No More Room In Hell : Rising From the Ashes

Post your news submissions here

No More Room In Hell : Rising From the Ashes

Postby InZaneFlea on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:54 pm

No More Room In Hell is back up and running! We now have three programmers, we've hired Takhiarel to work with Brian4 and Big Nah. Big Nah will be handling the logistics of the zombie behavior and the more complex code. Brian4 and Takhiarel will be authoring new entities for use in making maps, setting up gameplay rules in code, and adding new weapons. The three of them should get a lot of ground covered with dividing up the work between them.

We've also hired on the likes of DaveofDefeat, who single handedly defeated the Germans in 1945 and is also quite handy at manufacturing sound effects! His portfolio of both soundscapes, ambient tracks, and sound effects are all really impressive, I especially loved his firearms sounds! Expect some quality work coming out of this guy, he's going to be doing some awesome sound work for us.

While still on the topic of new hires, we've brought on long time community member Sotapoika to join us as a mapper. He is very thrilled to be joining us and we must say that the feeling is mutual. He had done up a design for his proposed map, and after playing through the rough layout I was very impressed and he has joined our team to work on this map.

We have also struck an exclusive deal with [url="http://www.l4dmods.com"]L4DMODS.com[/url], they will be posting all of our weekly updates, media releases, and new information about NMRIH right on their front page as we post them on ours. They have an average of 300,000 unique visitors a day so expect some new faces around the forums in the near future if people come and visit, so play nice!

For those of you old school enough to remember him, our original lead mapper, Nick "Dark" King is back on board! He will be helping with design, organization, and of course, art! He is working on his original map "Last Transit", bringing it up to par with his refined skills! We're glad to have him back on our team doing some awesome work. I would also like to welcome Chris "2d-chris" Kay back on board, he will be contributing to art production and level design as well!

Flea is back from his Jamaican Island Adventure and is back at work on his map. It is coming along really well and expect some media from him and I soon. My map is shaping up very well, lots of dense buildings and alleys all coming together very nicely. The few people lucky enough to have seen it like it very much, and I can't wait to share it with you!

I would love to share shots from the map with all of you, but I don't want to be posting Work In Progress shots of any of our stuff yet and possibly give the wrong impression about our work. If you would really like to see WIP shots of our maps and such as we author them with gray and orange Dev textures and no details and buildings missing and dead end streets as we fashion it all together, make your voices heard! Otherwise, we'll hold off from posting shots until we deem them ready to post.

Things are coming together quite well, and we are all very excited with the way things have picked up. We know it has been a long time, but we promise the mod will be made ready for you all to play and enjoy someday soon :)

Now as a teaser, here is a render of CrazyMatt's Molotov character!

ENJOY!!
Game Art + Design Graduate
http://www.nickeichenberg.net
InZaneFlea
Pheropod
Pheropod

Return to Submit News