Interlopers Awards.

Comments & Suggestions about Interlopers.net

Re: Interlopers Awards.

Postby 1447 on Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:19 am

Blink wrote:The only difficulty I have is how we select someone? I can't just go picking people because I don't know every members' actions.

Instead do we have a nominations, and then a vote? If so how do we collect the nominations?

It;s all very well choosing categories but so far no one has suggested how to run it, and I'm not too sure my self. Might need to get some kind of external voting system.

I think nominations is a good idea. What about this: Each of us nominates one person in each category, and when the nominations are over, we vote over those nominated. Example:

1) I nominate Jest@ for Best Moderator. Blink nominates Athlete for Best Moderator.

2) After some time, the nominations are over. Now, someone creates a poll, where we have to vote for either Blink or Athlete as this years Best Moderator. Whoever gets most votes, wins honour and glory.

Be aware: I'm so fuck tired right now, so in case my example is an epic fail without me realizing it: Sorry.
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ad_hominem on Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:24 am

Ok... so is more than one nomination needed in order to be voted for at the end? Otherwise we could have a vast number of people to vote for. Or do we just take the most popular four or five nominations and vote for those?
ad_hominem
Monothetic
Monothetic

Postby punky on Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:51 am

We should do it as 1447 says, have pre-nominations to get a list of the contestants, in the pre-nominations thread/poll you just select or post the people that you want to be in the final nomination, and for what category. After a week or something one of the mods/admins makes a poll or maybe even an external poll were we have voting options for each category, and we have to select one person on the list for that category.
punky
Veteran
Veteran

Postby AndyMacK on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:08 am

I think the top 5/10 nominees (Heehee, love that word) should be put through to the final vote. As in, the ones with the most nominations. Then we vote on them.

Also, one category at a time, I think. Kinda like map battles - except shorter.

-Andi
AndyMacK
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby KILLA-COW on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:20 am

Okay so here is how it works.

There is a thread, in which all of the catergories are listed. Then people copy and paste that list and put their nomination for each catergory in a post. The 5 with the most votes are then the nominee's, at which point threads are created under the name of the award with a poll for the 5 nominee's, everyone votes, badabingbadaboom we're laughing and the winners are found.
KILLA-COW
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Bema on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:31 am

Nominations? What? Who ever gets the most votes, wins. Simple as. I don't get why we need a two stage nomination thingy.

Regarding not knowing everyones actions: The point is it's whoever stuck out in your mind. You don't need to know everyone. It's whoever has played a big enough part on Interlopers for you to remember stuff.

It's not the fault of the voting system if member's don't post anything that'll stick in your mind.
For example: I'm fairly sure i've posted no WIP shots of anything this year (although I did take about a 6month mapping break half way through the year!) - but still. There's no way im getting anywhere near a Mapping award of any kind because of that simple fact! That's my fault. Not yours, nor the voting system.
Bema
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby KILLA-COW on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 am

Bema wrote:Nominations? What? Who ever gets the most votes, wins. Simple as. I don't get why we need a two stage nomination thingy.

Regarding not knowing everyones actions: The point is it's whoever stuck out in your mind. You don't need to know everyone. It's whoever has played a big enough part on Interlopers for you to remember stuff.

It's not the fault of the voting system if member's don't post anything that'll stick in your mind.
For example: I'm fairly sure i've posted no WIP shots of anything this year (although I did take about a 6month mapping break half way through the year!) - but still. There's no way im getting anywhere near a Mapping award of any kind because of that simple fact! That's my fault. Not yours, nor the voting system.

Because the votes will be all over the place 1 here 2 there, if theres only a few to choose from then the votes will be more concentrated.

And no-one said it's the fault of the voting system did they? I'm fully aware people aren't going to get best mapper if they aren't best mapper, that's simple logic.
KILLA-COW
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Blink on Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:58 pm

Bema wrote:Nominations? What? Who ever gets the most votes, wins. Simple as. I don't get why we need a two stage nomination thingy.

The reason for a nomination system is because I can't set a vote up for every member of interlopers, and I also don't fancy trawling a huge thread and counting every vote manually.
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby zombie@computer on Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:01 pm

i can easily create a voting form, just have to say which categories we need and ill make one
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby KILLA-COW on Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:05 pm

I think I'm a little bit in love with Z@C?
KILLA-COW
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Bema on Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:40 pm

Blink wrote:and I also don't fancy trawling a huge thread and counting every vote manually.

I'd do it if needs be.
Bema
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Blink on Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:49 pm

Alright, something is in the works... More soon
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby punky on Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:25 pm

Blink wrote:Alright, something is in the works... More soon

Great! this is going to be fun :twisted:
punky
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Blink on Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:45 pm

This is coming very soon...
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby no00dylan on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:00 pm

Blink is going to win the "most stern" award.
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback Corner