Map Battle 36 - The Ministry of Love

Your chance to get creative and take part in the various design challenges

Moderators: 904, Zecrah

Re: Map Battle 36 - The Ministry of Love

Postby KILLA-COW on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:43 pm

904 wrote:
Evil Scotsman wrote:Does that mean you need to have read the book to properly understand the meaning of the theme?

Not really, but you could check out wikipedia for the Ministry of Love or 1984 and browse around from there.

In general:
I see some are a bit stuck with room 101 / a torture room. That's fine, it's part of the theme. But to put it bluntly: If I had wanted to limit you creativity for this theme to a torture room, I would have make the theme "Room 101", not "The Ministry of Love". I specifically didn't because I want you guys to have creative freedom to expand beyond a room like that. The Ministry of Love can be interpreted in many ways, you can see it as the building, the institution, it's methods (which includes the famous room 101) or just the general concept of suppression and calling it love. I thought that wouldn't be too difficult since we all played Half Life 2 and we have seen the concept..

I think you've confused yourself with this theme, seems like through this thread you can't decide what the constraints and confines of the theme are.
KILLA-COW
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jangalomph on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:14 pm

FINALS:
FEAR: Death By Toxic Gas with no escape

You control your death, and when your ready to die.
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby BubbleQ on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:46 pm

My map kind of fucked up and yeah when I got it to work properly I rellize that it is not scary at al or and thing, it was like a giant icecream xD
So I dumped it and are going with an other idea witch will be very much harder but very much better. And I also got the book from the library today :) I do also think that I have read a bit in my english class about a guy who was dancing ballet in tv and the shoted the whole staff :O

Anyway, I am not of of the competition ;)
---------------------------------
I am a happy mapper!
Archlinux
BubbleQ
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Jangalomph on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:55 pm

BubbleQ wrote:My map kind of fucked up and yeah when I got it to work properly I rellize that it is not scary at al or and thing, it was like a giant icecream xD
So I dumped it and are going with an other idea witch will be very much harder but very much better. And I also got the book from the library today :) I do also think that I have read a bit in my english class about a guy who was dancing ballet in tv and the shoted the whole staff :O

Anyway, I am not of of the competition ;)

Basically, you arn't entering? :cry:
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby BubbleQ on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:32 pm

Yes I am entering. ;)
Hmm, this week or this,,, mounth I have been spelling very badly on the computer and used alot of "..." and ",,," ones :S
I am a happy mapper!
Archlinux
BubbleQ
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Jangalomph on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:50 pm

Oh, I was fixing to stop loving you for not giving me competition like that dream battle :P
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby KILLA-COW on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:51 pm

BubbleQ wrote:Yes I am entering. ;)
Hmm, this week or this,,, mounth I have been spelling very badly on the computer and used alot of "..." and ",,," ones :S

BUBBLE Q'S WEBSITE IS DANGEROUS AND MAY INSTALL MALICIOUS SOFTWARE ON YOUR PC WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT. According to something that came up when i clicked on it.
KILLA-COW
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jangalomph on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:00 pm

Its true! Wtf bubbleQ?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby ThePain on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:18 am

I am an IT guy, but even without that I'm going to take a stab and say it's not Bubbleq, but more the .myhood.se part of the URL
It's quite simple really. I want to be a professional level designer. I want this to be my job.
ThePain
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby BubbleQ on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:14 pm

Yeah, ThePain is right... Myhood hosts alot of pages and some idiot has upload some "dangerus" content to his/her site and therefore every sitets are inflicted and marked as dangerous :P
One of the admins have posted this in there forum and they are now working on it, but you got my word that there is no "dangersous" content on my site. But you could try an other myhood site to test if the problem will be the same
[url]matsk.myhood.se[/url]

Pew :smt019
I am a happy mapper!
Archlinux
BubbleQ
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Jangalomph on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:22 pm

Ok back to the map battle guys.

Sorry, still not gonna go to your site.
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Major Banter on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:28 pm

And off the map battle quickly, nice avatar janga
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jangalomph on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Rotinaj wrote:And off the map battle quickly, nice avatar janga

Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby BlekksPoncho on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:29 pm

Okay, just found my mum's ye olde 1971 version of 1984 (yeah I know that isn't ye olde for 1984 but meh), time to read it and get some ideas.
-----------------------
I'm not drunk, I always eat plastic.
BlekksPoncho
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby AlexCrafter on Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:11 pm

I might have an entry for this, maybe... It's hard to come up with my own interpritation or room 101 that's not purely psychological, the plain outcome of room 101 is pretty frightening though.
AlexCrafter
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

PreviousNext

Return to Design Section