Model compile error checker

Comments & Suggestions about Interlopers.net

Model compile error checker

Postby Mr. Happy on Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:15 am

What if the error checker had a buddy that told you about model compile errors?
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Re: Model compile error checker

Postby punky on Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:06 am

Mr. Happy wrote:What if the error checker had a buddy that told you about model compile errors?

Hmm I guess all the modelers for source would be happy and really thankful with that since importing models to source sucks and scares a lot of people to start modeling(me for example)
punky
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jister on Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:26 am

well i wouldn't know why? compiling for source isn't that hard at all. and can't really imagine how a checker would work... or what kind of errors you got in mind...
HLMV always points me too the errors i encounter. but then still can't really think of any errors other then stupid mistakes in the qc...?
once your model in done right, you can't get errors exporting it, if the qc is buggy it won't compile, and if it does compile it's mostly fine and without error...
so where would the checker come in and for what errors?
jister
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Mr. Happy on Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:02 pm

There actually are alot of errors you can get when compiling a model, everything from steam access issues to the oft-posted about bad smoothing groups. When I was first learning to model a year ago I had alot of problems.

There are also problems with you can get with models, for example, lack of texture or resized physbox.

It's easy for you to say "I can't think of any errors but in the qc" or "HLMV always points me to errors" but it's easy for me to say that the error checker we do have isn't needed because I just look at the compile log and know what's wrong.

It's for newbies.
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby zombie@computer on Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:08 pm

easy enough to make one, but i dont model and dont know of any errors one may encounter. If the modellers on this forum could be so kind as to start a thread or something with a list of errors, then i can make some kind of error checker like i did for map compiling.
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby jister on Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:46 pm

Mr. Happy wrote:There actually are alot of errors you can get when compiling a model, everything from steam access issues to the oft-posted about bad smoothing groups. When I was first learning to model a year ago I had alot of problems.

There are also problems with you can get with models, for example, lack of texture or resized physbox.

It's easy for you to say "I can't think of any errors but in the qc" or "HLMV always points me to errors" but it's easy for me to say that the error checker we do have isn't needed because I just look at the compile log and know what's wrong.

It's for newbies.

point taken :wink:
jister
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Return to Feedback Corner