User search flood interval

Comments & Suggestions about Interlopers.net

User search flood interval

Postby cypher543 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:28 am

When I'm trying to search for something in the forums, I have to wait a while before going to the next page. If I don't wait, then I get this:
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

I haven't administrated a phpBB forum in a long time, but I remember that the "User search flood interval" option causes this. I understand that searching can be a resource hog, but would you consider lowering this interval to something like 5 or 10 seconds (for logged-in users, at least)? That's about how long it takes to scan a full page for my keywords.
cypher543
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Re: User search flood interval

Postby Gary on Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:24 am

I agree, this has bothered me in the past as well... I use the search a lot, so fixing this would be a great help.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Gary on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:39 am

Err, I hate the way google searches forums. It doesn't understand how they work and it has none of the options the built in search function has. Google is great, but not for anyone that wants a more detailed search.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Blink on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:11 am

Lowered it to 15 for logged in users
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby Gary on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:19 am

Thanks Blink.

By the way, I have been getting the flood interval when trying to change pages in the search results at times. Is this done on purpose?

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby stoopdapoop on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:24 am

!
I'm Brown
stoopdapoop
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Blink on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:36 am

Gary wrote:Thanks Blink.

By the way, I have been getting the flood interval when trying to change pages in the search results at times. Is this done on purpose?

Possibly, it may be treating that as a new search request. It's not something I can control unfortunately.
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby Gary on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:44 am

I thought the same, it's sorta a pain. Oh, well, no big deal I suppose.

And I knew you couldn't control it through the ACP, I have never seen such a value in phpbb3's ACPs... though I don't recall there ever being a wait for changing pages.

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby cypher543 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:40 am

15 is definitely reasonable. Thanks, Blink! :D
cypher543
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Return to Feedback Corner