Advanced Doors

Tutorial collection, comprehensive listings on main site.

Postby RaccoonKing on Sun May 22, 2005 12:28 am

Alright, well, you might have mentioned in your tutorial that phys_hinge doesn't attach to anything until you click on it and drag the little circle (in the hinge's center) in some direction to set the hinge's axis.
RaccoonKing
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby A1armedassailant on Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:48 pm

RaccoonKing wrote:Alright, well, you might have mentioned in your tutorial that phys_hinge doesn't attach to anything until you click on it and drag the little circle (in the hinge's center) in some direction to set the hinge's axis.

could someone elaborate on this please? im getting an error when running my map about an error in phys_hinge something about an invalid value :? ?
like...which direction would you drag it? towards the end pivot point. or the beginning pivot point? or the doors center? or the end point of the door open path? :shock: too many possibilities :shock:
anyone else ever wonder what we would look like without lips? not too pretty i think.
A1armedassailant
Regular
Regular

Postby greyfox on Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:50 am

A1armedassailant wrote:
RaccoonKing wrote:Alright, well, you might have mentioned in your tutorial that phys_hinge doesn't attach to anything until you click on it and drag the little circle (in the hinge's center) in some direction to set the hinge's axis.

could someone elaborate on this please? im getting an error when running my map about an error in phys_hinge something about an invalid value :? ?
like...which direction would you drag it? towards the end pivot point. or the beginning pivot point? or the doors center? or the end point of the door open path? :shock: too many possibilities :shock:

Ok here's how i got it to work,
copy exactly what the tutorial says.
Once you've done that, select your phys_hinge and you will see a small circle in the centre of it. Drag this small circle downwards to set the axis (make sure you do this in front or side view).
(this will work for a door revolving around the Y axis)

Here's an image that may help you
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/ ... /hinge.jpg
greyfox
Just Joined
Just Joined

Stuck

Postby Stu2K4 on Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:38 am

Hi guys, (My first post WOOO)
I've just gone through this and my door seems to stick. I can get it to fall over (which is point less) but when i add the hinges it just stutters and wont move at all.
1. Do i need to leave a gap around all sides of the door?
2. Do i need to move the origin of the door to get it to rotate around the hinge?

Cheers if u can help out. :D
And before you ask....... Yes i will shoot you.
Stu2K4
Just Joined
Just Joined

Postby Cr4ig on Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:44 am

Make sure it isn't in any of the brushes.
Cr4ig

Previous

Return to Tutorials