5%
Phott
3%
The Doctor
2%

Total votes : 118

Re: Map battle 40 - Atrium - Final Images & Voting Round

Postby ankhsethamon on Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:54 am

IMUS' and Corigami's are the best, IMO. In fact, this map battle has a lot of awesome entries. Congrats to all the mapper.

My vote went for IMUS. Love the lighting, the details, the colors, the layout, etc, etc, etc. :)
ankhsethamon
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Kvackabill on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:54 am

Voted for IMUS, it has life to it and make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Corigamis is amazing of course but I would like it more if it were in daylight.
popcornjake's or jangalomph entries really needs a shot of the roof, otherwise they look great.
Magoc has a map that would probably work great as a playable map (phott too).
Kvackabill
Regular
Regular

Postby MNM on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:57 am

Blade n64 ;) Looks like it could work nicely as a playable too :)
When in doubt, VDC.
MNM
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Vilham on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:10 am

Blade, magoc and amcken, made respectable entrys, could do with plenty of improvement but a good start, they might not have had the time or experience, good job anyway.

IMUS, looks great, but a bit too clean/undetailed/bright for my personal liking.

Popcornjake, brilliant brush work tbh. Would have been awesome to see it in a more finalized state or with AI.

Jangalomph, love the detail. Reminds me of the castle in drakes uncharted quite a bit.

Corigami, doesn't even look like the source engine. I voted for you. Great brushwork, texturing and lighting, because the lighting and texturing is great the lack of detailing doesnt bother me.
Designer - Frontier Developments
Vilham
Frontier Developments

Postby MaK on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:30 pm

Voted for Popcornjake, very curvy, I wish more people did stuff like this. And for Corigami, I don't know why the panorama wasn't included, it was the best looking shot. Did he not just increase the POV to 180? I wish you allowed it, but I guess he doesn't really need the extra vote anyway.
MaK

Postby amckern on Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:37 am

IMUS +1
NightFall Source Code - http://nightfallmod.com
amckern
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Zipfinator on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:01 am

MaK wrote:Voted for Popcornjake, very curvy, I wish more people did stuff like this. And for Corigami, I don't know why the panorama wasn't included, it was the best looking shot. Did he not just increase the POV to 180? I wish you allowed it, but I guess he doesn't really need the extra vote anyway.

He said that he edited it in Photoshop to get it like that. I don't even think you can increase the PoV to be past 90 without programming and that wouldn't be allowed either.
|Pipe Dream|City 17: Episode 1|
Zipfinator
Veteran
Veteran

Postby vcool on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:10 am

Zipfinator wrote:
MaK wrote:Voted for Popcornjake, very curvy, I wish more people did stuff like this. And for Corigami, I don't know why the panorama wasn't included, it was the best looking shot. Did he not just increase the POV to 180? I wish you allowed it, but I guess he doesn't really need the extra vote anyway.

He said that he edited it in Photoshop to get it like that. I don't even think you can increase the PoV to be past 90 without programming and that wouldn't be allowed either.

You can, Try fov 120 for some true psychedelia.

Neighborhood Forum Elitist
vcool
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Meotwister on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:07 am

I voted for popcornjake on this one. At the beginning when I was pondering if I had time to enter I had thought of doing the guggenheim myself. Looks like ya did a pretty good job at it man, nice!

Congrats on the (assumed) victory, Corigami.
Check out my continually progressing portfolio!
http://meotwister.com - Finally up! I also blog there, too!

www.NoMoreRoomInHell.com
Meotwister
Resolute Games

Postby RefaelBA on Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:02 am

This must have been one of the best battles yet. Entries are remarkable!
I have some serious feedback for the mappers if they will accept it.

First of all to Corigami: I AM SO ANGRY WITH YOU.
Your map had the best brushwork IMO, but you made it a night map and most of it can't be seen. That just pisses me off because man, you created something so beautiful the way it was under light, and then trying to improve it you simply took those visuals away...
Just look at that:
Those massive columns are right on the money, the delicacies are easy to spot and it's a feast for the eye!
Now compare them to this:
The initial lighting you made while presenting your WIPs was far superior IMO, it had a unique atmosphere and it was much richer. My screen is on maximum brightness, and a great deal of the details simply can't be seen. I see some other lopers would have liked this better in daylight. Pitty...

Best Lighting Award Goes to: jangalomph!!
Those lights took your map to the next level. Super-awesome.
This is production-class work right there, I really learned a lesson from your work in this battle. Thanks.

Mr. Chop said he didn't finish it and how I wish he did! I think it's the most innovative setting in this battle, and the quality of work is very high. Please man, even if it isn't for the competition, finish this thing and let us see what you had in mind. I'm very eager to see your vision!

IMUS, you created something truely beautiful. This is what an atrium on heaven will look like IMO. Astonishing! It looks slightly too tight for a killing fest, but nevertheless, I would pay a LOT of money to have coffee in that place.

popcornjake, it will take me years to do what you just did in under two weeks.

@Blade: Your atrium gives me the feeling that a massive action scene is about to take place there. If you played Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, this map simply should have been in that game. That the reason that ironically, these shots remind of Blade...

Other entries were also great, this battle gave me so much inspiration. Thank you all! Interlopers is the best community on the planet. Cheers for everyone!
RefaelBA

Postby Khaeotixs on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:37 pm

I voted for magoc.

also; i feel shitty for not even being close to you guys ^-^ you're all damn awesome mappers.
Woe Kitten wrote:It's so old it's new again!

Athlete{UK} wrote:Dionysos. You kill yourself and piss me off in the process i'm coming after your ghost with a dyson you scum sucking fuck end!
Khaeotixs
Regular
Regular

Postby Major Banter on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:43 pm

Voted Magoc, I've followed that awesome map all the way through, and think it'd be the most interesting gameplay-wise with those bridges.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby nub on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:22 pm

I voted for Popcorn. He has the most interesting design if you ask me. Although the lighting and texturing is a little bland, the way it's laid out is very interesting and looked extremely difficult to accomplish.

I hope it's in the ranks for the next part of the battle, I'd really like to see some interesting gameplay evolve from it.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby 904 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:01 pm

Khaeotixs wrote:also; i feel shitty for not even being close to you guys ^-^ you're all damn awesome mappers.

You did what >95% of us didn't do: You took a shot, that makes you a winner ;)
Design Section Moderator

Postby Major Banter on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:06 pm

904 wrote:
Khaeotixs wrote:also; i feel shitty for not even being close to you guys ^-^ you're all damn awesome mappers.

You did what >95% of us didn't do: You took a shot, that makes you a winner ;)

Inspirational stuff.

No, really, it's true, you gave it a damn good shot; in these competitions most winners don't expect a success, and a lot of people who expect a win don't get one. It's an interesting process.

And now you can get ready to work on the next battle.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Design Section