Map battle 47 - Time

Your chance to get creative and take part in the various design challenges

Moderators: 904, Zecrah

Re: Map battle 47 - Time

Postby 904 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:54 am

Hollow wrote:I was planning to put myself up for being design mod after banter stood down, even went round asking everyone who they would like and sent Blink a PM about it....as I actually thought 904 was inactive at the time. I hope he doesnt share a similar fate, as the battles are starting to be hit and miss all the time at the moment.

I stepped out because I was too busy privately, asked Banter to pick it up, then I noticed Banter was struggling to get things going again, partly (or mainly) because of wining about themes. I'm fairly used to the critique, which is something Banter did not have a chance to get used to. Realize that one very important aspect of chosing these themes, it that you can never please everyone. That is why I try to vary the type of theme: a physical place (lair), an abstract subject (time), a limiting theme (the next template battle). And yes, that results in hits & misses, but do take into account that overall participation is down anyway. People have moved on to larger projects, other engines, professional careers etc.

I'd welcome you as a moderator, so feel free to PM me ideas, thoughts. Or discuss things in the suggestions thread. If you have a long-term vision, share it!

Now on with this battle!
Design Section Moderator

Postby Noodles on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:15 am

Gary wrote:Image

Maybe I'll work on it later.

It could work... Freeman is a doctor and he has "traveled through time" in a way.

OH GODAMMIT.

Didn't read beyond the first post of the thread...came up with idea...see's someone else has taken it.

I'm going to continue with my Tardis idea if no one has any objections?

EDIT: Scratch that, my tardis model was lost on my crashed HDD.
'English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havershambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary Rawlinson End.'
Noodles
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Mighty Monk on Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:28 pm

Man, although I haven't posted on this site on aaaages, I do frequently check up on the Map Battle's, and I have to say I'm really disappointed in what's been happening with them lately.

The way I see it is, either it is the format of the battle's that are causing the quite obvious lack of interest, or it's the actual use of Source, being old and not allowing for anything "new", as such. Or it could be a combo of the two.

Either way, sigh, everybody should work together to sort this out!
Mighty Monk
Regular
Regular

Postby Gary on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:25 pm

@ Noodles:

If you still want to do it you can, I couldn't continue mine.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby 904 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:01 pm

Closing off early, this isn't going anywhere. PM me finals if you have any. I'll check for PM's tomorrow.
Design Section Moderator

Previous

Return to Design Section