Hint page

Comments & Suggestions about Interlopers.net

Hint page

Postby Mephasto on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:56 pm

ok, while making my map and after hours of struggle with info_node_hint system i finaly noticed that the system will bug out and wont work if you copy info_node_hints and place them in diffrent location, so you have to make them each manually to not mess up with code or something.

so, would it be nice to have page with Engine/architechture hints that new mappers wont have to look answers for these problems themselfs, like "Dont use carving blaablaablaa" "when placing info_node_hints make sure you dont copy them, as you need to make them separately."

also stuff like "if you want to use alternative StudioMDL compiler you can download one from here" or VTF plugin for photoshop from this link

so people wont need to look all that stuff from google and can quickly found aswers from existing list.
Mephasto
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Re: Hint page

Postby Megadude on Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:18 pm

You means hints such as you can easily find in the Tutorials section or the Editing Tips page, and perhaps the kind of download links you can get in the Downloads section?

You can clearly see these kinds of things at the top of every page on this website. Try looking up.
Wrathborne 711 wrote:OH MY GOD.........MEXICANS!

End of Humanity - beta version 3.0 released!
Megadude
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Blink on Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:26 pm

There is an improved section of the site that zombie finished coding but I am yet to do the front end styles for, and that's the new tips page.

Basically it will be a moderated thread where anyone can add a post and it will go live onto the tips page when published, you can even choose what category it goes into.

I'm hoping to get that live very soon. :-)
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby Mephasto on Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:19 pm

Great to hear that Blink! :>
Mephasto
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Return to Feedback Corner