Map spotlight

Comments & Suggestions about Interlopers.net

Re: Map spotlight

Postby Kev_Boy on Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:39 pm

There's nothing spectacular about DE_Forest either, it's just a big displaced floor with a bunch of modeled tree-trunk cylinders and alpha-channeled planes. You can dumb down everything to the point where's it's not spectacular. So can the bullshit and update the spotlight more often!
Kev_Boy
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Blink on Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:00 pm

Kev_Boy wrote:There's nothing spectacular about DE_Forest either, it's just a big displaced floor with a bunch of modeled tree-trunk cylinders and alpha-channeled planes. You can dumb down everything to the point where's it's not spectacular. So can the bullshit and update the spotlight more often!

That's as retarded as saying a top range BMW is just metal and plastic. How it's made is different to what it consists of.
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby rb_lestr on Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:22 pm

Kev_Boy wrote:There's nothing spectacular about DE_Forest either, it's just a big displaced floor with a bunch of modeled tree-trunk cylinders and alpha-channeled planes. You can dumb down everything to the point where's it's not spectacular. So can the bullshit and update the spotlight more often!

:roll:
rb_lestr
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby ad_hominem on Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:30 pm

me side with blink

you create masterpiece, then maybe spotlight change
ad_hominem
Monothetic
Monothetic

Postby Jman on Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:39 pm

Shouldn't de_museum have made it on?
Jman
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Elv02 on Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:04 pm

Here's a great idea!

How about we have a vote for map spotlight after say, a few good ones come out.

Mabye we could have a poll at the top of each new map with the question "worthy of spotlight?" and the anwsers yes or no. Then after enough maps have gotten some yes's. We can put up a poll and vote. Or is that stupid? :| I dunno. :?

But you're right. Forest has been up way to long.
"Hello, again, and welcome to the Interlopers Enrichment Center. Your account has been proccesed. Please proceed into 'section name, here' and we will start the test...
Elv02
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby sawo on Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:32 pm

Poll isnt very bad idea since everyone agrees that forest has been way too long on the spotlight... Maybe the spotlight should be empty if there are no maps that deserve place on it.
sawo
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby The Wanderer on Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:33 pm

thats like saying a book is nothing more than a coherent string of letters and nummers. Its ALL about composition.
The Wanderer

Postby SmOoth on Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:37 pm

Jman wrote:Shouldn't de_museum have made it on?

Definately.
Food or SmOoth? I'll take SmOoth.
SmOoth
Regular
Regular

Postby MayheM on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:20 pm

I think the issue really rests on the fact that there are a ton of maps out there but really good ones are hard to find. I am talking boutmaps that have everything from a beautiful atmosphere to evenly ballanced gameplay. There are a ton of maps out there that look the part, pretty as the day is long but gameplay is one sided and or boring, on the flip side you have maps made for gameplay. people who have better ideas on how the game works then artistic abilities. Put them together and you have a spotlight...

I admit, it woudl be nice to see anoer map spotlighted, but de_forest is honestly one of the best custom maps ever made. It captures everything CSS is about, teamwork and stratgey and itdoes it all in a very nice package.

Just adding my 2 cents...
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kev_Boy on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:32 pm

I'm not saying DE_Forest is bad, I'm saying there're other maps released since then that are as good. That's really everyone's point I think.
Kev_Boy
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby rb_lestr on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:53 pm

Warby's latest DoD one should be up there right now, no question.
rb_lestr
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Previous

Return to Feedback Corner