been a long time lurker here, strange to see this site evolve throughout its entirety. I actually put down source mapping and video games all together once I found sucess in my Music & Artwork. Although, i will have to say this site has always been a huge influence in it all even though i don't map anymore. It was one of the first places i was able to recieve constructive critisicm and apply it to my projects. so thanks blink, gary, zombie at computer, or anyone else who has been a long time support pillar of this art community.

so as of late, i've been working the past 2-3 years to release 7 albums of experimental EDM music
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreamaurua / dreamaurua @ facebook for downloads
I've amassed alot of support, and found quite the comfortable niche delving into audio!
such a vast amount of things to do and learn!! I've DJ'd more shows since the new year than all of the previous years added up. I love to travel and play chill music festivals, so dont be afraid to knock on my window!

but lately, I have been apprenticing as a Borosilicate Pyrex Glassblower, making handmade necklaces, pendants, pipes, but mostly our invention of the " aromatherapy pendants! " So recently, I have been training to make these pendants and amassing my knowledge of herbology and aromatherapy with essential oils. It's been more apparent lately that I am infact a Healer, and I fully intend to travel around with our pendants and help those in need. If you would like to see our products please checkout " http://pixie-glassworks.myshopify.com/ " or find " Pixie Glassworks " on facebook!

heres a little video for those skepties! im the dreadie in the back on the video thumbnail!

all in all, im also saying thanks again blink!! every little bit of inspiration leads us to who we become. and this site has had a small part in my development as an artist. So much, that i still come around to see how things are going ;)
dreamaurua
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby Stormy on Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:33 am

Hey man, what are you using for your DJing? I have been mixing and messing around with ableton but I find it would require a lot of preparation to mix a live DJ set. Any tips?
Stormy
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion