Shitty Maps Night 9

Chat about various topics.

Shitty Maps Night 9

Postby Vicpop on Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:35 pm

We're planning Shitty Maps Night 9. The tentative date for the event is Saturday January 14, 2017, at 2PM CST (8PM GMT). It is still a long way away so if this is a bad time for anybody at all please let me know.

Shitty Maps Nights are where we take a few weeks to work on silly CSGO maps and then get together afterward to play them all as a group. There's no expectation of quality, so the idea is really to quickly put together whatever comes to your mind and then test it out for fun with others.

There will be 24 player slots and we can usually make space for anybody who shows up. Priority for slots in the case of a full game will first go to people who RSVP and submit a map, then people who only RSVP, and then everybody else.

You can submit your Steam name to RSVP here. You can optionally provide an email address to receive reminders and updates about the event as it approaches. Smurftyours, who is helping organize the event, is managing the RSVP list and will be sending the optional emails.

There will be updates posted via the Interlopers steam group and this forum thread as well.

Smurftyours is also organizing an optional raffle for those who RSVP, submit at least one map, and are present during the event. After the event, he will randomly draw two eligible candidates to win a USD$15 Steam game of their choice.

Map requirements:
  • The game is Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
  • Must have at least 24 player spawns. Distribution between T and CT doesn't matter.
  • No fullbright maps. They force clients to turn on fullbright, and clients can't turn it off easily since mat_fullbright is a cheat command.

Other guidelines:
  • You are free to use vscript however you like.
  • The server will be configured to the "custom" gamemode, so your map can have a custom config.
  • Make however many maps you like. Several people have submitted 5+ of their maps for a single event in the past.
  • If there are any other special arrangements you want to make, contact me. Server plugins are not an option.
  • For custom sounds to play you need to pack them into your .bsp file. VIDE is probably the easiest way to do this at the moment.

Submitting maps:
Publish your maps on the Workshop (using the command 'workshop_publish' ingame), and send me links to them with a PM here or on Steam. I will add them to the map pack which is packaged as a Steam Workshop collection that you can subscribe to here or (link opens in Steam) here. You will need to resubscribe to download new additions to the collection, but there will be a reminder to do so before the event.

Also, there's nothing stopping you from checking out the maps ahead of time, but experiencing them for the first time as a group is a part of the fun, so please refrain.

Videos of previous Shitty Maps Nights:

Last edited by Vicpop on Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vicpop
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Re: Shitty Maps Night 9

Postby Smurftyours on Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:09 am

its time 2 get shitty boys
jangalomph wrote:Wise words from a wise man. ^
Smurftyours

Postby LordDz on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:07 pm

Time to make unstable maps that fail to work in production.

EDIT: Apparently Valve broke something. That never happened before..
Trigger_Pushes don't push people properly unless sv_clamp_unsafe_velocities 0 is set.
LordDz
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Vicpop on Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:21 pm

I can add that to the server config unless anybody has objections
Vicpop
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Vicpop on Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:45 am

I've edited the original post. The tentative date for the event is now Saturday January (edit: 14), 2017, at 2PM CST (8PM GMT). If this is not a good time for anybody, please post.
Last edited by Vicpop on Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vicpop
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Vicpop on Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:31 am

I've moved the date back a week to January 14.
Vicpop
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Dr. Delta on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:05 pm

:ai_goal_standoff:
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Vicpop on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:26 pm

Shitty Maps Night is taking place tomorrow at 8PM GMT. Be in the Interlopers steam group chat http://steamcommunity.com/groups/interlopers a little before that time for server information.
Vicpop
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Vicpop on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:59 pm

Thanks to everyone who showed up. We had about 16 or 17 people at peak, which might actually be a record. Despite a shortage of maps I think it was a pretty good time.

Special thanks to schoft and Maverick Servers for lending us a dedicated server for the event, and LordDz for submitting 6 quality maps.
Vicpop
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Volontaire02 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:03 pm

Vicpop wrote:We're planning Shitty Maps Night 9. The tentative date for the event is Saturday January 14, 2017, at 2PM CST (8PM GMT). It is still a long way away so if this is a bad time for anybody at all please let me know.

Shitty Maps Nights are where we take a few weeks to work on silly CSGO maps and then get together afterward to play them all as a group. There's no expectation of quality, so the idea is really to quickly put together whatever comes to your mind and then test it out for fun with others.

There will be 24 player slots and we can usually make space for anybody who shows up. Priority for slots in the case of a full game will first go to people who RSVP and submit a map, then people who only RSVP, and then everybody else.

You can submit your Steam name to RSVP here. You can optionally provide an email address to receive reminders and updates about the event as it approaches. Smurftyours, who is helping organize the event, is managing the RSVP list and will be sending the optional emails.

There will be updates posted via the Interlopers steam group and this forum thread as well.

Smurftyours is also organizing an optional raffle for those who RSVP, submit at least one map, and are present during the event. After the event, he will randomly draw two eligible candidates to win a USD$15 Steam game of their choice.

Map requirements:
  • The game is Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
  • Must have at least 24 player spawns. Distribution between T and CT doesn't matter.
  • No fullbright maps. They force clients to turn on fullbright, and clients can't turn it off easily since mat_fullbright is a cheat command.

Other guidelines:
  • You are free to use vscript however you like.
  • The server will be configured to the "custom" gamemode, so your map can have a custom config.
  • Make however many maps you like. Several people have submitted 5+ of their maps for a single event in the past.
  • If there are any other special arrangements you want to make, contact me. Server plugins are not an option.
  • For custom sounds to play you need to pack them into your .bsp file. VIDE is probably the easiest way to do this at the moment.

Submitting maps:
Publish your maps on the Workshop (using the command 'workshop_publish' ingame), and send me links to them with a PM here or on Steam. I will add them to the map pack which is packaged as a Steam Workshop collection that you can subscribe to here or (link opens in Steam) herecrédit. You will need to resubscribe to download new additions to the collection, but there will be a reminder to do so before the event.

Also, there's nothing stopping you from checking out the maps ahead of time, but experiencing them for the first time as a group is a part of the fun, so please refrain.

Videos of previous Shitty Maps Nights:

Ah, ok, c'est vraiment très bien celui là
Volontaire02
Just Joined
Just Joined

Return to General Discussion