Vertex Tool

Tutorial collection, comprehensive listings on main site.

Postby Ophidian on Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:09 am

Well, I made a pretty video tutorial, with no sound, or anything, and I'm encoding it now. I'm going to try different methods to get the smallest file size, but the length of it is around 12 minutes, so it's not going to be small. Anyways, I'll post it up sometime soon.
Ophidian
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby ZybeR | NoT on Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:33 am

and again many many thanks

greets ZybeR
ZybeR | NoT
Regular
Regular

Postby Ophidian on Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:59 am

Okay, I made a .rar file for ya with a wmv encoded, 12 minute long, boring ass video of me making another ring, with some grass and a skybox.

http://edsfunsite.com/interlopers/arch_help.rar

I also included the vmf for you, in case there was something in it that you wanted to see first hand that was in the video. I'm sorry about the crappy quality of the video, but I watched it myself, and it should be easy enough to follow along with. And I compressed the entire rar file to 14MB, so it won't rape my server too bad. Speaking of which, tell me if your download speeds were decent, I'm curious. Have a good day, and I hope this helped you in some way.

And here's a little bit of info you might not have known: rar files have to be uploaded in binary mode with FTP. My CuteFTP trial is up, so I had to use the windows ftp program. If you upload in ascii mode, it gives a "file corrupt" error when trying to extract the rar. Fun stuff.
Ophidian
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby ZybeR | NoT on Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:24 am

thanks ill gonna watch it when i get it down.. right now i get it with 118kb/sec. plus im downloading something els so i think my 2mb ethernet can get 200kb from you with out probs :D

and again many thanks for your time and help

greets ZybeR
ZybeR | NoT
Regular
Regular

Postby Fate™ on Mon May 15, 2006 12:06 pm

I get a 'file not found' error on your video. Suckage :(

Im wanting to make a slanted roof on a hut and ive never used the vertex tool before so need some help. :P

something like this:

Code: Select all
/\
        /......\
     /............\
  /..................\
  |||||||||||||

But with the cone on top .. lol .. forums wont let me do it :evil:
Fate™
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Previous