Map Battle 34 - Port

Your chance to get creative and take part in the various design challenges

Moderators: 904, Zecrah

Re: Map Battle 34 - Port

Postby KILLA-COW on Wed May 06, 2009 10:09 am

Is this really the place for this discussion? I think if 904 is copying matey boys then he should just withdraw his entry and then everyone can stop crying about it and if you all want to have a conversation about copying peoples work go make a thread in serious discussion. This is a thread for WIPs. I think people have expressed enough of their opinion on 904's now, it's giving me a headache reading this long posts. I only want to see WIP shots.
KILLA-COW
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Australian Bushman on Wed May 06, 2009 11:24 am

KILLA-COW wrote:Is this really the place for this discussion? ...

Good point, I've made a thread for the discussion under 'Serious Discussion' if anyone's interested: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28772

Blackdeath, I've already said pretty much exactly what I wanted to say, so there's no need to go misquoting what I've said. You're clearly assuming wrongly and overreacting your interpretations.

Also, I don't mean to single you out, 904. I'm speaking up because I feel there are others who would or have made the same mistake. I don't mean to discourage your work, but encourage using your own creativity instead.

Anyway, good luck with the comp.
Last edited by Australian Bushman on Wed May 06, 2009 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Australian Bushman
Regular
Regular

Postby source-maps on Wed May 06, 2009 11:43 am

to bad this thread cant be locked...
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby AlexCrafter on Wed May 06, 2009 5:22 pm

Bad vibes in this thread, man.

I'm changing my entry to this:
AlexCrafter
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby punky on Wed May 06, 2009 5:51 pm

Very nice Alex! Strong contrast in that entry, the white textures look quite good actually, no matter how simple they are :)
punky
Veteran
Veteran

Postby blackdeath on Wed May 06, 2009 6:54 pm

i like it. maybe just a tad less water reflection to offset the cleanness of the buildings? the water seems weird.
blackdeath
Regular
Regular

Postby wood250 on Wed May 06, 2009 7:00 pm

wood250
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Dr. Delta on Wed May 06, 2009 7:06 pm

ThePain wrote:
source-maps wrote:omg 'a map' is something totally different then that render in your link :S

Disagree

agree.

Those images/concept have so much in common there must be an explanation. :)
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby mendax on Wed May 06, 2009 7:32 pm

So, um, anyways...

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee5/ ... t50001.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee5/ ... t50000.jpg

I was supposed to have the week off because of the swine flu, but thats not going to happen, so I'm not sure how far I'll get.
EDIT: should probably mention this is only a WIP
mendax
Regular
Regular

Postby punky on Wed May 06, 2009 8:03 pm

That's one seksie bridge though, is it a modeL?
punky
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Generalvivi on Wed May 06, 2009 10:07 pm

There is def a lot of hot shite going down in this thread! You guys are doing awesome! Love your stuff Alex and wood250
Generalvivi
Irrational Games

Postby AlexCrafter on Thu May 07, 2009 8:11 am

I realized I can have more than one picture so I'm including both of these, I fixed my compile error though so I should be able to retake these pictures with some edits.
AlexCrafter
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Australian Bushman on Thu May 07, 2009 8:27 am

AlexCrafter wrote:Image

I realized I can have more than one picture so I'm including both of these, I fixed my compile error though so I should be able to retake these pictures with some edits.

Dude, I like the buildings you've made there. You've got 3 shots to submit why not use 'em to your advantage? Having two near identical images isn't really going to help persuade your voters :) however, if you were to change something for each shot, like the composition, or lighting....
Australian Bushman
Regular
Regular

Postby AlexCrafter on Thu May 07, 2009 12:48 pm

Australian Bushman wrote:
Dude, I like the buildings you've made there. You've got 3 shots to submit why not use 'em to your advantage? Having two near identical images isn't really going to help persuade your voters :) however, if you were to change something for each shot, like the composition, or lighting....

Whoops, in my head I thought that they were very different, now I cant see that those are two different shots. I'm working on the night version now though so I should be able to have that done in time to have that along with a day time screenshot. It's looking quite nice with most of the windows illuminated and shining outwards.
AlexCrafter
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Australian Bushman on Thu May 07, 2009 2:14 pm

AlexCrafter wrote:Whoops, in my head I thought that they were very different, now I cant see that those are two different shots. I'm working on the night version now though so I should be able to have that done in time to have that along with a day time screenshot. It's looking quite nice with most of the windows illuminated and shining outwards.

Sounds good.

From what I can see the windows aren't reflecting. Have you considering using a reflective map? They look like custom textures too, neat!
Australian Bushman
Regular
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Design Section